Kelly Clarkson: "Her name is not Bjork?!?"; Laufey performs "Bored"

SoldierofLove

Her Wendy Williams Dula Lapeep moment i guess

No one is expecting foreigners to pronounce Björk and Laufey with proper Icelandic pronunciation of phjöhk and löyvei because Icelandic spelling and phonology are a mess. An English tea. So no, her name is still Björk. 

This opens the topic of people being offended when people unintentionally mispronounce foreign words. That's embarrassing behaviour.

Girl I'm more stunned at how you pronounce Laufey???(Loewe?)  I had not idea she was Icelandic 

58 minutes ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

Girl I'm more stunned at how you pronounce Laufey???(Loewe?)  I had not idea she was Icelandic 

:laugh:

She's also half Chinese. 

While the Icelandic nuances are clearly difficult for non-native speakers, it's so sweet that Kelly wanted to get it right. I've seen her do this for others in the past as well.

Most wouldn't care or just be like "oh weird"

Also love Laufey, so cute and talented.

10 hours ago, Pendulum said:

This opens the topic of people being offended when people unintentionally mispronounce foreign words. That's embarrassing behaviour.

Unintentionally i agree. Otherwise, make the effort if you can.

lol I'm dead. 'ol girl is saying everyone says it like BEE-YORK but I always thought it was pronounced like BE-YERK. I've heard her people call her that. I've even heard Björk saying her name as BE-YERK so I don't know what she's talking about.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.