Will Taylor's next tour be an "Eras" type of tour again...?

Da Vinci

My personal theory is that this is a bookend to her pop career and she does a major musical pivot after this, but who knows.

It's hard to see where she goes from here touring-wise. Anything she does in the future will be compared to the Eras Tour. 

• Like 2

I think her next albums after a break are going to have another theme and their own thing going and the tours are going to be different 

A saga like Beyonce's acts would be genius for her in a few years with her own themes

Also I don't think we'll have another album like Midnights, TTPD, Lover or 1989. She's way too old for those concepts 

She's going to pull through probably 

I expect her to go all the way with TS13

• Like 2

I could see her next tour set being divided into different "chapters" like the Eras Tour, but with another theme. Maybe genres? Feelings? Chronology? Some system where fans request songs?

I could see her doing festivals only with TS12, though, and saving the next great world tour for TS13. 

• Like 1

TET was one in a lifetime thing so I think her next tour will be like her previous one. We have to keep in mind that the Eras tour basically exists because she released like 4 albums and she had to cover them all so it was basically the best way to do that and it worked perfectly.

• Like 3

She could extend it, the next tour could be bigger if not another one eventually after or she could get there biggest residency ever

everything is possible even a major decline 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

Taylor will make sure TS13 will outsell her best-selling albums and its tour definitely outgross TET.

:khalyan:

Isn't TS12 next? :chick1:

The one thing I love about her is how she doesn't always repeat the same setlist for 2 decades (cough, Avril Lavigne). She plays non-singles and fan favorites. Whatever she ends up doing, it'll be refreshing and entertaining.

I truly, earnestly believe TET is a one-of-a-kind phenomenon. I think Taylor knows this, too. I doubt she'll ever try to outdo the scale and scope.

The circumstances were too perfect. She reaped the rewards of being the hottest current act in the world while also embracing her status as a legacy act with the power of the re-recordings. To top it all, she's in her mid-30s and physically fit enough the meet the stamina needs of a 3 hour show and intense tour schedule. Like that Billboard article said at the end of last year, she made every right choice and truly left no stone unturned. 

With that said, she clearly realizes she needs to visit far more countries henceforward. I could see her doing ~100 date tours for specific albums and slightly fewer US dates. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

Isn't the anthology part of poets ts12

11 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

TS12 will be an underperformance for her (the album will still sell over 5x plat in the US) and she won't put much effort to it like bundles and such. She's pulling all the stops for TS13, her fav #

Edited by FailSafe

I could see her next tour doing something like Madonna did for Madame X . Small residencies in cities across the globe with a more intimate feel to them to act as the complete opposite of what the Eras tour is. She's made enough money from this i'd even make the tickets free and only accessible via her Taylor Nation thing or that new Spotify Top Listener feature (but need a workaround for Apple Music girlies). Would be a good PR move 

Another "Eras" type tour? Nobody wants that! 

Billie Eilish GIF by NBC

Edited by Brikenbur

3 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

TS12 will be an underperformance for her (the album will still sell over 5x plat in the US) and she won't put much effort to it like bundles and such. She's pulling all the stops for TS13, her fav #

why wouldnt she put effort into it seeing how much she and travis are popular 

I don't think she's doing anything like Eras again anytime soon. Maybe much later in her career, live when she's in her late 40s/early 50s, and it won't have the same type of divisions because she'd have way too many albums by then to put them all on a show. She also probably won't be able to do a 3h show by then. Maybe she'll divide it by "chapters" like... the country chapters (encapsulating Debut to Red), the pop chapter (1989 and the gang), the wood chapter (folklore, evermore, The Anthology), etc... 

For her next tour, it'll be focused on a singular album, or maybe two at most (in case she doesn't tour just TS12 because that might come too soon after the end of Eras). Some old songs will obviously be in the setlist (I can't really imagine a tour where she doesn't perform Love Story or Shake It Off for example), but they won't make up more than 20% of the setlist. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.