Throwback: Britney @ BBMA 2016

Lana Banana

Last time she slayed a performance on an awards show if only other walking queens (Starts with T and ends with T) on tours could provide this charisma :jonny5: 

She seemed stiff in the beginning but really opened up for afterwards.

The Womanizer breakdown :jonny5: The BOM choreo, the Slave pole&choreo, the ILR&R on the giant guitar with that body, the TOMH backflip (minus The Weeknd being the only one sitting down), the Toxic choreo, her outfits AND body throughout the perforamance (she posted that all she wanted after that performance was a hamburger) :jonny5: 

The standing ovation in the end for the Undisputed Princess of Pop.

I wonder how much **** she got from her father/team for doing BOM/TOMH live...

I also saw her BBMA 2016 outfit when I saw her in Vegas in 2017, that outfit was like the tiniest little thing ever, she really barely covered her coochy alone :jonny5:

She was really feeling it in the Glory days. Shame we didn't get a new song then because these awards were in May and her album came out in August (leaked 2-3 weeks earlier).

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Like 8

I feel like I didn't appreciate Gloryney and this era enough and I lived every second of it... :jonny5: The whole era was overshadowed by her pusillanimous team, it was very frustating for us fans that tried really hard to promote her and wanted her to do well commercially. God I feel guilty and selfish but I miss her and I need her back.

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

I feel like I didn't appreciate Gloryney and this era enough and I lived every second of it... :jonny5: The whole era was overshadowed by her pusillanimous team, it was very frustating for us fans that tried really hard to promote her and wanted her to do well commercially. God I feel guilty and selfish but I miss her and I need her back.

I ******* love that we have her Apple performance in HD since then (Work *****, Gimme More performances are ******* amazing), the only thing I hate is them flopping the TOMH backflip :sad:

Glory is an absolutely phenomenal album. :clap3: 

• Like 6

Not trying to be mean but the truth is that she's doing is walking across the stage. She's not singing and barely dancing. This performance wasn't good

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

20 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

I ******* love that we have her Apple performance in HD since then (Work *****, Gimme More performances are ******* amazing), the only thing I hate is them flopping the TOMH backflip :sad:

Looking back now I understand why the GP and some stans were so harsh on her performances because they weren't really good most of the time, but her energy was shifting, like you can see her smile and have a good time and she had more agility on stage compared to previous years.  :chick3:

At least she began her hiatus on a high note.... come back, queen :chick3:

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, san784 said:

Not trying to be mean but the truth is that she's doing is walking across the stage. She's not singing and barely dancing. This performance wasn't good

You mean she is doing Eras Tour? I agree. 

I literally pointed out the highlights in the OP including the backflip. It that is = walking to you then ¯\(ツ)/¯ 

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Looking back now I understand why the GP and some stans were so harsh on her performances because they weren't really good most of the time, but her energy was shifting, like you can see her smile and have a good time and she had more agility on stage compared to previous years.  :chick3:

Still, could you link me to a performance better than this that's after 2016? ¯\(ツ)/¯ 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

At least she began her hiatus on a high note.... come back, queen :chick3:

She literally can do the bare minimum on stage and still look better than any MPG in 2024, like… Plus she is not working with Dr. Luke :jonny3:

Edited by Lana Banana

we were all so happy back then.. 

• Like 4

Just now, Lana Banana said:

Still, could you link me to a performance better than this that's after 2016? ¯\(ツ)/¯ 

No, because most of them were just her Vegas residency recycled, and this one was the only one different which made it more exciting for the fans. I love the outfit too. I remember the iHeart Radio set being a cute moment too.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ChooseyLover said:

No, because most of them were just her Vegas residency recycled, and this one was the only one different which made it more exciting for the fans. I love the outfit too. I remember the iHeart Radio set being a cute moment too.

I meant other artists

p.s.  She was great most of her Asian dates. 

Edited by Lana Banana

I meant other artists

Oh. Plenty...

• Confused 1

Just now, ChooseyLover said:

Oh. Plenty...

Give

I remember watching this live and being really nervous seeing her expression when she started Work B*tch. You could tell she was anxious, but the second that she got comfortable it was like her natural performance instinct kicked in. 

Considering the circumstances of what she was going through, this was a great performance. I really miss seeing her on a stage, but I also understand why that period of her life is over. The good thing is she gave us so many great or iconic ones to look back and watch. 

Of course, I'm not counting her out for ever  performing again, but she seems to crave peace and deserves it. I expect nothing from her, it's her life to live free and happy.

:heart2:

11 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Give

I really don't want to because it's not fair for Brit to compare her to artists that are 100% at their functioning/performative level. But you just have to google Tinashe, BoA, Tate and all the dancing girlies. If you're European you must have seen every year several performances that are more impressive in Eurovision.

Edited by ChooseyLover

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

I really don't want to because it's not fair for Brit to compare her to artists that are 100% at their functioning/performative level. But you just have to google Tinashe, BoA, Tate and all the dancing girlies. If you're European you must have seen every year several performances that are more impressive in Eurovision.

Okay, you actually gave me some good names that I can agree with because I have seen it, which were not stan delulu suggestions. Thanks!

Edited by Lana Banana

That was a fantastic performance. I wish artist would put efforts into their performances but most of them are so lazy these days.

• Thanks 1

Okay, you actually gave me some good names that I can agree with because I have seen it!

And I also agree OP video sh!ts on many, many overhyped mainstream artists these days from a showmanship standpoint :gaycatney3:

• Thanks 2

And I also agree OP video sh!ts on many, many overhyped mainstream artists these days from a showmanship standpoint :gaycatney3:

Girl I just need to watch DWAD to fully comprehend that my beliefs are true. Every song of that tour is TV worthy :jonny5:

• Like 1

Her passion and confidence sparked once more and it was glorious to witness it live :jonny4:

There's no need to bring cardboard stans into this. They're in that cult because it's clear they don't Stan performing talent or they wouldn't pay a fortune to see her sToRy tElLiNg live 

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

Girl I just need to watch DWAD to fully comprehend that my beliefs are true. Every song of that tour is TV worthy :jonny5:

GOD... Swifties were freaking out because Miss Swift was swimming on stage but they have not seen Britney in a dance off against herself :jonny5: or fighting evil dancers that spark when they beaten down :jonny5:  now that was a conceptual tour that screams Y2K excellence

• Thanks 1

This was such a moment, she slayed!

GOD... Swifties were freaking out because Miss Swift was swimming on stage but they have not seen Britney in a dance off against herself :jonny5: or fighting evil dancers that spark when they beaten down :jonny5:  now that was a conceptual tour that screams Y2K excellence

Haha you're such a stan!!! Super appreciated in my thread. Work *****

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.