Girl, So Confusing is about Lorde. Sympathy is about Taylor. Who is Von Dutch about?

Bitter Aging Twink

12 minutes ago, Bartender said:

This was posted right after she unfollowed Twigs on insta but idk if it coincides with the completion of the track could someone verify?

Hmm.  Interesting.  Thanks for pointing that out. :clap3:  So I guess as of now we could say maybeeee it's about Twigs, but still not confirmed yet...

• Like 1

I really don't think it's about Twigs, like come on now Charli is not that delusional to think Twigs would be nameless without her dancing skills

Edited by Vigoorian King

11 minutes ago, Vigoorian King said:

I really don't think it's about Twigs, like come on now Charli is not that delusional to think Twigs would be nameless without her dancing skills

but her dancing has been as instrumental to her success (if not more) as her voice. she started off as a background dancer. imagine if all she did was sing, she would be another melanie martinez at best

• Thumbs Down 1

Charli D. I would guess

The lyrics being about Twigs don't match up, I don't think she has a little dance she does 

8 hours ago, Vigoorian King said:

On ATRL she is certainly not nameless. But many of her awards and nominations, including her sole Grammy performance nomination, comes from the "Cellophane" music video where her dance is the centre of the performance.

You won't **** unless he famous

Might be talking about Twigs here.

I get money, you get mad because the bank's shut

Twigs did have financial problems some time back.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natashajokic1/fka-twigs-house-financial

But perhaps this could be a reference to someone else named 'Banks' who would also fit the lyric about "obsessing" over Charli xcx (and other successful artists too of course) and 'Banks' has had financial problems and said that at one point she was sleeping in a storage space, so the bank was probably shut for her too.

Perhaps the song is about more than one person.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.