Pitchfork: C,XOXO > TTPD, HMHAS, RO. Agree?

_Fey

Pitchfork has awarded Camila's latest album a 6.9.

The Tortured Poets Department - 6.6

The Anthology - 6.0

Hit Me Hard and Soft - 6.8

Radical Optimism - 6.6

Do you agree? Did Camila deliver the best album?

I agree that all of these albums (except HIT ME HARD AND SOFT) are lackluster, yes s:wan:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 2

Just now, Weld_E said:

Cowboy Carter- 8.4 :mandown:

As it should be 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Definitely not. Those albums are way better than Camila's album, especially Billie's and Dua's.

• Like 1

Billie > Taylor > Camila > Dua

No, I don't agree, in the same way I don't think CC's score should've been that high. C,XOXO's should've been on par with The Anthology's in my opinion. I do think the others are spot on though.

Edited by RoughOperator

Thinking that because an album got higher score = it's better is so dumb :rip:Those albums are all totally different from each other, they are not comparable in that way

proving they're a complete joke with every score :deadbanana2:

what Halsey said

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kern said:

Thinking that because an album got higher score = it's better is so dumb :rip:Those albums are all totally different from each other, they are not comparable in that way

Yeah definitely. I keep enjoying HMHAS from time to time but contrary to the majority here I felt like it wasn't deserving an extremely high critical acclaim and all in all I agree with their Pitchfork rating. An album that tanked critically can still reasonate with you or others based on whatever personal metric (it's art after all), as I'm sure this will be the case with many with Camila's.

• Like 1

she takes an experimental risky antics meanwhiles not so much for those below score albums, they actually listen to album at very least

It's also better than Brat. The praise for that album is giving lifetime achievement--or astroturing. The pots and pans are TIRED. Put them back in the cupboard, Charli. 

Honestly the work of El Guincho and other producers and writers is top notch. Camila is clearly the weakest link. This is why they wouldn't pan this, because musically it works. But then her lyrics and performances are way too derivative. I think the album will be seen as a fun curiosity in the future 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.