Natalia Kills/Teddy Sinclair - Perfectionist album appreciation thread

Josh

Of Gaga's daughters; Natalia was the best

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Natalia Kills dropped two of the best pop albums of the decade / century and it's time we start speaking on it. 

s0uract2.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

This album was so trash apart from the songs that were already out beforehand. Especially that corny stuff toward the end: Broke, Heaven, If I Was God.

I was obsessed with Wonderland and thought she was going to be the next big thing :skull: a shame she and her loser husband had to go and humiliate themselves for absolutely nothing, it'd be interesting to see where she'd be today if that stunt never happened.

I kinda stanned this album back in the day but I tried listening to it this year and it aged terribly for me. Wonderland and Kill My Boyfriend are the only ones that still sounds good

Edited by Mr. Peanutbutter
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

This album was so trash apart from the songs that were already out beforehand. Especially that corny stuff toward the end: Broke, Heaven, If I Was God.

oh wow

3 minutes ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

I kinda stanned this album back in the day but I tried listening to it this year and it aged terribly for me. Wonderland and Kill My Boyfriend are the only ones that still sounds good

Those are so repetitive, how did they age like fine wine to you only? 

5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Kinda tired of pretending like Free wasn't a bop but imo her second album was way better

ngl, will.i.am brought something great to Free, I don't even use the OG one anymore :deadbanana2:

edit: the Perfection intro not included on the US version is criminal tbh

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Trouble was way better but still amazing

@EriKillsget in sis

omg yesss, the way this thread would have 10 pages by now if OP had put Trouble instead of Perfectionist!!! 

spacer.png

I was really rooting for her.  I prefer +30mg & Trouble over Perfectionist though 
:bird:

• Like 1

Just now, EriKills said:

omg yesss, the way this thread would have 10 pages by now if OP had put Trouble instead of Perfectionist!!! 

spacer.png

Trouble is on its own level. Perfectionist is a cute album but Trouble... 

now that's HERstory

s0uract2.gif

• Like 3

If I Was God was, and is, a perfect pop ballad. Brought that beautiful Nelly/Timbaland sound into Natalia's "dark-pop" world.

Perfectionist and Trouble were excellent pop records.

I remember being so pissed she pulled that **** and got the backlash from it on X Factor.

And now looking back on it it makes me mad again lmao.

:deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Perfectionist and Trouble were excellent pop records.

I remember being so pissed she pulled that **** and got the backlash from it on X Factor.

And now looking back on it it makes me mad again lmao.

:deadbanana2:

At least she continued writing

she gave us this amazing ballad for BLACKPINK

7 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

:WAP:

this is the song :jonny: Zombie as well :jonny: but Trouble is her bet record. Her Cruel Youth music is also fantastic, especially the unreleased Devil in Paradise EP

Wonderland kinda went 2×Platinum in my household. Hate that Interscope shaped her as a Gaga daughter cause it never paid off. 

1 minute ago, lillavend3r said:

Wonderland kinda went 2×Platinum in my household. Hate that Interscope shaped her as a Gaga daughter cause it never paid off. 

Wasn't Mirrors sort of like a Dark version of Poker Face?

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Wasn't Mirrors sort of like a Dark version of Poker Face?

It even had Akon co writing her first single for Perfectionist like they were not slick trying to recreate magic

10 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

It even had Akon co writing her first single for Perfectionist like they were not slick trying to recreate magic

They even had her dressed up something straight out of Rihanna's Rated R era

4 minutes ago, fever2288 said:

She was an icon and both albums were amazing. It's so sad she ruined everything

She was never an icon, lets not use this word freely OK?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.