Do you listen to "By the grace of God" by Katy Perry in 2024 ?

MoonGoodandHappy

According to my last.fm, I haven't listened to that song since June 1, 2024. 

this is the first time I've ever listened to this song and I'm happy I did

IMG_7925.thumb.gif.58d482d8ee74911ae8fd9

• Like 1

I actually just listened to it yesterday. Prism has some great songs. The era was poorly worked and promoted by Katy tho, she slept on some other massive hits there. WOA and LL being two of the other obvious ones. The singles shoudlve been:

Roar

DH

WOA

LL

Unconditionally

International Smile

Edited by oli more
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

not on purpose 

1 minute ago, Smarticle said:

God is not here this era

i wish he was inside me 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oli more said:

I actually just listened to it yesterday. Prism has some great songs. The era was poorly worked and promoted by Katy tho, she slept on some other massive hits there. WOA and LL being two of the other obvious ones. The singles shoudlve been:

Roar

DH

WOA

LL

Unconditionally

International Smile

Prism as a whole is actually a pretty strong album, I've never understood the hate it gets. 

• Like 1

Its a decent song but havent listened to it in years.. i just listen to her greatest hits and youtube music algorithm 

I like it but Double Rainbow is my jam. 

11 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Prism as a whole is actually a pretty strong album, I've never understood the hate it gets. 

Roar is the reason and for the song alone, it deserves all the hate.

• Like 2

This is such a strong album, especially the second half. :clap3:
Choose Your Battles, Spiritual, It Takes Two are career highlights yet she put them on the deluxe….

ot: I haven't listened to BTGOG in a long time, but it's a nice introspective song, some of her best lyrics. I have a bone to pick with the damn production though. It should have remained a complete piano ballad without those annoying drum bass. This is what it should be originally.

• Like 1

I'll never not complain about how they botched the production on the studio release :gaycat6: it's so much better as just a piano ballad

2 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

ot: I haven't listened to BTGOG in a long time, but it's a nice introspective song, some of her best lyrics. I have a bone to pick with the damn production though. It should have remained a complete piano ballad without those annoying drum bass. This is what it should be originally.

!!!! The album version is far too overproduced, it should have been just piano and a few strings.

Also, I will probably piss ever KatyCat ever by saying this but "Choose Your Battles" is ssooo overrated.

the second half of Prism still her best work

I listened when it first came out and added all the songs I liked from the album.

It did not make the cut.

7 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

!!!! The album version is far too overproduced, it should have been just piano and a few strings.

Also, I will probably piss ever KatyCat ever by saying this but "Choose Your Battles" is ssooo overrated.

Yup the over production just takes away from the actual heartfelt message and mood. 

also CYB is severely under-appreciated just because it's not a typical pop formula song tbh. It's got layers that we don't see often in her songs and it's a welcome change. 

it played on the vinyl yes. wasnt sure how to skip it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.