Which pop girl albums/singles got overshadowed this year so far?

judasmonster

With the amount of artists dropping new music, it feels like some are getting forgotten quick. Tate's singles were being constantly played on radio earlier this year to the point it felt grammy worthy but now I don't really hear much from her. Madison also dropped an amazing track Make You Mine, but I feel that got overshadowed and didn't end up taking off on radio. :katie: Tyla's album was really good but I don't think it made as much noise as it should have. And with Dua, well y'all know...

Which other girls do you feel have been overshadowed this year by the plethora of releases? Which albums feel forgotten already?

yes, and? felt like a moment but now it's just a song that no one talks about. It doesn't help that it didn't do well on charts after its first week and it was a very underwhelming track when it was released and in the context of the album also

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't really think anyone has been overshadowed, everyone gets their moment. Those moments are just shorter in today's culture. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Camila's release has been a bit overshadowed by Sabrina.

Taylor, Ariana, Billie, Charli, Chappell, and Sabrina have all had or still having their moments. I guess the most surprising part is Dua's era seemingly DOA as soon as the album dropped. It might as well not even exist with the way it was an immediate non-factor. I don't think there's been an album by this current crop of MPG's that has performed so poorly, which I really didn't see coming.

But besides Dua, I think everyone had their moment in one way or another.

• Like 1

I feel like no one cares about that Cowboy Country album or whatever it's called that Bey dropped. :ducky:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Most of them had their moments. The ones that I feel no one cared about are Camila and Shakira. 

• Like 1

The Alligator Tears songstress :biblio:

4 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

I feel like no one cares about that Cowboy Country album or whatever it's called that Bey dropped. :ducky:

Bey had a hate train with those YT Country folks so NO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.