Why are we sleeping on new Black-British Pop Girl Rachel Chinouriri?

Gwendolyn

The people beg for British pop girls.. the world leans for new black pop girls.. well. Miss Chinouriri has something that you will like!

Her debut album came out in March and it is acclaimed across different British publications (NME -4/5, The Telegraph - 4/5), Pitchfork gave her a 7.5 and she is currently on the festival circuit (she's performing in Glastonbury in a few days :clap3:). Support black British talent - stream her debut album and watch these amazing clips I've put together.

Never Need me and and It is What it is are bops!

:heart:

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Like 2

Wait, is that Florence Pugh in the first video? :hoetenks:

I haven't heard the album yet, but Never Need Me is a bop. :clap3:

Edited by Virgos Groove

Yep ever since I saw the Never Need Me video I have been obsessed with her. She deserves way more attention!

The first 3 tracks of the album are hit after hit!

31 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Wait, is that Florence Pugh in the first video? :hoetenks:

I haven't heard the album yet, but Never Need Me is a bop. :clap3:

Yep she in fact reached out to Rachel!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/florence-pugh-reveals-how-she-appeared-in-rachel-chinouriris-never-need-me-video-3578185

In a new behind-the-scenes video, Pugh told the story of how she and Chinouriri crossed paths. "Recently I was in LA and I was listening to her songs and I thought, 'You know what, I'm actually going to reach out to this amazing artist'.

"And I just said 'Thank you for making my day today' and then she replied and said she was also a fan. Then this idea came that I was in her music video.

"She's an absolute babe," Chinouriri added of Pugh. "She's a queen, she's got an infectious laugh. She's also just really funny. We just had the best time hanging out generally. That shoot was probably not just the highlight of my career but also my life. It was just the best day."

Edited by Acuminatus
  • Thanks 2

is the full album good? I checked out Never Need Me which is a stone cold bop and added it to my workout and pride playlists the other week :clap3:

48 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

is the full album good? I checked out Never Need Me which is a stone cold bop and added it to my workout and pride playlists the other week :clap3:

Never Need Me probably remains my favourite, but the whole album is definitely worth checking out. The Hills, another single is great for example:

• Thanks 1

bedroom pop is outdated and cant relate on her feel good music, bland as zara shopping playlists 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.