• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burqa

• ahauntingnearu

• _Fey

• Null

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy For You is almost 2 minutes longer? Something in my pants just became extended too! 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

the cover is so lazy :rip: the album shoot had like a million different sets and we only got 10 pictures

Oh ok Anything For Love definitely a disappointment :rip: I assumed they turned it into a proper song....but they just repeat the verse one more time and end it after that.

Yeah, apart from liking the few moments that showcase the production (I love the way the guitar gets some time to shine in EOAE, like the piano in TS does), idk if these will end up replacing the originals for me. But as someone who hasn't heard RO in a while, this did make me appreciate the album a bit more 

Club Radical Optimism next please :bird: Need another summer workout album like CFN was.

I'm really into this extended thing, BUT the production doesn't seem well executed to me. It's giving "let's play with those stems and call it a day."

Some parts sound and feel so random. It's a good concept, but it's not giving what it should, in my opinion.

(still glad we got some new content)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

this kinda feels like a missed opportunity to give the album what everyone collectively thought it lacked: climax, adlibs, crazy breakdowns like the one that houdini or illusion have. like yes sometimes the psychedelic elements were hidden in the instrumental and these versions let them shine but it still feels like it could be so much more. but then i guess if she did that people would complain about these versions not being the main ones 

• Like 3

my ranking (in terms of how much i think the extended version elevates the song or it's pointless) 

01 houdini

02 illusion

03 french exit

04 happy for you

05 whatcha doing 

06 maria (some parts are a bit clunky, the ending is quite abrupt) 

07 training season (last chorus is a mess)

08 end of an era

09 anything for love (no comments)

10 falling forever (such a waste of a great song) 

11 these walls (og felt so long already) 

• Like 1

some parts on french exit are exquisite omygodddd especially that post-chorus melody with that cute instrumental

DUAAAAA

Edited by tellyourfriends

1 hour ago, P!nk said:

Obviously haven't listened yet as it's not Friday here but I hope they're not lazy extensions. :dancehall: Such as those that just insert the instrumental within certain parts. :angelo:

I'm hoping for this: 

1 hour ago, Everyperfectsummer said:

Watch this be the psychedelic masterpiece album she promised

The new extended versions are useless. They're just extended to be extended (sometimes the cuts are awful). Only the extended versions of the singles are worthy of something. I like every single song in their original form, but what's missing from this great album is 2 more songs to bring it to a perfect length and overall form.

Edited by Marceau

Does EOAE's bridge instrumental come out more?

Does HFY's instrumental in the bridge or outro shine / extend a little more?

Does HL's second and third chorus backing vocals come out any better? 

Those were the only three I cared about for an extended mix tbh

3 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Houdini remains the best song ever, why?

:ryan3:

This is giving rando 2-page Base thread title

:clap3:

• Haha 1

Ok, so what we're not gonna do here is trash AN EXTENDED ALBUM for BEING EXTENDED VERSIONS. Are you people insane?

I love the showcase of production here. A lot of the elements not noticeable in the final mix can shine a lot brighter - love it! :heart2:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.