Beyoncé talks Cowboy Carter; not motivated by charts/sales

rosesbloom

4 hours ago, Bookmark99 said:

I think this interview is part of her campaign for AOTY

I honestly don't see it for CC unless she really ramps it up in the coming months. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• Jay07

• BGKC

• elincomprendid

A trailblazing, groundbreaking icon opening doors for others acts instead of holding them down :clap3:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, byzantium said:

I would believe her if she wasn't the same person who performed in Dubai for a paycheck or launched the era with a Super Bowl add.  

She clearly cares about sales enough so that she can keep racking up paychecks.  

What does caring about charts have to do with getting money from a hotel in Dubai and Verizon precious? They paid her for that ad, not the other way around.

• Like 5

Some of you guys must personally know her to say that she cares about charts. This woman has been self sabotaging herself since Lemonade era. Formation could've been an easy #1 if she wanted but we know what happened there.:fan:

Also an artist writing her own songs is so overrated here. I'd rather have an album like CC than a boring, bland and mediocre album like TTPD. 

• Like 6

Ofc she does care a little, maybe not about chart positions and longevity but sales for sure. She opened the era using Super Bowl. Didnt she also appear on that super random C list award show (iheart radio?)

Makes me sad because CC is an amazing album, she really could have shifted everything if she did a few performances or released some singles with videos. But nope, she just wants money. Remember rumors that she asked too much for Renny visuals and nobody was willing to pay that amaunt plus her tour movie is nowhere to be found on streaming, who knows why

• Like 1

Of course now it's about art and not the charts,

but we all know the only reason she didn't promote CC is because of P Diddy :chick1:

I hate her marriage with Jay Z.

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean no one wants her to be an insatiable monster moved only by chart achievements and commercial success like some other pop girl but PLEASE Queen enough is enough entertain us show your face :weeps: 

Edited by Shinning

7 hours ago, BGKC said:

You'd be fooling yourself to think CC's streaming numbers would remain stagnant if she released a new single/video tmr and followed up with a performance at the VMAs later this summer. Out of all the competition in 2024, something Off CC would totally outshine & outrate anything those other girls perform. I think yall just forget what a tangible Beyonce era is capable of. Like how tf do you think she got this far to begin with? 

I see you didn't read what I said. I said people are still able to stream even without a MV released.

Look at even Renaissance having like double of Cowboy Carter streams on the same timeframe. Same rollout, much floppier lead and really smaller lead. Even with all that Cowboy Carter numbers are not even close a few weeks later, why? Because the GP doesn't care… 

Personally I don't believe she 100% doesn't care about charts. I'm sure she at least wants a number-one album when she releases, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But I would believe she doesn't care about the long-term performance or the final sales number. 

8 hours ago, BGKC said:

OK :priceless: I do genuinely believe that the charts don't motivate her. However, it's not as though these new and up-and-coming black country artist are getting any sort of visual representation. A simple performance with Shaboozey, Tanner Adell and/or Brittany Spencer would really be something special and amazing for their careers, if that's something that truly motivates Bey. Be it Backyard sessions or tiny desk. Not that she owes them that, but for the sake of giving the era a sign of life. Push more singles for Christ sake, even if they flop, who cares (since it's not about the charts, right?). Having hit singles creates long lived nostalgia and memories for people, it entices people to check out the album if they haven't already. The truth is that she's not getting PAID enough to do all that. Money is the only thing that motivates her. We all know it. These are all just half poetic truths she's going on about to garnish more acclaim. I'm sure the tour will be incredible (if there is one) but these dry spells between tours are not it. 

I love this post. You're so correct. I love that she gave visibility to black country artists on the album, but is that one little push enough to then drop them by the wayside? 

What I would like to see her do is continue to promote these - and more - artists within the genre. I forgot the name of the radio station used in the album, but I'd have loved her to make it an actual thing even just on spotify or apple music (or tidal) where she highlights these artists and rotates songs while promoting their new releases. A cute video message on social media to anyone who releases a new album, like Shaboozey, would be a really nice thing too and would make people aware of their releases. Agree about performances with them. Go even further and make it surprise performances where she wasn't announced beforehand to really drum up extra buzz afterwards. And with a potential tour, it would be nice to rotate between artists within the genre as her support acts too. 

Of course she doesn't have to do any of this but it would certainly be very special and highly respected if she did. 

4 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

So all those variants were just love for the fans???

Lol

Be so serious

FolkLover1989

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I didn't mention Taylor but you did but I'm happy you realize it. Beyonce needs to drop them visuals and do a couple performances to promote her music. Bey doing that would sure get people to stream her music. Like I said before the GP is missing Beyonce presence and is realizing some things lmao

He didn't mention Taylor. 

5 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

So all those variants were just love for the fans???

Lol

It's not like she released 34 variants, that would be insane.

• Like 2

I just wish we had visuals. One of the many things I always anticipated for Beyonce eras are her music videos. It just feels so cold just dropping the album and then disappearing. 

• Thanks 3

She's so full of herself and delusional. The way she talks about the country artists she collabed with on CC is giving "you're welcome, peasants. You forever owe me" 

I know the well deserved AOTY losses hit that ego hard

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 7

9 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I just wish we had visuals. One of the many things I always anticipated for Beyonce eras are her music videos. It just feels so cold just dropping the album and then disappearing. 

It's funny when people say "wow it got so bad she had to address it" when "addressing it" would be dropping a music video or doing ONE performance, not giving an interview and literally saying she doesn't care. 

If she cares about charts, she wouldn't release Cowboy Carter in the first place lol

• Like 2

For a second I thought those quotes were all said by herself, so I was like so she is referring to herself in the third person? YAS GAWD! 

6 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

She's so full of herself and delusional. The way she talks about the country artists she collabed with on CC is giving "you're welcome, peasants. You forever owe me" 

I know the well deserved AOTY losses hit that ego hard

Yes, yes they do. You're welcome.

9 hours ago, byzantium said:

I would believe her if she wasn't the same person who performed in Dubai for a paycheck or launched the era with a Super Bowl add.  

She clearly cares about sales enough so that she can keep racking up paychecks.  

And that's exactly why she doesn't care about charts because she can get a paycheck of 24M for 1 night just like that. A successful album wouldn't make her as much money

• Like 1

Cool. Now get your ass on a TV screen

I love the way she talks like her album writing process didn't involve flying writing camps to Nashville and taking other artists' demos :suburban:

But honestly, she never said she doesn't care about charts. I'm sure she does. She just said that's not what motivates her. Atp it's pretty clear that winning AOTY is her main goal now

• Like 2

She released 8 different versions of Break My Soul and its 10 different YouTube videos for art, not the charts! 

:ahh::ahh:

She's so pathetic. You'd think after 4 unsuccessful albums in a row, she'd learn to flop with dignity, but no. 

Edited by Love4Janet
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Yeah when your album under performs its " not motivated by charts".. xd 

She is being truthful when saying she used to care about the charts as she admitted on 106 & park that her team sent weekly stats to her and while she was in her girl group she talked about it often.

what I find strange is after run the world underperformed she went into this I don't care about top 10s so it want while she was having big hits but when things slowed down that she talked about not caring.

oddly her quote about not being motivated by charts just to say she's motivated by new artists charts placements was poorly worded but the main point is bringing people up which is cool.

i just can't believe she doesn't care much but likely cares way less than she used to. At one point in her career I think she cared about either first or second and now it's probably 6 on a list of top 10 priorities.

19 minutes ago, Love4Janet said:

She released 8 different versions of Break My Soul and its 10 different YouTube videos for art, not the charts! 

:ahh::ahh:

She's so pathetic. You'd think after 4 unsuccessful albums in a row, she'd learn to flop with dignity, but no. 

That's the thing. She's done enough things to make it clear she still cares but I think she doesn't care nearly as much.

the perfect remix, mi gente remix, all the different versions of songs this decade and top promo placement such as Super Bowl ads alone shows she does still care to a degree 

she used to care sooooo much but now probably not top 5 but top 10 more so.

She's hiding because of Diddy and The Dream but sure, art not charts. Same thing she said when 4 came out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.