ABBA Gold vs The Immaculate Collection

prettyinpink940

ABBA_Gold_cover.pngMadonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

The best-selling GH album ever and the best-selling GH album by a solo artist, respectively.

Which one do you prefer? 

The Immaculate Collection

• Like 1

• Like 1

Madonna>Abba always. Always 

Gold 

I listen to madonnas albums instead :thing: 

ABBA Gold 

ABBA Gold has more global impact and cultural significance today. 

And tbh, the best compilation for a MPG will always be Janet's "Design of a Decade"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

ABBA.

I've never listened to The Immaculate Collection. I mean I have Madonna's albums and I just listen to the same songs on there?

I'm not going to pick. They're both important for music history and classics.

2 minutes ago, Burn said:

ABBA.

I've never listened to The Immaculate Collection. I mean I have Madonna's albums and I just listen to the same songs on there?

The Immaculate Collection has some additional production on the tracks which is pretty cool (even tho Express Yourself OG >>> Remix version) so that makes the difference. Also Justify My Love & Rescue Me do uplift the compilation album 

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The Immaculate Collection has some additional production on the tracks which is pretty cool (even tho Express Yourself OG >>> Remix version) so that makes the difference. Also Justify My Love & Rescue Me do uplift the compilation album 

Maybe I'll have to check it out. I knew the songs were edited for this compilation but I thought they'd just be minor changes that I'd barely even notice. :kitty:

That's really hard. Two impeccable compilations that bring classics that have - and will always - withstand the test of time. I'm gonna go with Madonna on this one, since I hear her albums more often.  

The best compilation ever made and still did not have space for many other hits and great songs: The IMMACULATE Collection. 

these are probably the two greatest hits albums i know best and i will always say abba gold, just because it's a better selection of their era (abba gold features almost all their biggest hits while missing off true blue, dress you up and angel always makes me mad) and some of the remixes on TIC are not great, i'm less fussy about this than some people i know but the version of express yrself esp is really annoying

A more even match would've been Gold vs Shania Twain's greatest hits 

The Immaculate Collection still best compilation album :clap3:

38 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

And tbh, the best compilation for a MPG will always be Janet's "Design of a Decade"

Not when it's missing all of her janet. era hits besides TTWLG. Then again, she already had so many hits by that point, there's no way they could've fit all of them.

:khalyan2:

OT: Madge. Abba are obviously legends and Gold is immaculately assembled, but some of their hits are a bit too "European" for me.

• Like 1

Gold, not a fan of some remixes on TIC.

ABBA Gold. Be serious.

47 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

ABBA Gold has more global impact and cultural significance today. 

Not when Design of a Decade only covers 2 albums. 

The Immaculate Collection covers the imperial phase of one of the most important popstars in history and every song is an iconic, era defining bop.

• Like 1

Very close but ABBA Gold. Only because I have fond memories from childhood singing these songs in karaoke during family reunions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.