JoJo | Turns 20

naval23

220px-JoJo_%28album%29.png

The debut studio album by JoJo, released when she was 13 years old.

It was a breakthrough success, peaking at #4 in the US selling 95k in its 1st week and going platinum in Canada & US, and going gold in UK and Germany.

3 singles were released from the album: global smash "Leave (Get Out)", top 25 hit "Baby It's You" and "Not That Kinda Girl"

The most streamed album track is "Weak" a cover of SWV's #1 hit in 1993.

In 2018, she released a new version of "JoJo" as the original was not on streaming platforms due to issues with her past label.

• Like 5

I say that's my baby and I'm so proud.

Blackground Records was a shitty label by all means but they really understood her from a creative standpoint. This is an iconic debut album and she did the music that she loved and had access to producers that provided that for her. She got to work with Static (the legend behind Aaliyah's red album) in a lot of tracks (although only City Lights made the cut) and thanks to him her passion for songwriting was born.

She only wrote Keep On Keepin' On, but her vocal delivery throughout all this album is just pure art in itself. A child prodigy if you ask me. An influence for artists like Ariana and Demi (as confessed by them).

You'll always be THAT girl, JoJo.

Edited by ChooseyLover
  • Like 4

Iconic.

I always hated how dirty Blackground did JoJo and it's a shame that her catalog from that era missed out on millions of streams prior to the re-recordings and 2021 releases.

My #1.

I love her so much, what an incredible debut. Excited to see what's coming up for her with new management, the book and new era. 

• Like 1

Good To Know is a masterpiece. She told a story. And a relatable one. With great songwriting, great lyrics, thank you for reminding me of it. :clap3:
From this album i use Baby It's You quite often actually.

Use to be one of my go to's on my IPod :jonny: Forever a Classic. Always wish The Happy Song would be a radio single, it had potential. And of Course Leave Get Out was The Anthem

This album birthed a legend :clap3:

Even if her career peaked in her teens, JoJo will always be *that girl*! 

• Like 1

Not me thinking this was about JoJo Siwa turning 20 :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.