Beyoncé talks Cowboy Carter; not motivated by charts/sales

rosesbloom

I love and am grateful for the album, but I do wish she would have actively promoted it with music videos and performances. For as great of a moment as it was for her, from an artistic and cultural standpoint, I do wish this album era would have been more than it was—especially for what it stands for and represents.

At this point, it's probably my favorite album from her.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• Jay07

• BGKC

• elincomprendid

Eh, maybe CC, but Rennie was def. an attempt at charts. The lyrics on that album were pulled straight from the pages of TikTok. :ahh:

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Can she be motivated by her fans? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Formation was self-sabotage in my opinion. The video was not listed and it could've had an impact because the message was strong.

Agree, formation imo is one of her best songs and music video, should've been a #1 hit 

Edited by James_Joint

On 6/22/2024 at 12:16 AM, Bobyonce said:

So Madonna, Mariah, Janet and other legends should kill themselves cos they too don't have AOTY? 

You're literally serving this:

twitter_is_the_only_place_where.jpg

Each of these women are their own person you know. Just bc Bey is desperate for the academy's recognition (eventhough she has more grammys than she has hits) and shatters every time she loses AOTY doesn't mean it's the same case for everyone else. Wtf is this logic? Even her husband threw a completely out of place tantrum about it.

• Thumbs Down 1

I understand completely 

Her label though could push a few singles to radio stations to keep the era going 

I cant believe they have songs like Bodyguard and Levi's Jeans and theyre doing nothing 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, NoAngelus said:

A lot of money still went into Superbowl promo, playlists and radio payola so it's not true that she doesn't care. Just because she's not performing on Jimmy Fallon or daytime shows doesn't mean that she's not doing promo or chase success. She had all press payolad into gaslighting people that she released the best album of all time. 

yeah shes trying to use the audience's ignorance of how the industry works to seem holier than thou 

• Like 2

Some people here are legit weirdos. She makes money off other ventures and touring and it's also married to a billionaire. She doesn't care about charts because her money is clearly elsewhere, so she can drop these vanity projects (that I love by the way) and still go at least platinum with them (which is hard in this current market, much less for an artist more than 30 years in the scene). It's clear she's going to do whatever she wants because she's not taking any loss. She shelved a whole visual film for Renaissance… she's fine believe me.

I know fans like myself want the old bey that hustled with promo and videos, but we would do the same if we were to reach the same level she did. She's not that girl anymore, so she does whatever the **** she wants and the concerts are still selling out

• Like 4

19 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

You're literally serving this:

twitter_is_the_only_place_where.jpg

Each of these women are their own person you know. Just bc Bey is desperate for the academy's recognition (eventhough she has more grammys than she has hits) and shatters every time she loses AOTY doesn't mean it's the same case for everyone else. Wtf is this logic? Even her husband threw a completely out of place tantrum about it.

Something a dupe would say

Mtcheeeew 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:24 AM, Rotunda said:

I think she cares a lot about the financials of her music, but not necessarily the chart success piece. She wants an ROI for the stuff she does. 

Chart success can be synonymous with financial success, but it often isn't.

Which why the visuals will be coming late iktr

1 hour ago, Bobyonce said:

Something a dupe would say

Mtcheeeew 

I'm no one's dupe but whatever helps you sleep at night

On 6/21/2024 at 8:35 PM, James_Joint said:

But is it self sabotage or is it always having a reason to fall back on if it's not commercially successful? 

"Impacts" impact, I fear. 

If you need excuses for flopping that means you care about flopping. So why would you do stuff to almost ensure you flop?

As has been pointed out, Formation was performed at the Super Bowl and had a viral video. There also was little competition at the time of its release. If she wanted a hit, she could have gotten it easily, but she thwarted that willingly. Why would she do that? There was an instant positive reaction to the song, video and performance. She could have put it up for sale, took the video unlisted, and sent it to radio. She did none of that.

It's possible that not promoting allows her to have an asterisk for anything that flops, but it would also mean she doesn't care about the charts/sale because if you did you would promote, release on time, release wisely, etc. At the most it's a nice extra benefit to not promoting. It can hardly be seen as the reason for why she doesn't promote, especially considering only stans would discuss such things. In the pop history books they're not going to make excuses for why she was rarely there in the mid/late 2010s. She just simply won't be seen as one of the biggest hitmakers of those years.

Edited by swissman

It was obviously an AOTY award bait. She started the era only few weeks after Jay Z speech.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.