Artists who aimed for the wrong market?

Virgos Groove

1 hour ago, glitch said:

Zara Larsson's label focusing on the US when she only had one hit there. Ruin My Life was a hit in Europe and Don't Worry Bout Me was showing signs of taking off in the UK and her label did nothing with it. Ruin My Life's performance should've been enough to greenlight her album, but they kept throwing things at the wall seemingly because she wasn't making noise in the US.

I wish Dua would abandon the US too

💯 I really dont know what happen with her label and team. She have so much potencial to be bigger un Euripe and Australiasia.

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

Camila Cabello has always pandered the wrong market. She isn't that appealing to the Latino community and she's not appealing the PC Music poppers and Miami ghetto gays she's trying to catch on her new record. 

Havana was the only thing that clicked for her, she should've just rode that lane as long as she could. But I don't blame her for wanting to take risks.

1 hour ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Shakira should stop those Pique songs now because her Spanish audience is not here for it anymore

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this chapter has been closed with the latest album and that whatever she does next will take a new direction thematically. She said everything she needed to say with regards to Pique.

53 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Havana was the only thing that clicked for her, she should've just rode that lane as long as she could. But I don't blame her for wanting to take risks.

I think she should have went with just bops with some Latin infused influences but not too on the nose because that doesn't seem to be very receptive outside of LatAm and LatAm people hardly consume English music. Havana and My Oh My seems like the lane people want from her, Caribbean infused catchy bops, but Don't Go Yet and Bam Bam were too latin infused to the GP and the later did good just because Ed Sheeran. Also she tried too hard with a lot of ballads and all the time the GP said NO. So she should have known better.

now that I think she should have milked the pop bops with some Latin elements and then go with a Miami infused album similar to what she's aiming now but not that Charli XCX'd, would have done so much more sense and would have been a way more natural evolution from her without losing identity and stealing the artistic vision from some other artists. But well, with all that I have said it seems she doesn't even know who to pander so she lacks an identity and that will never take you that far 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.