RENAISSANCE vs Confessions

DTF

?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. RvC

• RENAISSANCE
    • COnfessions
    • Abstain

Two queens of pop came together to maximize their joint slay on the BREAK MY SOUL (QUEENS MIX). Both albums are highly regarded as groundbreaking in the dance genre and were applauded for the seamless mixing and vision. In your objective opinion, which album has aged better?

Renaissance, her best album in the last decade. 

I've always found Confessions to be relatively overrated and I actually prefer Hard Candy. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

The abstain option is sending me.  I had to use it.  :heart:

I like Renaissance more as an overall body of work, but the first three songs / singles from Confessions  are incredible and on a whole nother level,  so it evens out.

• Thanks 1

It's most likely recency bias bc coadf has always been a favorite of mine but Renaissance clears. It isn't close really.

also change the thread title bc i thought we were comparing to the Usher album :rip:

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 1

The first 4 tracks of Confessions are literally untoppable but as a whole album from start to finish, I'd say Renaissance is stronger

COADF is better

Ren is cute but nothing on it is better than songs like get together, let it will be, future lovers and coadf singles sound like classics unlike break my soul and cuff it...like I am sorry but those are already forgotten

COADF doesn't have a Church Girl or Plastic Off The Sofa so that :mandown:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

42 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

COADF doesn't have a Church Girl or Plastic Off The Sofa so that :mandown:

But has a I Love New York :monkey:

OT: Confessions, but love Renaissance too.

Renaissance GOBBLES Concussions At The Nursing Home

I like every track on Renaissance except for Energy, whereas COADF has a heavy handful of duds or near-duds

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

RENAISSANCE 110%.

Confessions was hyped up a lot to me prior to listening. I didn't hear what most heard. Such an overrated album imo.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thanks 1

i thought this was going to be hard cause i thought this was ushers confession

renaissance easily 

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

RENAISSANCE 110%.

Confessions was hyped up a lot to me prior to listening. I didn't hear what most heard. Such an overrated album imo.

I feel like you need to have experienced it at the time it was released to truly get this. Madonna was once again considered to be on her way out given her age and the poor reception to her previous record American Life, and then she comes out with this extravagant dance/disco album that was unlike anything out there at the time smashing charts worldwide. Nobody was making music like this in 2005. It was truly something to behold and I think a lot of the album's goodwill comes from that too. 

In any case yeah we get this thread made like every other month it seems. 

15 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

i thought this was going to be hard cause i thought this was ushers confession

renaissance easily 

Right lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.