Raye's Polydor album "Dark Dance Songs" leaks in full

glitch

24 minutes ago, Edgy said:

what?

That's what she said when she previewed the song during her iconic instagram live before she left the label

@BlackoutZone, do you know the 3 draft tracklists that were scrapped before the release of m21cb?

• Like 3

Born Again, California Dreamin, Fantastic, C'est La Vie all among her best songs ever and deserved an official release tbh. I just know she's sitting on multiple pop perfection gems we'll never get to hear lol :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

:deadbanana2:this is like the "dark bops" liddo have been craving

On 6/21/2024 at 6:15 PM, YoungDreamer said:

So now we have Scorpio and Dark Dance Songs :jonny5:

What's Scorpio?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iammadmat said:

What's Scorpio?

An album she recorded around Decline days and that was also scrapped by her former label

don't annihilate me, I know it ain't perfect but I made an album cover in the vein of Euphoric Sad Songs using the artwork the tracks had as a base. kind of a continuation to ESS, like a part 2.

Dark-Dance-Songs.jpg

• Like 3

also made this one for Scorpio for fun since the tracks were coverless:bird:

scorpio.jpg

• Like 3

So many bops :jonny5:

• Like 1

I still think she should release Fantastic idc

• Like 3

12 hours ago, YoungDreamer said:

An album she recorded around Decline days and that was also scrapped by her former label

thanks! i didn't know this, was it a fully realized album or just unfinished demos?? 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I still think she should release Fantastic idc

I kinda doubt we'll get a solo single in that dance vein again for a while tbh. Genesis feels like she's doubling down on the M21CB sound if anything. Could see her trying to pitch Fantastic to other artists.

4 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

I kinda doubt we'll get a solo single in that dance vein again for a while tbh. Genesis feels like she's doubling down on the M21CB sound if anything. Could see her trying to pitch Fantastic to other artists.

There might be a couple dance moments a la Black Mascara on R2 though, who knows. 

• Like 1

Just now, SpaceOddity said:

There might be a couple dance moments a la Black Mascara on R2 though, who knows. 

True, but I wonder if the success of Escapism and the album as a whole doing well critically and commercially might have her pivot even further away from chasing radio/streaming hits? 

5 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

yeah from my understandings she's actually pitching most of these shelved album tracks to other artists which is unfortunate for an early fan like me but what can you do. That being said, Raye will always and forever be a top-line goddess and it's like actually incredible how talented she is at crafting a catchy melodic EDM/pop tune. I hope she finds herself back to the genre in her own terms in the future. :heart2:

Also would not mind her going back into R&B as another **** you to the industry who said it wasn't profitable and that she needed to make the switch to Dance tracks anyway lol.

• Like 1

Just now, nooniebao said:

True, but I wonder if the success of Escapism and the album as a whole doing well critically and commercially might have her pivot even further away from chasing radio/streaming hits? 

Oh, we're never getting another DJ-lite electro record for sure but I feel like she likes herself a salad of genres when it comes to her project so there'll always be little dance jams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

yeah from my understandings she's actually pitching most of these shelved album tracks to other artists which is unfortunate for an early fan like me but what can you do. That being said, Raye will always and forever be a top-line goddess and it's like actually incredible how talented she is at crafting a catchy melodic EDM/pop tune. I hope she finds herself back to the genre in her own terms in the future. :heart2:

Also would not mind her going back into R&B as another **** you to the industry who said it wasn't profitable and that she needed to make the switch to Dance tracks anyway lol.

Better pitched and released by others than forever shelved away in a hard drive. Rita did alright with Receive. 

Polydor is so stupid for how they treated her… wonder what they think of the success she's found without them..

2 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Better pitched and released by others than forever shelved away in a hard drive. Rita did alright with Receive. 

hmm that's being generous ff but yeah I sorta agree, although I will say I doubt some of these pitch artists will do the songs justice compared to if RAYE just tossed some of them on streaming as like a mixtape or something. Like I don't really see anyone nailing the bridge of Born Again or singing the hook of C'est La Vie besides Raye for example, she just has that attitude idk. :laugh:

hopefully her next record would be rnb if not dance or pop, the jazzy/buss it down/mary jane/worth it/oscar winning tears type of stuff doesn't really spark my interest but I'm hoping for the best since her released/unreleased track record has been pretty awesome 

58 minutes ago, iammadmat said:

thanks! i didn't know this, was it a fully realized album or just unfinished demos?? 

Full record it had even a tracklist order but some songs weren't finished/mastered

I added the Side Tape EP since it's from that time and everything points that the EP was taken from the album tracklist:

1. Fuckin' Honest
  2. Scorpio
  3. Notice Me
  4. Crew (feat. Kojo Funds & RAY BLK)
  5. Hurt You Back
  6. Decline (feat. Mr Eazi)
  7. Bad Boy Riddim
  8. Enough About Me
  9. Msg To The Man
  10. Confidence (feat. Maleek Berry & Nana Rogues)
  11. Slower (feat. Avelino)
  12. My Disco
  13. Undercover
  14. Cigarette
  15. Ironic
  16. Wife Me (feat. Steel Banglez)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YoungDreamer said:

Full record it had even a tracklist order but some songs weren't finished/mastered

I added the Side Tape EP since it's from that time and everything points that the EP was taken from the album tracklist:

1. Fuckin' Honest
  2. Scorpio
  3. Notice Me
  4. Crew (feat. Kojo Funds & RAY BLK)
  5. Hurt You Back
  6. Decline (feat. Mr Eazi)
  7. Bad Boy Riddim
  8. Enough About Me
  9. Msg To The Man
  10. Confidence (feat. Maleek Berry & Nana Rogues)
  11. Slower (feat. Avelino)
  12. My Disco
  13. Undercover
  14. Cigarette
  15. Ironic
  16. Wife Me (feat. Steel Banglez)

Thanks again! i've never heard of it, i will see if i can find some of the songs on the internet. 

WOOOOW! WHAT A MASTERPIECE! Polydor LOST when they didn't allowed her to release this

• Like 1

Wow. It's amazing. I miss this Raye

• Like 1

Does anyone have info which year these were created?

Getting Down (3:46)

Getting Over You (2:20)

Hallelujah (1:22)

I Wish (2:59)

Lonely (3:23) (lyrics start with "hello honey, are you sleeping cause I've been having such a hard time..")

Never Giving It Up (2:28)

Rooting 4 U (2:20)

Tom Tom (1:38)

Waiting For You (3:04)

Who's Gonna Stop Me (3:04)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.