You know you're a great songwriter when...

DammnBaby

..you can make three equally amazing versions of the same song! 

Mariah was in her creative bag with "Heartbreaker". None of the girls have ever done it quite like her.

• Like 5

Also when you don't need the majority of articles or fluff pieces about you saying that you are a great songwriter, it should be known via your musical output already.

• Like 3

I love Heartbreaker, it's such a great tune. And her vocal arrangements are impeccable. I think only Beyoncé comes close or rivals her in terms of that. 

Yes and when you can write music that's meaningful and relatable without it sounding pretentious, that's a good songwriter. 

Mariah uses words like "incessantly" and yet it fits perfectly and doesn't sound like it was ripped from a thesaurus. :clap3:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

I love Heartbreaker, it's such a great tune. And her vocal arrangements are impeccable. I think only Beyoncé comes close or rivals her in terms of that. 

Mariah, Beyonce and Janet are the trinity of vocal arrangements.

45 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Brandy would like a word!

And yeah Mariah is the queen of remixes and mashups the repertory is endless and exquisite :coffee:

She mastered this art form. More artists should follow her example. 

2 hours ago, Punky Rooster said:

Also when you don't need the majority of articles or fluff pieces about you saying that you are a great songwriter, it should be known via your musical output already.

Songwriters Hall of Fame recognizing that :jonny: 

Denis clearly does this too :gaynetcat1:

He got a pop, metal and acoustic version of a few of his songs. And has 20 different tones of vocals 

The amount of times she did this too :jonny: 

---

Honey has like 4 or 5 distinct versions. :rip: Original, so so def hip hop mix, the house classic mix, the Morales disco mix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.