ABBA Gold vs The Immaculate Collection

prettyinpink940

5 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Not when Design of a Decade only covers 2 albums. 

The Immaculate Collection covers the imperial phase of one of the most important popstars in history and every song is an iconic, era defining bop.

True, but Design of a Decade has some of the best Janet songs ever on it. The inclusion of the Rhythm Nation singles alone makes it enough for me to be the best compilation album. For me, Madonna's best music is the period of albums spanning from Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light & Music. But obviously Immaculate Collection is one of the best compilation albums ever based on the impact it had alone. But I don't really use a lot of the singles from that Madonna era that much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

True, but Design of a Decade has some of the best Janet songs ever on it. The inclusion of the Rhythm Nation singles alone makes it enough for me to be the best compilation album. For me, Madonna's best music is the period of albums spanning from Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light & Music. But obviously Immaculate Collection is one of the best compilation albums ever based on the impact it had alone. But I don't really use a lot of the singles from that Madonna era that much. 

Yeah I prefer 90s Madonna to 80s Madonna but I think the 80s have the more iconic hits. It's a shame that Janet didn't get a real best of until 2009, if she had one for Control-RN1814-janet-The Velvet Rope it would be one of the best ever.

I find Abba music a little cheesy to be honest.

The Immaculate Collection. I respect ABBA, but I don't like their music.

GH2 > Gold > Immaculate Collection 

I don't listen to Abba but I'm gonna choose Gold cause I prefer the original album versions of all the remixes in TIC :)

Edit: Oh there's no poll

Interesting pairing. I'll give Madonna a slight edge, both have their highs and lows but when Madonna owns it she OWNS it.

TIC, i do like Gold but some of Abba songs are too cheesy for me 

Celebration > Gold > TIC 

Probably two of the greatest compilation albums ever. :clap3: ABBA Gold was one of the first CDs I ever owned so for that it gets my vote.

ABBA and it's not even close

ABBA Gold of course. Timeless :clap3:

Of course the immaculate queen of pop. Immaculate collection symbolizes perfection

Edited by nightowl

ABBA easy. It's too good. Madonna's is great though 

Both were pivotal in shaping my musical taste but I'll give the edge to Madonna because the music videos and live performances (even only up to the point of release) take the whole thing to another level. A literal CULTURAL RESET.

Immaculate Collection! 

Celebration > Ejaculate Collection

:emofish:

obvs abba lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.