Britney vs Ariana: First Three Albums

Josh

Britney vs Ariana: First Three Albums  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Whose first three albums do you prefer?

• Britney
    • Ariana
  2. 2. Whose first three albums had the better singles?

• Britney
    • Ariana
  3. 3. Better Max Martin produced songs?

• Britney
    • Ariana

My very biased opinion is that until Positions I didn't start to take Ariana seriously as an artist that is able to make great bodies of work. It took some time but she got there. Britney was always there :clap3:

• Like 1

Ariana no contest. Her albums aren't that strong overall either but there's far more musicality, maturity, and better influences involved. No one rates early Britney albums but nostalgic aging millennials.

early choreography it's a different story 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 6

2 hours ago, JanEgo said:

Ariana no contest. Her albums aren't that strong overall either but there's far more musicality, maturity, and better influences involved. No one rates early Britney albums but nostalgic aging millennials.

spacer.png

Rihanna killed me with that reaction

2 minutes ago, JanEgo said:

spacer.png

Musicality? Maturity? Better influences? Yours Truly were Jordin Sparks rejects... we love Jordin but it is what it is. My Everything was a mixed bag, sure it had hits but most of them aged really badly and I doubt people even go to them for nostalgia. Dangerous Woman is the best of the bunch, a very decent pop album and I could see why some would prefer it over Britney's but honestly I don't.

Britney set trends and got clones with these three albums. Her influences were Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Robyn... Doesn't get much better than that.

• Like 8

Yours truly is better than britney debut. My everything album is better than OOPS album. In the zone is better than Dangerous woman though. I'm confused about the album results lmao. Britney kills Ariana grande when it comes to singles and has the better produced Max Martin Songs. I mean that's common sense. Baby and OOPS are horrible albums though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Musicality? Maturity? Better influences? Yours Truly were Jordin Sparks rejects... we love Jordin but it is what it is. My Everything was a mixed bag, sure it had hits but most of them aged really badly and I doubt people even go to them for nostalgia. Dangerous Woman is the best of the bunch, a very decent pop album and I could see why some would prefer it over Britney's but honestly I don't.

Britney set trends and got clones with these three albums. Her influences were Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Brandy, Robyn... Doesn't get much better than that.

I'm sure you believe that narrative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanEgo said:

I'm sure you believe that narrative.

Funnily enough their influences are really similar or basically the same and I noticed while I was typing it. You make no sense, you're just trying to mock people based on their age because you like an artist over another.

• Thanks 1

It is very hard, BOMT as an album has some fillers same for Oops but her self titled is one of her best works now coming to Ari Dangerous Women also is one of her best works! :coffee2:

Love Ari, But will give Brit Brit this! 

I love Ariana so much but her first 3 albums were literal late 2000's fillers. Nothing iconic, just current time hits. 

Baby one more time the song alone is the best debut single of all time. And that's because it is an instant classic, an instant hit song that is timeless. The lyrics, the song the melody , Her vocal performance and the production not to mention her choreo, the iconic video etc. 

Ariana flourished musically later on in her career. Her early career felt stuck in Disney. 

Idk because Dangerous Woman is better than the other 5 combined

Britney got better when ari started strong, sophomore release was pure singles and started to find her sound with the third 

5 hours ago, JanEgo said:

spacer.png

I wanna disagree so bad but its kinda true, Brit's first three albums are only carried by the singles and this is coming from one of her biggest fans. Her third had better non singles such as lonely, cinderella, what its like to be me etc. She wasn't musically free until ITZ

Why are you setting up Ariana like that? lol

Britney first 3 albums are full of bops (especially Oops and Britney)

Don't Go Knocking on my Door, Can't Make You Love Me, Satisfaction, When Your Eyes Say It, Where Are you Now?, Lonely, Cinderella, When I found you... and these are only the non-single tracks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devin said:

britney. i didnt warm up to ari til sweetener-current. 

Yeah this. Ari didn't really become Ari until Sweetener, her earlier stuff feels a bit hollow.

• Like 1

Is that even a question?! Britney for sure. Bigger hits, bigger eras, bigger impact, better videos, better stage presence.

1 hour ago, MattieB said:

I wanna disagree so bad but its kinda true, Brit's first three albums are only carried by the singles and this is coming from one of her biggest fans. Her third had better non singles such as lonely, cinderella, what its like to be me etc. She wasn't musically free until ITZ

To be one of her biggest fans you're completely in the wrong here, and don't let these people fool you hun.

She was always deeply involved in the creation of her albums, video concepts and every aspect of her career. Even if she wasn't much of a songwriter in the first two, she certainly was in the third one: most of the songs that made it to the album were inspired by Lucy, the Crossroads character she related to so much to the point she started to have issues dissociating from it. The family trauma, the teenager growing up into adulthood and trying to find her place in the world, etc. :gaycat7:

So many of the songs she released early on in her career resonate so much with how her life turned out to be and how she would feel. Ariana is amazing but we're setting her up against songs like Lucky or Overprotected.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.