HDD: Gracie Abrams #2 87k, Chappell Roan #6 61k, Taylor #1x10 116k

ALA

15 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Zach Bryan will be releasing a new album during TTPD's 12th week. I don't believe there are any releases that will threaten the top spot this week, but it'll definitely be the last consecutive week at #1 for TTPD. 

Hopefully she returns after Zach's release for one or two more weeks at least. 

Actually, Megan is a threat to dethrone TTPD this week. Her album is #1 on AM.

Edited by pride4jc1222

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• ALA

• NEX

• Headlock

1 hour ago, NEX said:

The asterisk is for strategic shipment of units that were sold many weeks earlier. TTPD didn't stand a chance even with 5 new variants she released that week if she didn't keep a shipment backlog. I'm not hating, I'm just recalling what happened that week 

What does shipments have to do with it being the most streamed album? You also fail to bring up the multiple versions Billie rush released as well during that week. They were both playing the same game, Taylor just happened to win out.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Another Top10 week for Charli :clap3:

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

What does shipments have to do with it being the most streamed album? You also fail to bring up the multiple versions Billie rush released as well during that week. They were both playing the same game, Taylor just happened to win out.

This is not about who was the most streamed. We are talking about BB200 units. If you look at Taylor's numbers a week before and a week after there's a huge bump for that specific week. She chose to ship previously accumulated sales during that particular week for a reason. In a fair fight where they both got the streaming + pure sales units from that one week, Billie would have washed with ease. That's why I say that Billie had the most popular album that week. Taylor edged the #1* by playing a very specific game that had nothing to do with popularity during a specific frame (i.e. what Billboard tries to measure with their charts) but by finding loopholes in order to appear to have the more popular album during that specific frame. Hence the asterisk. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

The charts are so lame now :deadbanana2:Feels like the top 50 is half the same albums that have been there for 2 years and half Greatest Hits/randomly popular 70s/80s albums.

• Like 1

eternal smashine :clap3:lets hope it remains on top 20 - 25 until the deluxe 

7 hours ago, NEX said:

One week with an asterisk. The same way BTW has an asterisk next to its 1m opening week, TTPD will forever have an asterisk on its "uninterrupted" run at #1. The week Billie released TTPD wasn't the most popular album of the week and only got there through chart manipulation tactics. 

ttpd actually had more US streams that week so it was definitely the most popular album that week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jpkun said:

ttpd actually had more US streams that week so it was definitely the most popular album that week.

Exactly, TTPD was #1 on every metric that week, not just pure sales.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Zach Bryan will be releasing a new album during TTPD's 12th week. I don't believe there are any releases that will threaten the top spot this week, but it'll definitely be the last consecutive week at #1 for TTPD. 

Hopefully she returns after Zach's release for one or two more weeks at least. 

We need more variants that week then!! 

• Haha 1

Does Gracie actually have fans or is it all swifties? I don't get it :rip:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Buffy said:

His last album did 200k something (I think?) so she could easily do it if she would put up double disc Anthology CDs set to ship next week. But if they're gonna try with some more acoustic variants that will sell 5k copies each… :clack:

Honestly it would be iconic if she somehow reaches 13 consecutive weeks at #1. But she'll probably just let Zach get it, he is a big Swiftie :mandown:

17 minutes ago, Buffy said:

This week isn't even guaranteed. Taylor may need to release some variants to hold off Megan.

2 hours ago, NEX said:

This is not about who was the most streamed. We are talking about BB200 units. 

Which includes streaming :deadbanana4: Like, in every category TTPD won out, screaming ~variants~ over and over does nothing, especially when her competition did the exact same thing :priceless: Y'all constantly yelp about mass buying when if the charts took away sales, Taylor would still come out on top. Like, just give it a rest :suburban:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Those are impressive figures for Gracie ngl, I am more than surprised. 

Charli's stability inside the Top 10 despite having any hit, what a year for Ms Brat :jonny:

Chappell exploding like that is so exciting to witness

9 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

Does Gracie actually have fans or is it all swifties? I don't get it :rip:

Gracie has a lot of fans and a large portion of them is swifties. She also has the best selling album on the Australian ARIA chart this week, so it's pretty obvious that she will be a force in music in the coming years.

Chappel's album doing this good when the song smashing is not even part of it is actually shocking. 

Gracie needs a hit to keep the momentum. Those are great numbers for her.

Happy for Aaron too! :clap3:

Hope more artists work with him. Such a humble, kind, and talented man. :clap3:

• Like 4

Racist Morgan already above Racist Billie??? :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, Headlock said:

Which includes streaming :deadbanana4: Like, in every category TTPD won out, screaming ~variants~ over and over does nothing, especially when her competition did the exact same thing :priceless: Y'all constantly yelp about mass buying when if the charts took away sales, Taylor would still come out on top. Like, just give it a rest :suburban:

Why are pretending that you can't read. BB200 units includes sales + streams. TTPD won the streams slightly, but lost the sales massively during that week. Billie's album would have accumulated way more units combined if Taylor didn't strategically ship sales from previous weeks. It's not that hard to understand. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Actually, Megan is a threat to dethrone TTPD this week. Her album is #1 on AM.

13 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

This week isn't even guaranteed. Taylor may need to release some variants to hold off Megan.

You're predictions are always SO off :deadbanana4:

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

You're predictions are always SO off :deadbanana4:

Megan's album is going to challenge for #1. Camila's album is frontloaded, and will struggle to even debut Top 10. You can take that to the bank.

I'm not sure why people thought Megan and Camila were anywhere near the same class. Megan's doing ~125k, I'm not sure if Camila's going to do even 40k.

Edited by pride4jc1222
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Megan's album is going to challenge for #1. Camila's album is frontloaded, and will struggle to even debut Top 10. You can take that to the bank.

I'm not sure why people thought Megan and Camila were anywhere near the same class. Megan's doing ~125k, I'm not sure if Camila's going to do even 40k.

Again, you're overestimating streaming units. This account is usually pretty accurate with their streaming predictions. I doubt Megan will sell 70k pure copies to make up the difference 

https://x.com/behzad_hudson/status/1807001642472022238?s=46&t=sooQtdb3ePufe-NklmVzlg 

3 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Again, you're overestimating streaming units. This account is usually pretty accurate with their streaming predictions. I doubt Megan will sell 70k pure copies to make up the difference 

https://x.com/behzad_hudson/status/1807001642472022238?s=46&t=sooQtdb3ePufe-NklmVzlg 

Yeah, and Megan doesn't have vinyl iirc. She has 3 different CD covers but I don't think she's a big CD seller.

On 6/29/2024 at 8:34 AM, NEX said:

Why are pretending that you can't read. BB200 units includes sales + streams. TTPD won the streams slightly, but lost the sales massively during that week. Billie's album would have accumulated way more units combined if Taylor didn't strategically ship sales from previous weeks. It's not that hard to understand. 

It's also not hard to understand basic math. Taylor had bigger streams and sales that week, it truly is that simple. Putting up goalposts of what are "real" sales is ridiculous given Billie put out sped and and reverb versions and discounted her album. Like I said, they both played the same game, Taylor just happened to win out.

No HDD predictions on Megan's album? :gaycat6: