better recent ALT LEGEND collaboration: Girl So Confusing by Lorde VS SnowOTB by Lana

Kayseri Mantisi

?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. better song:

• Girl, So Confusing by Lorde & Charli XCX
    • Snow On The Beach by Taylor Swift & Lana Del Rey
  2. 2. better lyrics:

• Snow On The Beach by Taylor Swift & Lana Del Rey
  3. 3. better remixed track:

• Snow On The Beach (More Lana Del Rey Edition)

The way Lorde is the only person in this thread that makes alternative music

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, perpetual novice said:

The way Lorde is the only person in this thread that makes alternative music

is the alt music in the room with us right now? she doesn't, yall have a very loose definition of alt, she's a full popstar, like Taylor basically 

Girl is cute and Lorde definitely elevated it, but it´s still just an okay song, next to the transcendental experience that is Snow :foxaylove2:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

is the alt music in the room with us right now? she doesn't, yall have a very loose definition of alt, she's a full popstar, like Taylor basically 

A full popstar releases things every year and uses all the social media possible with chasing the trends.

Lorde releases every 4 years, uses ZERO social media with only posting one Instagram story every few months, doesn't promote anything, and instead of chasing the trends she creates them.

They're nothing alike.

One of them put the spotlight on the featured girl, felt organic and like a moment of female empowerment in music.

The other one demoted the featured girl to a background vocalist and started a humiliation ritual that culminated at the Grammys.

kayseriiiii.thumb.gif.c26faf7f32b399bed3

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

A full popstar releases things every year and uses all the social media possible with chasing the trends.

Lorde releases every 4 years, uses ZERO social media with only posting one Instagram story every few months, doesn't promote anything, and instead of chasing the trends she creates them.

They're nothing alike.

i am talking about the MUSIC, and Lorde makes pop music, since the very beginning, do not try to box her with actual ALT legends like Lana, Florence, Björk, etc 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

They're nothing alike.

As far as this decade goes, evermore is better than Solar Power and it's not a commercial album, too :clap3: Let me stream 'tis the damn season real quick because this is what Lorde thought she was doing on Oceanic Boredom

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, shyboi said:

i am talking about the MUSIC, and Lorde makes pop music, since the very beginning, do not try to box her with actual ALT legends like Lana, Florence, Björk, etc 

do not try to put Lana together with Florence or Björk ever again. They're not the same level of alt right now. Lana definitely started as an alt artist and no one's denying that, but she is far away from it now.

After Norman ******* Rockwell, she released:

- Chemtrails Over The Country Club

- Blue Banisters

- Did you Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard 

And NONE of these were unique and they invented nothing - both for the industry and both for Lana's career itself. She's allergic to switching up or trying new things, or doing something unique. Literally any song from these 4 albums can get exchanged within itself, without sounding out of place. The same thing can never be said for Lorde's music, she always reinvents and upgrades herself. I understand that even a remix is making y'all fume this much, but this is just the start & let's just have this "who's more alt and who's more inventive" conversation again when the L4 is out, will make even more sense then :laugh:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

59 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Lana in the same sentence with Flo and Bjork? 

The only common thing Lana and Florence in particular have recently, was that iconic photo with Marina and Twigs 10000 years ago, which btw were the OG Tortured Poets.

Bjork is on another level, apart from anything we discuss in this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

She's not - actually Lana is also a MPG now and she's not doing alt girl things but that's a discussion from an another day :fan:

You are so pressed by Lana's success. Seethe :alexz3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

They gotta hold for dear life to their nonsense so they can deal with Lorde's trip into oblivion. :suburban:

"the girl, so confusing version with lorde" >>>>>>

I do like "Snow On The Beach" tho

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

Lana in the same sentence as Björk LMAO

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shyboi said:

Everything Lana does clears Lorde and with ease, but this is an exemption, mostly thanks to Miss XCX, i fear 

Me when I lie:

• Like 1

Girl by a landslide. Idk why it's hard for Swifties to grasp why these comparisons are running rampant. It's not personal or a hate train. Taylor happens to be the most popular artist on earth rn & her output, while mostly being very good (& SOTB is an excellent song), doesn't warrant the astronomical amount of hoopla around it. Charli, on the other hand, is making the most interesting pop music rn, period. Ya, wbk the industry isn't a meritocracy, ppl don't get ahead off of talent or the quality of their output. But we can let the record show: ppl who care about more than stats & popularity know who is #1 in the game rn & it is Charli, no debate. + the More Lana version rly ****** up the instrumental for no reason other than trying to be different for different's sake IMO

• Thanks 1

Poppers > cocaine

Coke by the beach honestly :thing: 

3 hours ago, shyboi said:

bjork sweetie...

• Haha 1

the one that felt natural and organic, not the artificial forced one

so G,SC

by far

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.