Pitchfork names "Girl so confusing Remix" Best New Track

KatyPrismSpirit

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/charli-xcx-the-girl-so-confusing-version-with-lorde/

It's a meeting of the minds, two great pop stars being vulnerable and self-aware while making a watershed moment in pop in the process.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Deserved.

Finally P4k made a good choice :clack:

• Like 2

the first since von dutch :clap3:

also love how p4k talks about taylor even in a charli-lorde collab, music industry for a reason :heart:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

5 minutes ago, aotearoa said:

also love how p4k talks about taylor even in a charli-lorde collab, music industry for a reason :heart:

Where did they?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, aotearoa said:

we found lea michele atrl account :jonny6:

you forgot to quote me silly :rip: I was genuinely asking bc I didn't see her name anywhere in there. If you're referencing them saying "Dear John," that's a phrase from wayyyyy back when. When spouses of military men wanted to break up they'd send their man a letter breaking it off cuz they couldn't email or call or anything obv cuz they weren't invented. This is what the term "Dear John" refers to and was referring to in the article. I thought I missed something lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bielneira said:

???

i think they're talking about the author saying "Dear John" and thought they were referencing a song from an artist. idk if they know it's a phrase

• Haha 1

She expertly taps into the meter of the verse—the short-short-long-long-short-long-long cadence, kind of like Nicki Minaj in "Come on a Cone"—to offer a note about her insecurities to ease Charli's own.

This quote is crazy ashiasioajdoishdiosh

They spilled in this review though :clap3:

• Like 1

The gays are back, critical acclaim is back... everyone is ready for L4 :WAP:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

i think they're talking about the author saying "Dear John" and thought they were referencing a song from an artist. idk if they know it's a phrase

Oh... now that I'm re-reading it, it lowkey sounded like a shade towards Taylor because it talks about "songwriters who write about exes and frenemies", then they mention "Dear John" as an expression, but to exemplify how those songs could be harmful if this person you're writing about doesn't have "space to respond".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Lordes third best new track and Charli's 9th 

Oh the utter slayage. Amazing that this is the first since Von dutch. Cult classic indeed.

1 hour ago, aotearoa said:

They also mention Nicki, the music industries :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.