Britney vs Ariana: First Three Albums

Josh

Britney vs Ariana: First Three Albums  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Whose first three albums do you prefer?

• Britney
    • Ariana
  2. 2. Whose first three albums had the better singles?

• Britney
    • Ariana
  3. 3. Better Max Martin produced songs?

• Britney
    • Ariana

I choose Ariana's first 3 albums (although they're not in my top 5 of fav Ariana albums).

But I think Britney's first 3 were like a blueprint for bubblegum/teen/dance pop. I think I should get into her music.

Yall serious?

best friends what GIF by Hallmark Channel

albums? ariana wins and it's not even close

singles? britney wins and it's not even close

Definitely Britney but I like DW it had some good songs

Dangerous Woman is probably the best out of the bunch

but Ari's first 2 albums are pretty meh

you can say the same thing for Britney's first 2 albums, as a new pop fan, but at least they set a standard for the Pop Star - especially when it was Max's first albums

Singles..

Personally, I dislike Ariana's singles (from the first 2 albums)

while Britney's are classic all around, even if they are aged

+they still get mentioned,tributed and cited as influence.. so it just shows the blueprint of it all

40 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

I choose Ariana's first 3 albums (although they're not in my top 5 of fav Ariana albums).

But I think Britney's first 3 were like a blueprint for bubblegum/teen/dance pop. I think I should get into her music.

GIRL, anything from BOMT - Blackout (arguably Circus) is great. Glory is really good too. Definitely check her discography out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devin said:

britney. i didnt warm up to ari til sweetener-current. 

Same can be said about Britney and in the zone

• Confused 1

an insult to britney

Britney for all three :clap3:

Britney.. she will always be that ***** :WAP:

Britney clears, sorry Arianne, sorry Arianka.

5 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

To be one of her biggest fans you're completely in the wrong here, and don't let these people fool you hun.

She was always deeply involved in the creation of her albums, video concepts and every aspect of her career. Even if she wasn't much of a songwriter in the first two, she certainly was in the third one: most of the songs that made it to the album were inspired by Lucy, the Crossroads character she related to so much to the point she started to have issues dissociating from it. The family trauma, the teenager growing up into adulthood and trying to find her place in the world, etc. :gaycat7:

So many of the songs she released early on in her career resonate so much with how her life turned out to be and how she would feel. Ariana is amazing but we're setting her up against songs like Lucky or Overprotected.

Did you just read to respond? It's quite clear that jive had a heavy hand and control in the first three, especially bomt and oops, the singles were great but the nonsingles were not good enough to make them a cohesive album, you can always tell when Britney had major input in an album and when the record label did

And the fact that you mentioned singles proved my point 

The 90s r&b and doowop influences and that pleasant Babyface production on Yours Truly are far more timeless and universal than Britney's dated teen pop debut.

Ariana may not have as many iconic singles early in her career, but people exaggerate the timelessness of most of those early Britney singles anyway. A few hit really hard and remain in rotation but most have faded. If Janet and Michael are her influences she certainly doesn't have a Control or Thriller with NUMEROUS iconic hits that stood the test of time.

All of the insipid Britney ballads are especially horrible. Trying to compare them to Ariana's beautiful vocals on the sweet and age appropriate ballads on Yours Truly is insulting to Ari. By Dangerous Woman she matured even more in terms of artistic POV and vocal technique, it's not even a contest.

Edited by JanEgo

2 minutes ago, MattieB said:

Did you just read to respond? It's quite clear that jive had a heavy hand and control in the first three, especially bomt and oops, the singles were great but the nonsingles were not good enough to make them a cohesive album, you can always tell when Britney had major input in an album and when the record label did

And the fact that you mentioned singles proved my point 

Jive having a hand doesn't mean she was a puppet or made no decisions by herself/didn't push for what she wanted. And I don't think Ariana had that much creative freedom early on either, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JanEgo said:

The 90s r&b and doowop influences and that pleasant Babyface production on Yours Truly are far more timeless and universal than Britney's dated teen pop debut.

Ariana may not have as many iconic singles early in her career, but people exaggerate the timelessness of most of those early Britney singles anyway. A few hit really hard and remain in rotation but most have faded. If Janet and Michael are her influences she certainly doesn't have a Control or Thriller with NUMEROUS iconic hits that stood the test of time.

All of the insipid Britney ballads are especially horrible. Trying to compare them to Ariana's beautiful vocals on the sweet and age appropriate ballads on Yours Truly is insulting to Ari. By Dangerous Woman she matured even more in terms of artistic POV and vocal technique, it's not even a contest.

Agree to disagree. 80% of the forum disagrees with you anyway.
EZEv5tVWkAghYRi.jpg
(We love Ari)

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

Jive having a hand doesn't mean she was a puppet or made no decisions by herself/didn't push for what she wanted. And I don't think Ariana had that much creative freedom early on either, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

No one mentioned her being a puppet nor said she didn't make decisions. Jive being involved means she had less pull than ITZ onwards, obviously her vision was considered but the main priority for jive was profit especially for her being the hottest artist on the planet at that time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.