Will Lana receive any backlash for working with Quavo?

halcyonday

Will Lana face a backlash for working with a homophobe?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lana face a backlash for working with a homophobe?

• No, Lana won't be held to the same standard as Katy in 2017.
    • Yes, Twitter and TikTok stans are ready to riot for such action.

I honestly don't like her collab in general. I only liked the The Weeknd interlude from all the ones I have heard. 

Edited by Aethereal

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Démodé

• Vegvisir

• ChooseyLover

2 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Lana is equally as talentless.

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The desperation among the Katycats reeks. 

Lana's unique talent will always keep her on the winning side.. Katy's limited talent can only do so much against her backing up a rapist.

She is doomed sisters so just wrap it up and find someone more talented to stan. :michael:

of course not.

critics, social media and the GP just like her more than Katy. 

urZXvV7.thumb.gif.9ee3286f16329e42421694

Quavo claimed he is not homophobic. I don't know about his past comments but people can change.

Migos Statement

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Lana is equally as talentless.

Edgy.

You can keep dreaming and feeding on your own nonsense little fella :suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Edgy.

You can keep dreaming and feeding on your own nonsense little fella :suburban:

Lana is bad of a performer as Katy is a writer 

:clack:

No, when you have true talent, no one cares what you do in your personal life. So maybe that's the issue you should focus on in your fav OP :fan:

• Like 1

Of course she won´t. Katy was dragged because she collab with them right after the homophobic statement and Lana is doing it years after.

Since Katy collab with them Quavo apologized for it iirc, and from what we know there´s no homophobic statements after that year, so yeah maybe he did changed.

It´s been 7 years maybe some of you should just move on and accept that your fave simply choose the worst time to do a collab, it happens 

Edited by Guilherme Make Love

17 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The desperation among the Katycats reeks. 

i don't blame them. in a span of 3 days, they went from;

-excitement for the new album

-disappointment when Katy released the snippet and the subsequent leak

-denial by trying to convince everyone that the leak was AI and that she didn't work with Dr. Luke. and later when it was confirmed, claiming she only worked with him because of contractial obligations (which makes zero sense becaus she already released 2 albums without his name:rip:)

and now i guess, they've moved on to whataboutisms and deflection tactics.

poor things must he suffering from severe mental whiplash

:coffee2:

• Haha 1

why would she get cancelled for a single incident happened 7 years ago for which Quavo has already apologized? 

Unlike Katy she's capable of doing good music so no, no backlash for miss Lana :coffee:

No I think she's immune to backlash, consider she emerged unscathed after the "question for the culture" controversy and hasn't once faced any meaningful criticism for having released the same album something like 9 times in a row now.

• Thanks 1

Lana has consistently not given a single f*ck what anyone thinks about her choices, and her art is outstanding BECAUSE of that.

Good art says something from a specific point of view. Good art is not an endorsement of morals or behaviours.

Katy Perry serves nothing of the sort, and consistently makes braindead decisions that result in the blandest of pop music.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

i don't blame them. in a span of 3 days, they went from;

-excitement for the new album

-disappointment when Katy released the snippet and the subsequent leak

-denial by trying to convince everyone that the leak was AI and that she didn't work with Dr. Luke. and later when it was confirmed, claiming she only worked with him because of contractial obligations (which makes zero sense becaus she already released 2 albums without his name:rip:)

and now i guess, they've moved on to whataboutisms and deflection tactics.

poor things must he suffering from severe mental whiplash

:coffee2:

As a day one monster who was at the frontline of the great ARTPOP/Prism war of 2013, it is TRULY satisfying all these years later to see Gaga sitting as a A List, top box office draw actress with multiple Oscar noms, recent number one songs and albums, about to drop her highly anticipated followup to Chromatica.... and Katy is a complete non-event

xfq96o.gif

• Haha 1

well the chances are, Lana will actually make a good song with him unlike the other one :suburban:

A song with Quavo? Wasn't she releasing a country album in September? :rip: either way, Lana thrives off backlash, she'll be fine.

• Haha 1

No one holds obviously shitty people to any standard.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Venice B said:

Unlike Katy she's capable of doing good music so no, no backlash for miss Lana :coffee:

7 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Lana has consistently not given a single f*ck what anyone thinks about her choices, and her art is outstanding BECAUSE of that.

Good art says something from a specific point of view. Good art is not an endorsement of morals or behaviours.

Katy Perry serves nothing of the sort, and consistently makes braindead decisions that result in the blandest of pop music.

That's very interesting. So you mean that if Katy's music was acclaimed then no one would care about her questionable collaborators? So the backlash is success dependant and not morals dependant? 

this is without a single doubt the hardest deflection of a thread I have ever seen on this website lol

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Quavo claimed he is not homophobic. I don't know about his past comments but people can change.

Migos Statement

You're talking about a forum where people are still bringing up screenshots of racist Camila Cabello posts from 12 years ago when she was like 13 years old. I think it's only fair to keep that energy for the disgusting homophobe. 

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

That's very interesting. So you mean that if Katy's music was acclaimed then no one would care about her questionable collaborators? So the backlash is success dependant and not morals dependant? 

It has nothing to do with acclaim, and has everything to do with artistic integrity.

Lana working with Quavo isn't about the controversy, or endorsing anything he's done or said in the past - it's about tuning into a specific artistic frequency and engaging with it. Literally EVERYTHING she's done in her career is based around that. She's not endorsing or advocating a moral stance, she's making art with everything around her, and not limiting herself out of fear of how others will react.

Katy is working with her ex-friend's rapist in a desperate attempt to revitalize her fossilized career.

There is a very huge, VERY clear difference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Depends. Sincere or not, Quavo issued an apology after his comments. Also, do you really want to compare him with Dr. Puke? Quavo's comments didn't phisically harm anyone unlike your fave's collaborator who literally abused women phisically and mentally.

And yes, if Katy released a good song at least her lack of morals would pay off. But she's currently not capable of releasing a good song to save her life. So yeah, go stream that woman anthem produced by an abuser and keep talking about how Lana releasing a song with Quavo is "just as bad" :coffee:

See when you question the culture, the culture doesn't question you back. :clap3:

Tough love. Tough respect.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.