Are you ready for reputation (TV) produced by Christopher Rowe?

Treason

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Treason

• TayDuaStan

• Taylor fanboy

• Xpress2019

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Reputation is one of the best pop albums all time imo, out of the pure pop ones it's also her best.

PERIOD!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

Now the real question is, will Chris Rowe also produce This Is What You Came For (Taylor's Version) since it's kinda confirmed to be added on RepTV? :suburban:

****! I want that so bad but not a horribly produced one :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Ger said:

Best pop albums of all time sweetie...

Reputation is electro-pop excellence it is one of the best albums of the 2010s

The production and lyrical complement each other better than even most of her albums, is extremely good, she was very consistent from beginning to end.

It's a classic pop album, overshadowed by her bad reputation at the time, which is a perfect analogy of art.

The only bad song is This why we can't have good things, but she had to poop at some point in the album.

• Like 2

All I know is Aaron Dessner needs to also stay away from this whole album. This ain't his turf. I don't get why she doesn't just use more experienced producers for the more technical songs.

Jack redoing the songs he produced is good but even he can make mistakes too. He messed up the bridge on I Wish You Would TV. But 1989 TV itself is a huge upgrade. The only song I can think of that got butchered badly was New Romantics TV.

43 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

RFI and Delicate TVs are already SMASHES.

The only ick with LWYMMD was the "dew" but we will move on.

Wasn't the LWYMMD snippet from 2 years ago? Honestly, she has zero excuse to not go back and perfect the recordings for this album….. she's had so much time to make sure this is done right!

Edited by Buffy
  • Thanks 1

The puta praise in here :biblionny:

You can't butcher something that was botched in the first place :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

NO!!!! we hate Christopher Rowe, talentless HAG ruined Style TV :dancehall2:

Taylor is so stingy for not paying up for Max's godly talent :dancehall2:

Forgot he also ruined Bible Space :dancehall2:

Edited by modeblock

I mean she already butchered 1989TV which is her pop bible, so I don't really care what happens to reputa. 

17 minutes ago, modeblock said:

NO!!!! we hate Christopher Rowe, talentless HAG ruined Style TV :dancehall2:

Taylor is so stingy for not paying up for Max's godly talent :dancehall2:

Forgot he also ruined Bible Space :dancehall2:

Don't forget New Romantics. But I also think Max didn't want to produce rerecorded songs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

Don't forget New Romantics. But I also think Max didn't want to produce rerecorded songs.

:chick3: Oh I hope that's not true, he will be dealt with.

What about Shellback or one of the other talented Max gworlies? :dancehall2:

Yes I am. I care more about her vocal tonality improvement than I do recreating a production. My ears will adapt to any changes in the production like they have to all re-recordings she's put out so far (except the criminal Girl At Home). But the re-recording for reputation is less important for me since her voice hasn't changed too much. I just want to revisit that era in a current context. Over time I realized I don't really listen to the vault tracks on the re-recordings.

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

Yes I am. I care more about her vocal tonality improvement than I do recreating a production. My ears will adapt to any changes in the production like they have to all re-recordings she's put out so far (except the criminal Girl At Home). But the re-recording for reputation is less important for me since her voice hasn't changed too much. I just want to revisit that era in a current context. Over time I realized I don't really listen to the vault tracks on the re-recordings.

The complete criminalization with Girl At Home was so random. She only made drastic changes to that song but no other ones :deadbanana4: 

7 minutes ago, modeblock said:

:chick3: Oh I hope that's not true, he will be dealt with.

What about Shellback or one of the other talented Max gworlies? :dancehall2:

Shellback was there for Wildest Dreams TV but that was rerecorded earlier when she released it two years before (2021 when it was blowing up on tiktok) the album was rereleased. After WDTV, he wasn't on any of the re-produced 1989 songs (sadly).

• Thanks 1

Am I the only one who likes the TVs more than the original?

I didn't get the difference in Style's intro (I find the TV one sexier), I Know Places is angrier and crisper, I Wish You Would finally hit me with TV, Clean's vocals have been upgraded, Out of the Woods is the biggest glow up, the vault tracks are all fantastic (even Suburban Legends). Wildest Dreams and This Love are also obvious glow ups, and great that they were released earlier.

Red TV, Speak Now TV and Fearless TV also had a great glow up. RedTV and SNTV also had great vault tracks. The only thing I don't like are the Fearless TV vault, aside from BBB and That's When which are bops.

Well I'm not the biggest fan of reputation but I agree that the production helps in making it a great pop album. I do love Taylor's vocal takes on this album, especially when she goes high (Don't Blame Me, Ready for It, Dress). Her lows are more amazing in folkmore/TTPD but she also did a lot of great takes here (CIWYW, and some parts of Dress have been LOWWW which is amazing).

I do hope it's not butchered, I'm growing to lvoe this album because of the tour, I just got around DBM and IDSB so next is Gorgeous or TIWWCHNT (which are both icks and cringe).

18 hours ago, Maxxxine said:

Re-recording this is like re-recording Midnights :rip: unnecessary. 

Yeah but we know WHY she's re-recording Rep though or have you living in an abyss since 2019?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.