Tinashe - "Getting No Sleep"

YoungDreamer

8 minutes ago, nuclear said:

A little disappointed. I was 400-500K. We still have a long way to go.

Probably overshadowed by Nasty

• Like 1

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VersionsofNashe

• PartyFavor

• Contessa

• nuclear

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

28/6: 8.486 (partial day streams)
29/6: 217.533

Total: 226.019

Her second biggest independent debut on Spotify

:monkey:  Was expecting 300k but oh well, she should've let people know she was releasing a new song earlier 

Edited by Tinashebanks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

28/6: 8.486 (partial day streams)
29/6: 217.533

Total: 226.019

Her second biggest independent debut on Spotify

love this!

this is perfect for her. it means she's starting to stabilize at a higher level. i'd rather her debuts consistently increase than to do a massive jump one time just to fall back to normal at another like some other artists. it means she's growing her core fanbase the right way. 

• Like 4

after Nasty I was very excited but as much as I tried it's not memorable for me, not a skip but certainly not a song I'm willingly going to listen

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ciara said:

I'm def getting a lot of sleep because this song is a snooze. Wtf is going on with her and her team. Song is TRASH and yall are delusional if you don't think otherwise 

In other news Level Up just got certified 2X platinum and is close to 3X platinum and How We Roll is almost Gold! We love artists that have platinum hits 20 years into their careers :alexz:

You're so cringe it's hilarious 😂😂😂

Hopefully all that sleep will do that brain some good 

Edited by 50thStateofMind
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nuclear said:

A little disappointed. I was expecting 400-500K. We still have a long way to go.

Expecting 500k off this song is nasty delusional :bibliahh:

55 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Don't engage with this non supporter 

• Like 1

Those who prefer Nasty can go listen to that hit on repeat. Those of us who prefer the artist, Tinashe, will continue to listen to one of her best singles. :celestial2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, crf13 said:

Those who prefer Nasty can go listen to that hit on repeat. Those of us who prefer the artist, Tinashe, will continue to listen to one of her best singles. :celestial2:

This song doesn't even touch the level of talent she has. Shes literally just repeating "we ain't getting no sleep nah nah" and "la la, la la, la la, la la" over and over…

2 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Lmao girl you are delusional just like the rest of the girls in here 

3 hours ago, nuclear said:

A little disappointed. I was expecting 400-500K. We still have a long way to go.

That wasn't realistic sis, like at all. 

Like some of us already said, Nasty hasn't created much interest in her back catalogue so it was to be expected there wouldn't be a spike in interest in the follow-up singles to Nasty aswell. That's why we shouldn't expect much different numbers for Quantum Baby either unless she has the physicals ready on release week so she could at least chart in the top 200.

Nasty is a meme hit which is at least raising her known-factor and celeb status. 

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

This song doesn't even touch the level of talent she has. Shes literally just repeating "we ain't getting no sleep nah nah" and "la la, la la, la la, la la" over and over…

It's really not that deep. You seem upset she didn't release Ghetto Boy 2.0 or All Hands On Deck 2.0 as the 2nd single. 

13 minutes ago, Nashe said:

That wasn't realistic sis, like at all. 

Like some of us already said, Nasty hasn't created much interest in her back catalogue so it was to be expected there wouldn't be a spike in interest in the follow-up singles to Nasty aswell. That's why we shouldn't expect much different numbers for Quantum Baby either unless she has the physicals ready on release week so she could at least chart in the top 200.

Nasty is a meme hit which is at least raising her known-factor and celeb status. 

Yes I realize that especially with the match my freak ep, I was still hoping it wouldn't be the case I set myself up. I think she will chart on the billboard 200 regardless unless nasty start dropping like a rock on streaming. I need her team to push other songs along with nasty to get people interested in her catalog and the album. Her releasing another EP length will make it hard for her get good position though. I still have hope of possibly top 50 with physicals. Her team better have physical ready on release date or this will be embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, crf13 said:

It's really not that deep. You seem upset she didn't release Ghetto Boy 2.0 or All Hands On Deck 2.0 as the 2nd single. 

I am pretty sure GNS is just a promo single anyways. They wouldn't risk releasing a single that would compete with nasty. As much as love GNS she needs a strong uptempo for the second single. Hopefully nasty is not the closest to an uptempo we are going to get on the ep. Knowing her she is content with nasty as it is and don't care. Hopefully something else from the ep will go viral. As long she can get couple awards show performances, upgrade tour/venues, and a couple Grammys, I am good as well. 

• Like 2

The ones that understand TINASHE's sound get what GNS does and I'm sure it's sitting quite well in the soundscape of the quantum baby album 

she gives us levels and I appreciate her for that.

not catering to the gp 

GNS is a repeat 🔂 

2 hours ago, PartyFavor said:

Damn I was trying to be cordial :dies:

Why you trying to be cordial with a nasty rodent? 

Nasty had its biggest day on streaming yesterday again :heart2:

Since the featured remix will come probably in the next couple weeks, I wonder how that will do for its numbers.

this song has real tiktok potential too, DNB always gets traction on tiktok. It has better chances if doing anything better than what it would have otherwise now that nasty is a hit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wehavetostan said:

Exactly. Why was this made a single, especially as a follow up to Nasty??

I'm gonna assume the first 3 singles of this era has long been decided and all 3 MVs have already been shot. She couldn't pick a new song to release after Nasty without jeopardizing the story line for the era. 

Honestly shows that Tinashe had no idea that Nasty would be such a big hit as it turned out being.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.