Taylorde friendship over bc of Lorde's mental health?

80x100

• ATRL Moderator

Lorde mentioned during the Solar Power era that Taylor was actually one of the genuinely cool people she met in the industry. They also seem to still text and have a fairly positive relationship—with Lorde sharing this text exchange on her IG story.

lorde-screenshot.jpg

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lorde-shares-taylor-swift-text-to-celebrate-melodrama-anniversary-3457226

10 hours ago, Wonderland said:

I really don't see how you get Taylor from that :rip: 

Oh god i guess i couldnt explain myself. I meant taylorde friendship was on everywhere back in 2014 till 2016 but then ella's friendships didnt last long with mainstream singers it seems. My opinion was this is because of her mental health. 

I didnt meant she wrote these lyrics for taylor 😭

Your faves just released brand new music and you're spending your time talking about Taylor? Damn, no wonder y'all stan flops and fads :ahh:

1) Y'all complain about Swifties making too many threads, but then open threads like these.  

2) Some of you need to stop caring as much about the lives of these celebrities.  

3) Isn't it kind of insulting to Lorde to say that the only possible person she could ever be talking about is a person on the literal other end of the globe? 

On 6/21/2024 at 2:09 PM, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

Didn't Taylor push her down stairs because Melodrama shits all over her discography? :thing:

Okay this is funny. :lmao:

On 6/21/2024 at 4:46 PM, 80x100 said:

Taylor said Melodrama was AOTY during secret rep listening party

I'm sure that was fan fiction, she supported Ed Sheeran during that grammy season.

On 6/21/2024 at 5:13 PM, FolkLover1989 said:

Lorde literally stays at Taylor NY house when she is there sometimes 

You all say anything 

This is why don't take lyrics literally 

Where is there? - I guess you mean when she is in New York.

When does she stay at Taylor's NY house?

On 6/21/2024 at 7:08 PM, cat1867 said:

Lorde has barely spent any time in the United States for the last 8 or so years.

I'm pretty sure Lorde has an apartment in West Village and post pandemic she seems to spend quite a lot of time in NYC when she is not touring, except she goes back to New Zealand when it's summer there. There have been a few recent sightings of her in Washington Square Park and those recent photos of her meeting Dua Lipa for dinner are from the same area.

On 6/21/2024 at 6:09 PM, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

Didn't Taylor push her down stairs because Melodrama shits all over her discography? :thing:

:deadbanana2:

The Melodrama release does seem to coincide with the time that all public interaction appeared to stop, although Taylor was keeping a low profile at that time. Given how obsessed Taylor is with winning at everything, it must have been a bit of a shock to see the contrast in album quality and acclaim from working with the same producer.

But Lorde did put a reputation song on her Spotify playlist, which was later in the same year, so that does suggest they might have still been on good terms.

Probably not a good idea to read too much that song lyric, especially not relating it to anything from more than 6 years ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.