• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apolonio

• Wonbin

• Click Clack

• Exzime.

Why did they hide the nicki thread omg no i wanted to see the quotes i got :jonny:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Wild Side" came out three years ago, the two new singles didn't make much noise and did she even do much promo? Kinda was to be expected. 

11 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

You're in no position to do any signature pointing lmao tf :bibliahh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

11 minutes ago, Apolonio said:

Hunny @Ethereal I hope you're streaming Dopafiend while you're doing all this downvoting. 

spacer.png

Like. Always downvoting and confused reacting to people dd maybe if you put less effort into throwing temper tantrums over normani and more time pressing that play button on spotify, maybe your girl's album wouldn't be scanning vacuum bag dusty bunny

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Roasts and gags aside, I lowkey feel a bit bad because twitter is constantly hyping this woman up just to let her music flop :deadbanana4: like what's the reason for constantly playing in her face :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

***** STOP SKSKSKSKSMDDK

I was this close 🤏🏽 to making a vocaroo. I was cackling so hard I started coughing lmao 

• Haha 1

I'm honestly impressed it debuted with 12k all things considered.

• Like 1

she seriously needs a hit to give her career a little boost, why is it so hard? she have the talent, the looks, she just needs guiding 

dopamine is good tbh

2 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Losers getting mad over downvotes.

Downvote these nuts lmaooo 

• Haha 3

They didn't strike while the iron was hot back in 2019-2021, and subsequently made zero attempt at regaining momentum with the 2024 roll out. Not having preorders basically condemned this to a low debut and having no real single do anything cemented it. They were relying on her name alone but that ship has sailed - I have friends who would have checked out her album if it had been released a few years back, but now they've simply forgotten about her. 

This definitely feels like mostly a management issue, but I think Normani is also at play here. She seems to have a very conservative, old school vision of what it means to be an entertainer, and she doesn't seem very adaptable to embracing an alternative model of being a pop star. Tinashe is an example of someone whose career started with high expectations followed by commercial disappointment, but she had the creativity and the vision to carve out her own lane, and is currently reaping the benefits of that as an independent artist with an organic hit. Time will tell if Normani has the capacity to do the same, but her total lack of engagement - she could easily self fund a sickening music video to get the ball rolling on her own - suggests something is holding her back.

I hope I'm wrong though, cos I love Dopamine! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

I'm honestly impressed it debuted with 12k all things considered.

right i thought it'd do less than 10K :deadbanana4: slay boo! Let's book some festivals

There aren't any surefire hits on the album + the 5 year delay + terrible management + lack of a visible performance on literally any stage. All of this was a recipe for absolute disaster.

I mean, are we surprised? What was the promotional campaign for the week? A few interviews on YouTube? That isn't enough. There were no music videos for "1:59" and "Candy Paint". She is not Beyoncé. She needs some kind of visual to promote her music. Both her management and her record label(s) did nothing for this release, outside of the announcement and the website. Considering all of that... debuting at 91 isn't bad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, BLΔCKP!NK said:

Like. Always downvoting and confused reacting to people dd maybe if you put less effort into throwing temper tantrums over normani and more time pressing that play button on spotify, maybe your girl's album wouldn't be scanning vacuum bag dusty bunny

spacer.png

not vacuum bag dust I- :ahh: 

spacer.png

• Haha 6

So after all the lashings her fans have given to Tinashe for years, it turns out every RCA released Tinashe album outpeaked this. The only Tinashe albums that didn't are the independently released ones, nevermind that SFY was released on a Thursday. Hmmm… 

And that's no shade to Normani directly bc there are good songs on the album

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.