What is Beyoncé's Magnum Opus?

alexrex

Vote  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is Bey's magnum opus so far?

• Dangerously in Love
    • B'day
    • I am...Sasha Fierce
    • BEYONCÉ
    • LEMONADE
    • Renaissance
    • Cowboy Carter

Out of her 8 albums released so far, which one would you consider her magnum opus and why? 

Super Bowl Beyonce GIF by Mic

Edited by alexrex

She's always climbing higher in scope and creative ambition and the execution is always near ***flawless, so I'mma say 'Cowboy Carter'... that is until the next album drops.

• Haha 1

When I think of Beyoncé, the two main things I think about are Lemonade and Homecoming. These are what cemented her as a legend imo. 

I think Lemonade perfectly fits the bill for her magnum opus. It encompasses a lot of different sounds (most of what she explored with during her career), is strongly associated with denouncing social injustice (which is core to Beyoncé atp) and the visuals are her peak and perfectly represents this visual artist aspect of her with how it was polished. So for all that, I think it's her magnum opus. 

Homecoming is Beyoncé at her peak performance-wise. This is just absolute madness how incredible this show was. Truly one of the absolute greatest of all time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Klein said:

When I think of Beyoncé, the two main things I think about are Lemonade and Homecoming. These are what cemented her as a legend imo. 

I think Lemonade perfectly fits the bill for her magnum opus. It encompasses a lot of different sounds (most of what she explored with during her career), is strongly associated with denouncing social injustice (which is core to Beyoncé atp) and the visuals are her peak and perfectly represents this visual artist aspect of her with how it was polished. So for all that, I think it's her magnum opus. 

Homecoming is Beyoncé at her peak performance-wise. This is just absolute madness how incredible this show was. Truly one of the absolute greatest of all time. 

I came in thinking "Self titled duh!" but you made a great point 🤔 

B'Day is her magnum opus. It set the precedent and elevated the standard of her artistry. If it wasn't for 'B'Day' there would be no Self-Titled, no 4, no Renaissance. and the fact that every single song was different and she was SANGING on every song. Even on Back Up she's rapping and jumping back into singing over all the instruments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

The album with her biggest & most global hit - "Halo" so "I am...Sasha Fierce" is the only correct answer  :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 3

I voted Renaissance because it is such an amazing journey to listen to all the way through and there are no skips for me, but B'Day, Beyoncé, and Lemonade are also such valid answers.

We have to stan!

:jonny4:

13 minutes ago, mons†er said:

B'Day is her magnum opus. It set the precedent and elevated the standard of her artistry. If it wasn't for 'B'Day' there would be no Self-Titled, no 4, no Renaissance. and the fact that every single song was different and she was SANGING on every song. Even on Back Up she's rapping and jumping back into singing over all the instruments.

The true answer. 

I hate how overlooked the B'Day era is when it helped shaped her status into what it is now. 

B'Day set the bar and then every era afterwards raised it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

ST.

Renaissance could have been if she didn't fumble the release. It never reached its creative potential due to the missing videos, which we know existed and were teased. ST offers a more complete experience into Beyonce as an artist. 

its ST it is accessible and fun while also being creative and artistic. 

Other albums are good as well, but they don't have the balance of ST.  

Personally, Magnum Opus doesn't necessarily mean the best album of an artist . One could argue that any of her albums aside Dangerously in love and IASF is her best and you would still be correct.

Her discography is full of excellence but self titled is her magnum Opus . I think that's her most impactful album till date (not necessarily the best).

Reinvented surprise release with it, made the industry change release date to Friday , broke the internet , her legendary status became unarguable after that , was critically acclaimed and even the GP believed she should have won album of the year back then.

Rennaisance is my favourite though. It was a perfect balance of artistry while still being fun/catchy. If she had release the visuals in that era and a bit more promotion, she would have had a chance of repeaking commercially with it. 

Edited by chaklux
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.