Tate McRae: Is it over?

TalkThatRihanna

She was really onto something with Greedy and giving constant performances with heavy choreo.

She then released Exes with a slay video, but the song underperformed.

However she just let the Era die with the album release and released no singles since November 2023. It feels like she killed the momentum she had

Definitely not. She's barely 21. She's been posting studio pics. I bet she's either working on a deluxe or an entire new album of uptempo 

• Like 5

I mean.. what other choices did she have on the album when nothing else sounded like the two hits, both in sound and quality

better to leave the GP with exes and greedy still on their mind and plan a comeback late this year/early next year

• Like 1

She is on tour and in the studio. It also seems to be selling well because I can't find an affordable ticket and many cities are just resale. 

There isn't really anywhere else for her to perform (VMAs maybe) and until she releases a new song, there isn't much sense for promoting. The tour is sold and it's pretty crowded when it comes to new female pop releases. 

She had a one way ticket out of the Khia aslyum and squandered it

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I mean.. what other choices did she have on the album when nothing else sounded like the two hits, both in sound and quality

better to leave the GP with exes and greedy still on their mind and plan a comeback late this year/early next year

Run For the Hills has 120M Streams on Spotify and is still in the Top 200 on US AM Pop with no push 

Edited by TalkThatRihanna
  • Like 1

Isn't she on a world tour right now still?

We'll probably get new music from her end of the year/top of next year.

Same with Olivia, some point in the middle of 2025 :celestial5:

Nope.... That girl can bring the whole 2000's , late 90's aesthetic back. But it is up to HER. All she needs now is Max Martin and some other big producers and she's set. 

She just needs to start ditching the mic too. Because she's one hell of a performer. 

No. Her next era will be Guts-level big. 

• Haha 1

She can still become a MPG but no long breaks because then she'll kill all the hype she has left. 

Tate will be fine as long as she keeps releasing high quality hits and continues to show her dancing skill in her performances.

She may not have had a Sabrina level breakout era, but she has built a decent fanbase and GP support. There's still HUGE potential for her to grow and smash more in the future.

She's 21 years old, has been touring WW now, and her last single was exes 8 months ago.

Is it over? 

Edited by halcyonday

11 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

run for the hills has more streams on spotify than your fave's Illusion despite not being a single

KbnEIgh.thumb.gif.c586d1ce1f54d68c4d23b7

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

run for the hills has more streams on spotify than your fave's Illusion despite not being a single

KbnEIgh.thumb.gif.c586d1ce1f54d68c4d23b7

Okay? Lol

• Like 5

It never started. She had her quick 5 mins (15 mins in social media age).

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Run For the Hills has 120M Streams on Spotify and is still in the Top 200 on US AM Pop with no push 

I mean I guess she could've pushed that but I'd think she is far better off leaving the GP with exes and greedy doing well and then moving onto a new era as quickly as possible that better capitalizes off the hype/sound of greedy and exes

I think she'll get a hit or two with the next era and probably a collab hit too

8 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I mean I guess she could've pushed that but I'd think she is far better off leaving the GP with exes and greedy doing well and then moving onto a new era as quickly as possible that better capitalizes off the hype/sound of greedy and exes

She would have released RFT anyway, just shot a MV with an A-list actor being her love interest (Jacob Elordi or someone similar) send it on radio and maybe pushing it on streaming with no performances anyway to keep her name afloat while she's prepping her new era after it died. It wasn't that much on an inversion and her/her team had nothing to lose so I don't know why they didn't go for that option. It could have been another top 20 single from her WW and it's always a good thing for people that are starting to have mainstream success)

Edited by Julia Fox

No. She just needs to be true to herself and keep building a decent fanbase. She's talented, young, and attractive. It's way too early to count her out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She'll be fine. If RCA is stupid enough to not release more singles from Think Later then I'm sure she's cooking something new with Ryan Tedder and Amy Allen

• Like 3

Kinda funny that ATRL was calling her the second coming after one single :rip: y'all never learn. 

greedy is still in the top 50 on Global Spotify, greedy over a billion streams and it's been out like 9 months, think later crossed 2B streams, exes over 300 million streams, an album track over over 100 million without promo, she has a sold out world tour, what else do you need? she's working on new music, imo the end of summer/sept we will get a new single too.

• Thanks 1

She's fine she sold out Madison square garden at 20. I'm sure her new album is coming most likely early next year. A think later deluxe is not a good move at this point and she should just build hype to her next lead single.

justice for run for the hills though

• Like 1

No she just needs Ryan Tedder and max martin 

• ATRL Moderator

I can easily see her pulling off a massive lead single from her next album. Fingers crossed!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.