Spotify Day 2: The girl, so confusing version with Lorde #88 (-41)

KatyPrismSpirit

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Girl, you guys were literally celebrating the songs debut position yesterday :deadbanana4:

Because the song debuted on the charts badgalbriel, which was surprising by itself :rip: if charts are that important Lorde gave Charli her biggest debut/numbers yet and fans should celebrate that

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Badgalbriel

• KatyPrismSpirit

• 80x100

Lorde turns everything into a flop on day 2, good thing Charli is much more popular than her and it won't affect the album's performance :heart:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

DANCE ELECTRONIC EMERGENCY

Lorde is from the Southern Hemisphere so she's actually risen of 41 spots :clap3:

Edited by Riot
  • Haha 10

Eeh i doubt stans thinking this would be a genuine hit, even the Charli's Angels were genuinely shocked that the song debut that high on the charts nn

Just now, VeniceBeach said:

Lorde turns everything into a flop on day 2, good thing Charli is much more popular than her and it won't affect the album's performance :heart:

No one asked you to give your trashy hateful dumb comparing opinions about Lorde, Lanass stan. Lorde is like Charli's mother and it's absolutely amazing that she was even able to get a feature from her which is extremely rare. Charli XCX is NOT more popular than Lorde & L4 will show that too. Royals/Team/Ribs/Green Light etc are trans generational worldwide hits beloved by people of all types & GP. But still, stop pitting two successful alt legends against each other - the song is literally about that, listen to it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

12 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Because the song debuted on the charts badgalbriel, which was surprising by itself :rip: if charts are that important Lorde gave Charli her biggest debut/numbers yet and fans should celebrate that

But then suddenly, you dont care? 

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Charli XCX is NOT more popular than Lorde & L4 will show that too.

So what you're saying is that L4 will debut with over 80 million streams in its debut week on Spotify and sell over 77k in the US? Bookmarked :clap3:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

46 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Maybe Charli needs to drop 34 versions to keep the song afloat, like a chart obsessed freak I'm currently thinking

52-DF2-EAC-5665-41-FB-B3-DD-FCF317-FBDEF

Ariana, you'll always be famous :clap3:

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

But then suddenly, you dont care? 

Yes badgal, when it does good we celebrate. Then we stop caring, it's literally that easy to understand :heart:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, newaespa said:

oh no, don't do the environmental queen with SLOW AND REVERB + SPED UP versions like that :weeps:

One month later AND STILL PRESSED  :ahh:

15 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Yes badgal, when it does good we celebrate. Then we stop caring, it's literally that easy to understand :heart:

So when it does good you celebrate that it's because of Lorde. Then the moment it drops like a rock, you just don't care anymore. Got it

• Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

One month later AND STILL PRESSED  :ahh:

You mean Gaia right?! IKR!? Pressed just because his fave got blocked from #1 :ahh:

Thanks to the mod merging the threads and changing the title it slipped my mind :heart2:

9 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

So when it does good you celebrate that it's because of Lorde. Then the moment it drops like a rock, you just don't care anymore. Got it

Yes, I know that it's a really hard concept for a Swiftie to understand but exactly. We care for the charts if it's good, and then we move on with our days and continue listening to our fav's ART without obsessing over what it's doing on the charts.

tBbEPyF.jpeg

rlCbUuo.jpeg

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Yes, I know that it's a really hard concept for a Swiftie to understand but exactly. We care for the charts if it's good, and then we move on with our days and continue listening to our fav's ART without obsessing over what it's doing on the charts.

tBbEPyF.jpeg

rlCbUuo.jpeg

I totally get it. It's just very funny how yesterday it was all because of Lorde but somehow it doesn't matter today 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Bringing Swifties into this was the only mistake of the era. Insufferable and so numbers obsessed :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Daddy said:

Bringing Swifties into this was the only mistake of the era. Insufferable and so numbers obsessed :deadbanana2:

And why exaxtly did you guys do it then? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

And why exaxtly did you guys do it then? 

I didn't do anything, sis. Your fave just can't be normal about anything and the public reacted to her sneaky ways. 

And here you are, being annoying and loud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

So people can't celebrate the debut of a song just because it could fall the next day?  :deadbanana4:

I don't think anyone was expecting this remix to become a big hit with longevity. It would have been a nice surprise.

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I didn't do anything, sis. Your fave just can't be normal about anything and the public reacted to her sneaky ways. 

And here you are, being annoying and loud. 

Her involvement in it happened before any variants discussion ever existed that week. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

No one asked you to give your trashy hateful dumb comparing opinions about Lorde, Lanass stan. Lorde is like Charli's mother and it's absolutely amazing that she was even able to get a feature from her which is extremely rare. Charli XCX is NOT more popular than Lorde & L4 will show that too. Royals/Team/Ribs/Green Light etc are trans generational worldwide hits beloved by people of all types & GP. But still, stop pitting two successful alt legends against each other - the song is literally about that, listen to it.

Where is this energy where you talk **** about Taylor constantly  :coffee2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Funny that that user thinks that every thinkpiece they see on Twitter is worth posting here..... And now he's here talking about hateful comments...

9 minutes ago, Clauss said:

I literally never mention Taylor negatively ever in this website until recently :rip: and it's because her chart obsessed stans trying to come for my fave randomly (about the charts :rip:), and even at that i'm trying to explain in the best way possible that we don't care about charts like that. I'm not like **** TAYLOR SWIFT **** SWIFTIES, no, never that. This is not talking ****, just don't expect me to be positive if the other side is coming for us first and it's about an irrelevant topic such as the charts....

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Funny that that user thinks that every thinkpiece they see on Twitter is worth posting here..... And now he's here talking about hateful comments...

What does this even mean? My fav literally releases EVERY 4 YEARS do you realize the excitement this brings to us????? Y'all are used to WEEKLY releases, these things are mega rare for us and i'm allowed to share EVERY big thing I see on the internet, it doesn't always happen. You can't decide what i'll share or not. Even at that, they weren't even hateful comments, I know which tweet you're fuming about (viral tweets about simple but impactful songwriting) but even those tweet weren't mentioning Taylor Swift directly. Please focus on her upcoming Taylor's Version or something instead of what an artist you don't care about doing on the charts.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I literally never mention Taylor negatively ever in this website until recently :rip: and it's because her chart obsessed stans trying to come for my fave randomly (about the charts :rip:), and even at that i'm trying to explain in the best way possible that we don't care about charts like that. I'm not like **** TAYLOR SWIFT **** SWIFTIES, no, never that. This is not talking ****, just don't expect me to be positive if the other side is coming for us first and it's about an irrelevant topic such as the charts....

What does this even mean? My fav literally releases EVERY 4 YEARS do you realize the excitement this brings to us????? Y'all are used to WEEKLY releases, these things are mega rare for us and i'm allowed to share EVERY big thing I see on the internet, it doesn't always happen. You can't decide what i'll share or not. Even at that, they weren't even hateful comments, I know which tweet you're fuming about (viral tweets about simple but impactful songwriting) but even those tweet weren't mentioning Taylor Swift directly. Please focus on her upcoming Taylor's Version or something instead of what an artist you don't care about doing on the charts.

So you're allowed to post hateful comments and no one else is. Got it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.