Will Lana receive any backlash for working with Quavo?

halcyonday

Will Lana face a backlash for working with a homophobe?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lana face a backlash for working with a homophobe?

• No, Lana won't be held to the same standard as Katy in 2017.
    • Yes, Twitter and TikTok stans are ready to riot for such action.

4 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Quavo is a woman beater. I wouldn't want to die on that hill.

Yes Quavo is terrible for doing that. If Lana knows and doesn't care she sucks too. Can the OP say the same about the topic of this deflection?

Edited by Jay07

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Démodé

• Vegvisir

• ChooseyLover

Just now, Jay07 said:

Yeah Quavo sucks. I don't see what that has to do with Lana though which is the topic of this thread.

Lana gives a platform to awful people too and nobody makes a fuss about it. When Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion, Kehlani and JoJo deleted their collabs with him from streaming platforms, I don't know why Lana can't have the same energy. I guess it's what some people in this thread say and she has always been morally questionable, not just with her associations but with her lyrical content too. Might be her brand.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChooseyLover said:

Lana gives a platform to awful people too and nobody makes a fuss about it. When Tory Lanez shot Megan Thee Stallion, Kehlani and JoJo deleted their collabs with him from streaming platforms, I don't know why Lana can't have the same energy. I guess it's what some people in this thread say and she has always been morally questionable, not just with her associations but with her lyrical content too. Might be her brand.

I don't think Lana describing her own experiences means she condones abuse. That said, if she does know about Quavo and doesn't care, she sucks. I wish other stans felt the same about their faves doing shitty things.

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

I don't think Lana describing her own experiences means she condones abuse. That said, if she does know about Quavo and doesn't care, she sucks. I wish other stans felt the same about their faves doing shitty things.

Good point. I guess it's debatable where to draw the line between telling your own experiences and romancitizing/fetishizing certain things but that's a whole nother convo. Personally I never liked her vibe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jay07 said:

A. Luke has a long long history of abuse and harassment towards multiple women in the industry, not just Kesha. Also Pink, Kelly Clarkson etc. 

B. Quavo apologized and has taken steps to make amends. Bringing it back up 8 years later to attack Lana and defend Luke is what stinks fr

Who's defending Dr. ****? You're the only one here defending an aggressor LOL

Edited by bielneira
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

This is braindead, sorry. Portraying something dark via art does not equate to an endorsement. 

I'm a huge Lana fan and I'm aware the Migos are problematic af. I'd like to think that they've grown from being homophobic but other than that whole mess with Katy, I can't really support this collab considering he assaulted Saweetie and everyone seems to forget about it.

So yeah I won't be streaming that song if it ever comes out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

This is braindead, sorry. Portraying something dark via art does not equate to an endorsement. 

Like I said later in the thread it could be some sort of romanticizing awful things for "art", similarly to Gaga when she references abuse in Do What U Want or Just Dance. When she LITERALLY endorses abusers it makes you wonder things. I find her whole thing going on uncomfortable and I just know 5% about her. Maybe it's not that deep and many artists do the same with drugs and other topics, I'm just not into it, it's fine if others are though. I just don't see the beauty in it.

Do y'all remember how twitter dragged Halsey for working with Quavo in 2017?? I think people need to keep the same energy, I know it won't happen though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2024 at 4:25 AM, Bewitched said:

I'm a huge Lana fan and I'm aware the Migos are problematic af. I'd like to think that they've grown from being homophobic but other than that whole mess with Katy, I can't really support this collab considering he assaulted Saweetie and everyone seems to forget about it.

i didnt even know this. this video is disgusting

Name an artist who hasn't questioned a controversial topic, or done something that breaks rules of conduct? Go ahead and be mad but if the music is good you're still going to listen eventually.

Katy makes music designed for mass consumption, while Lana has been doing her own thing with minimal strategies and rollouts since her debut. They're not in the same lane and don't need to appeal to the same demographics. The fact that someone thinks to compare the two is amazing for Lana though. Also let's not ask for a hate train to start on a woman out of "fairness" that's completely asinine. Don't punish a woman over the disappointment of a man. Also Bon Apetit was try hard and terrible. 

Edited by Mornings

Lana is the supreme & talented legendary etc, y'all just going to have to get over it. Misery loves company tho

/end thread

12 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Lana is the supreme & talented legendary etc, y'all just going to have to get over it. Misery loves company tho

/end thread

So Lana's company being a homophobe and a woman abuser is fine? Sure, your words I guess.

• Like 3

idk what a Quavo is. is that like a cousin of avocados? 

Just now, Raphy23 said:

idk what a Quavo is. is that like a cousin of avocados? 

Her basic yt fans let her get away with her QFTC and stanning Morgan Wallen. Why would this be any different

2 hours ago, halcyonday said:

So Lana's company being a homophobe and a woman abuser is fine? Sure, your words I guess.

No, I'm saying that y'all are miserable so you want company 

On 6/20/2024 at 7:06 AM, manuelalex9810 said:

If she gets a pass, it will only prove that fake wokes don't care about the social issues, they only care about hating certain artists. The twitter and ATRL community is very hypocritical so they are probably going to let it slide. 

Yup, I mean look at this thread itself :dies:

On 6/23/2024 at 7:25 PM, Bewitched said:

This is disgusting. Thanks for not being a hypocrite. Too bad some Katy Perry-haters-who-pretend-to-be-fake-insiders can't relate.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.