Predict the year Taylor Swift will stop being the most streamed artist on Spotify

Strawberry Bubble

Right now, she's so big that not even Drake and The Weeknd's streams combined could surpass her. But when do you think another artist will take the lead?"

maybe next year if someone else smashes (like bad bunny in 2022) 

10 minutes ago, fab said:

I think it will happen sooner than expected, no one can stay on top forever. My guess is 2026. 

I'd say the same: 2026 will mark the end of Taylormania for me, lol. She'll likely be the most streamed female artist for a decade, but maybe by 2026 The Weeknd or Bad Bunny will start dominating again

7 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

who do you think will surpass her 

2025 when she takes a break

The Weekend's next album will be huge I think he will replace her.

Bad Bunny also could make a comeback at some point

37 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

maybe next year if someone else smashes (like bad bunny in 2022) 

He smashed in 2020 and 2021 too, hehe. Maybe he's the only one who could surpass Taylor (The Weeknd is a strong contender, too)

7 minutes ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

who do you think will surpass her 

Shawn Mendes is coming :jonny6:

23 minutes ago, fab said:

I think it will happen sooner than expected, no one can stay on top forever. My guess is 2026. 

"sooner than expected"

"2026"

oh

:suburban:

1 hour ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

I'd say the same: 2026 will mark the end of Taylormania for me, lol. She'll likely be the most streamed female artist for a decade, but maybe by 2026 The Weeknd or Bad Bunny will start dominating again

None of them will. Maybe a new artist. 

31 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

None of them will. Maybe a new artist. 

I don't think so. To become the most streamed artist on Spotify in a single year, you really need a solid back catalog. That's why neither Olivia nor Billie have managed to surpass Taylor Swift. Even at their peak popularity, Taylor's accumulated catalog consistently leads in total streams. Achieving the title of most streamed artist requires being an established figure like Bad Bunny, The Weeknd, Drake, or others.

1 hour ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

I don't think so. To become the most streamed artist on Spotify in a single year, you really need a solid back catalog. That's why neither Olivia nor Billie have managed to surpass Taylor Swift. Even at their peak popularity, Taylor's accumulated catalog consistently leads in total streams. Achieving the title of most streamed artist requires being an established figure like Bad Bunny, The Weeknd, Drake, or others.

Wasn't Billie most streamed than Taylor in 2019?

think after she drops the last 2 TVs and slows down in music.  so maybe in 2 or 3 years? 

5 hours ago, Sex with Rih said:

I'm more shook by Rih. How on earth?

her music is so good and timeless.  :WAP:  she hasnt dropped in 8 years but we got 8 albums that people never get tired of

I feel like her momentum will still be too strong for anyone to surpass her in 2025, so 2026 seems like a safe bet.

The question of who'll be big enough to surpass her tho is a more interesting one. Drake kinda feels on his way out, the other potential female artists (Billie, Ariana, Rihanna, Karol G etc.) are not as globally massive as Taylor, BTS was never that big on Spotify and Bad Bunny seems like he has stalled lately. So I think the likeliest contender will either be Abel with another big era or someone brand new who's on no one's radar yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.