H100: Please, Please, Please #1

Renan90

Taylor-Swift-cr-Beth-Garrabrant-2024-The

Taylor Swift Notches Ninth Week Atop Billboard 200 With 'The Tortured Poets Department'

Plus: Don Toliver, $uicideboy$, Luke Combs and NAYEON debut in the top 10.

Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department notches its ninth consecutive and total week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart (dated June 29). It earned 126,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending June 20 (down 1%), according to Luminate.

Swift adds her 78th career week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, extending her record among soloists. (Elvis Presley has the second-most among soloists, with 67.) The total encompasses her 14 leaders. (She's tied with Jay-Z for the most No. 1s among soloists.)

Also in the top 10 of the new Billboard 200, Don Toliver nets his fourth top 10 effort, and best week by units earned, with the No. 3 debut of Hardstone Psycho; $uicideboy$ score their highest-charting album ever, and best weekly units sum, as New World Depression launches at No. 5; Luke Combs nabs his sixth top 10 with the No. 6 bow of Fathers & Sons; and NAYEON achieves her second top 10 with NA's start at No. 7.

With four debuts in the top 10, the region has the most new entries since a little over a year ago, when six albums debuted in the top 10 on the June 17, 2023-dated list.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new June 29, 2024-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard's website on June 25. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/taylor-swift-tortured-poets-department-ninth-week-number-one-billboard-200-chart-1235715946/

01-Sabrina-Carpenter-press-credit-Bryce-

Sabrina Carpenter's 'Please Please Please' Becomes Her First Billboard Hot 100 No. 1

The song ascends from No. 2 in its second week on the survey.

Sabrina Carpenter's "Please Please Please" rises to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, a week after it debuted at No. 2. It becomes the first leader on the list for the pop singer-songwriter and actress.

The song, on Island Records and promoted to radio by Republic Records, drew 50.9 million official streams (up 1%) – Carpenter's best career streaming week for a song – and 3.2 million radio airplay audience impressions (up 502%) and sold 7,000 (down 10%) in the United States in the June 14-20 tracking week, according to Luminate.

The single spends a second week at No. 1 on the Streaming Songs chart and holds at No. 7 in its second frame on Digital Song Sales. (It's as yet bubbling under the Radio Songs chart.)

"Please Please Please" was released June 7, alongside its official video starring Carpenter's significant other, Oscar-nominated Barry Keoghan, and she performed it during her set at New York's Governors Ball the following day. On June 18, acoustic, a cappella, instrumental, sped-up and slowed-down versions of the song were released. On June 20, Carpenter announced her 29-date Short n' Sweet Tour, set to start Sept. 23 in Columbus, Ohio. (She opened on the South American run of Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour in August-November 2023 and rejoined Swift this February-March for dates in Australia and Singapore.)

The track, along with "Espresso," at No. 4 on the Hot 100 a week after reaching No. 3, introduces Carpenter's album Short n' Sweet, due Aug. 23.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data, the lattermost metric reflecting purchases of physical singles and digital tracks from full-service digital music retailers; digital singles sales from direct-to-consumer (D2C) sites are excluded from chart calculations. All charts (dated June 29, 2024) will update on Billboard.com Tuesday, June 25. For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X, formerly known as Twitter, and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/lists/sabrina-carpenter-please-please-please-number-1-hot-100/

Edited by Renan90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Renan90

• pride4jc1222

• Julia Fox

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

9th week at #1 while others sit outside the top 20 :redface:

She really makes it look so easy

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

But I thought she died!!!!! 

the fumes when she blocks megan & camila next 

Edited by kexin

1 hour ago, kexin said:

the fumes when she blocks megan & camila next 

I already got my fire extinguisher ready (for myself :cries:)

1 hour ago, Renan90 said:

Yeah, she will probably go and try make this the longest running one.

Unless I missed something she has virtually no competition until Sabrina on August 23rd :rip: 

34 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Yeah, she will probably go and try make this the longest running one.

Unless I missed something she has virtually no competition until Sabrina on August 23rd :rip: 

zach bryan is july 4th. last year his first 2 weeks: 200k then 115k

eminem is likely sometime during july

oh, and jimin debuted with 164k last year, also out july

Edited by fridayteenage

Seems likely that she makes it to 11 weeks now. It would take intentional promo like new variants or something to keep it up past that. But she may come back for some more non-consecutive weeks later.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hope she can break her longest streak and make it to 12 weeks :duca:

She pretty much has week 10 and 11 in the bag atp

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is Taylor's incredible consistency fan-driven? I'm curious bc eventhough that could be the case as she has the biggest fanbase in the world, I don't think they alone could push her way past 100k on week 9. Then on the other hand, this album doesn't have any hits and is perhaps under the gp's radar.

Praying for a top 100 Normani debut. The album is fantastic and for that alone she deserves a placement in the double digits at least.

Edited by dumbsparce

(estimated) ten weeks in the top 15 is good for this year. same as friends.

some other big debuts:

texas hold em 10 weeks

yes and 4

lunch 4

hiss 2

Edited by fridayteenage

She has week 10 and 11 guaranteed but after that there will be a series of big and big ish releases 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Is Taylor's incredible consistency fan-driven? I'm curious bc eventhough that could be the case as she has the biggest fanbase in the world, I don't think they alone could push her way past 100k on week 9. Then on the other hand, this album doesn't have any hits and is perhaps under the gp's radar.

This comment is so effin stupid that I could only feel sorry for you 

Has it not occur to you that when an artist is doing 100k from streams alone months after release, then that artist has such a big audience-ship that it couldn't possibly be "fan driven"? That they have so many casual fans that they of course are part of the "general public"? Like did you think anyone who is 15-35 year old female who gets up, go to work or school and BUT  then listened to swift during their lunch breaks, suddenly gets expelled from  public of something? How fkjng stupid are you? 

or do you really think Taylor has like a tiny base of maybe 20k diehard fans that are just looping all her stuff to get it high on the charts? Cud I can tell you Taylor's numbers for midnights alone is 17M unique listeners on Spotify alone. This "fanbase" **** is reserved for artists struggling at 50k or something, not for literally the biggest artist of the decade. 

like when norgsn did 10 weeks of 100k streams, and most of those are southern, are southerners no longer part of the "general public"? Or when bad bunny did 10 weeks of 100k, are Hispanics not members of the public? 

this "quesis serious so mind numbingly stupid that I couldnt wrap my head around that some people can be this stupid. The dead cells living in my fingernail could see this but you're totally stumped by this "question"? 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.