Zion Foster f/ Jesy Nelson - "Mine"

The Slayer

Update: Mine will be released on 2nd August by her boyfriend Zion Foster.

Pre-save:

https://share.amuse.io/track/zion-foster-mine

Jesy returned to social media after a three month break.

She revealed she needed to take time out to work on herself and that social media severely impacts her mental health. 

Jesy revealed she is having trouble releasing the solo songs she worked on due to politics since becoming independent. She apologised for taking so long to release music and said she needed to be in the right headspace to return.

She has confirmed on Instagram and Tiktok comments a joint EP is coming with her boyfriend Zion Foster. She plans on releasing this joint project first before her solo stuff. She said she wants to just give the fans something ASAP.

It sounds good :jonny6: i'm happy she's slowly coming back.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• alexaalto

• orange22

• ImpressMeMuch

Other songs teased:

Another but unlikely to be on the EP:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ahhh so exited for miss jesy to return! EP is such a great surprise and they sound nice together vocally and sonically. hopefully the lyrics are good also

great year to have music from all our girls:alexz3:

• Like 1

I really loved Comfortable so it would be cool to listen to it finally HQ if it ends up on the EP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

ahhh so exited for miss jesy to return! EP is such a great surprise and they sound nice together vocally and sonically. hopefully the lyrics are good also

great year to have music from all our girls:alexz3:

Me too, I love her voice. I'm so excited to get songs from all four this year :jonny6:

Did you hear this that she teased a few months ago?! Sounds so good! Talking about how her dad left them as children. I hope the solo songs she recorded see the light of day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Jesy potentially on her second comeback to solo music and Jade still hasn't released her debut single :dies:

Past messiness aside, Boyz was a bop but Bad Thing and the stuff she's teasing now isn't really doing it for me. Will wait to see what it sounds like properly mixed and mastered.

• Like 1

It is nice to see her be more natural lately on social media.

New post this morning teasing 'Mine'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I bet she can't buy back the songs that she recorded with Polydor or is struggling to. That's probably the industry politics 

one thing i will say about Jesy is when she says she's taking breaks, she actually keeps her word and disappears for a while.

it's very frustrating to see artists who need to be off the internet constantly coming back and digging their own grave 

being able to opt out of a 9 to 5 job and social media etc is one of the biggest privileges you can have- use it!

17 minutes ago, Saint James said:

one thing i will say about Jesy is when she says she's taking breaks, she actually keeps her word and disappears for a while.

it's very frustrating to see artists who need to be off the internet constantly coming back and digging their own grave

Oh No What GIF by Max

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I really want that Mixed Feelings song, I don't care about the joint stuff with her irrelevant boyfriend. 

5 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Me too, I love her voice. I'm so excited to get songs from all four this year :jonny6:

Did you hear this that she teased a few months ago?! Sounds so good! Talking about how her dad left them as children. I hope the solo songs she recorded see the light of day.

yes, the track sounded beautiful! matches well with Bad Thing too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motivation93 said:

I bet she can't buy back the songs that she recorded with Polydor or is struggling to. That's probably the industry politics 

can anyone here hack, asking for a friend hehe:bird:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Oh this one is incredible.
I'm looking forward to her music. I think Boyz is a cute song but Bad Thing is what really made me like her a lot, this song has similar vibe and it sounds just as good. I like it much more than what she's doing with her boyfriend but those songs sound good too tbh, especially Don't Get Too Comfortable 

• Like 1

i feel like jesy is so talented but all the music shes been teasing lately feels very one note

Perrie appears to have done a song about Jesy, she said she's hopes to connect again with this former close friend in the future but isn't sure that person will want to after they hear the song.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It seems to be a track they are just going to drop, no promo or anything. I'm here for any music at this point and it sounds goooood!

She is absolutely fine with her music not charting she just wants to release music she loves.

Edited by The Slayer

An independent release by Zion Foster featuring Jesy out 2nd August.

• Like 1

I spoke to her, no promo just the song as a release while she works on solo music. She does not expect it to chart nor does she care anymore about that.

16 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

I spoke to her, no promo just the song as a release while she works on solo music. She does not expect it to chart nor does she care anymore about that.

We been knew sis we don't need her on any charts either.

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Looks like it is just a random drop and it is Zion's song she just features on.

OBSESSED!

Posted (edited)

Love that she's posting stuff with less make-up/tan the past year especially. Especially with her insecurities, hopefully this is growth.

Edited by The Slayer

4 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Love that she's posting stuff with less make-up/tan the past year especially. Especially with her insecurities, hopefully this is growth.

Honestly, I'm loving this journey for her, although tanning culture here in the UK has always been a topic for discussion and we've seen beloved idols being harshly criticized for it, it's great that Jesy seems to be healing that part of herself. Good for her.

• Like 1

Agreed!!

Cannot wait for Friday, she looks so good too. 

Hoping she doesn't disappear again after this. She was in the studio last week with some new producers for solo stuff so hopefully something comes from that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.