Why did Camila Cabello decline so much?

prettyinpink940

Her most recent lead single barely charted and her album is set to underperform. Why? What happened? 

She was the definition of a singles artist. She was lucky to have a mega hit her first two eras and a semi hit her third. Without any catchy latin based single this era, she's gonna find out how the GP really feels about her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

artists decline. it's been happening since music charts were a thing

• Like 5

no more massive payola? but I still see her on my tl so maybe the gp really just said no to this talentless racist

The few hits she had were always bigger than her. No one was really checking the albums out and she never toured to build a solid fan base. Overall, her music and personality never really clicked with the GP even after all the promo she's had. 

I think a major component to success is stan twitter tbh

Stan twitter has to like you if you want to succeed. That goes with those PopCrave/PopBase type pages too

• Haha 3

It also seems the new wave of Gen Z pop stars laid bare what a useless waste of attention she is. She hit in what was a dead zone for new stars between the millennial and Gen Z domination eras and now there's no need for her and no base of support! Bye!

She's been flopping since the last project even though the music has always been solid enough. Maybe it's because she was exposed for being a 'racist rat'? (K Michelle's words). That seemed to be when everything started falling apart.

Edited by goldenrainbow222

:michael: well sometimes people just decline for no real reason. Music is unpredictable 

1 hour ago, JanEgo said:

It also seems the new wave of Gen Z pop stars laid bare what a useless waste of attention she is. She hit in what was a dead zone for new stars between the millennial and Gen Z domination eras and now there's no need for her and no base of support! Bye!

She's the new Ashanti.

1002852653_undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.aea

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1. Most of her fans were made up of Lesbian crowd, when she announced the news that she's dating Shawn after Senorita - all her lesbian fans left.

2. She did not interact with her fans and went on hiatus on social media for quite a long time (she went on meditation and zen route).

3. During Familia she did not look her best (unfortunately) - she went from being a ~lolita~ to all of the media shaming her for her weight gain. 

What did she do or say that you guys are calling her racist ? I missed it ? And more OT i think she comes over very inauthentic. Like what she is doing now is just a persona they building in a brainstorm session with a moodboard. 

but Chanel n5 is a bop 

I honestly always thought her solo hits with Havana and Senorita were somewhat of a fluke. Back in 2017/8 the usual MPGs were either flopping and/or not making very "pop" music (Katy, Taylor, Gaga, Miley) or faceless to US audiences (Alessia Cara, Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson, admittedly Dua Lipa back then as well). Camila was both a known name from her 5H days and was also making LatAm-inspired music that was all the rage back them, so she ticked both boxes for pop radio to latch on to.

Unfortunately the success of both songs also boxed her into the same genre afterwards (hence My Oh My and Bam Bam), even as the trend died down and people thankfully discovered that you can actually listen to non-American artists for a change.

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Like 1

she has a collab with drake that will save the era, she does this always (bam bam, havana, senorita, my oh my).

Edited by kellebrity98

She hasn't declined. She had a fluke and a feature and the rest of her trajectory before and after are mia

nothing but quick little hits fueled by EPIC record promo and now interscope not really sure what to deal with her. transition phase for her career

Bad music, no clear creative identity, racism controversy.

Not exactly a winning recipe for success.

Unless you're Morgen Wallen apparently.

Edited by The7thStranger

Well, GP was never really into her. She had a big luck with "Havana", which caught people's attention, then she had Shawn and Ed collaborations... "Don't Go Yet", which is good flopped, because she's non-factor. And now she's gonna flop even harder, nobody's into Charli copy.

Btw. she has Drake features right after his beef with Kendrick... worst timing ever. Imagine how big those could be a 1-2 years ago.

Ironically this album (so far) is her best musically. Too bad it's not coming off as authentic hence the critical failure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.