What is your fave's most personal album (in your view)?

Burn

For P!nk it's Missundaztood for obvious reasons, it's so autobiographical

Edited by BrokenMachine

Brat

Renaissance 

Vespertine 

The Velvet Rope 

How to Bump a Butterfly 

Ocean under the Ocean Blvd 

8 hours ago, sexyback007 said:

What's this album called? Cool cover.

Speeding by Allday :heart:

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, pisuke said:

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

American Life

Very accurate for Madonna.

My December for Kelly.

14 hours ago, makeawish said:

idk but i'd just like the pay tribute to the tradition of artists declaring every album they've done "their most personal and intimate work to date" everytime they release something and then declare it to have been hot trash as soon as the next album comes out, which then itself becomes "their most personal and intimate work to date", it's one of my favourite parts of the album cycle

lol okay but if they're singing about or writing about their own lives as they are living it then technically, they're not wrong. Every new album is going to be their most personal to date unless they're doing a concept album. idk about them trashing the previous album though, only one I've seen do that in modern times is Miley lol.

Charli xcx - Brat

Lana Del Rey - Tunnel (I think?) 

Madonna - Ray of Light or American Life

Beyoncé - Lemonade

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

It's TTPD for Taylor especially The Anthology. The Prophecy alone washes all her other personal songs.

Literally all of Taylor's albums are personal to her; even Folklore + Evermore with their escapism and imaginative themes still have very personal storylines and anecdotes woven in some of their songs. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.