Indy (Lorde's sister): Chappell Roan is the new Kate Bush

80x100

• Haha 1

Indy's new single about to come btw

Umm. Let's not get crazy :rip:

Kate Bush sweetie…

• Like 1

the way people used to say her sister was the new kate bush... i call shade :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

delete this :rip:

What a ridiculous statement. Kate Bush wrote every single one of her songs on her own (minus one single co-write with Prince, 15 years into her career). Roan co-writes most of her material with the same producer as Olivia Rodrigo. They have very little in common.

Edited by Dante Silva
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if the comparison makes sense artistically, but vocally, it does. As soon as I heard Good Luck, Babe I got modern Kate Bush vibes too

• Like 2

Everyone needs to stop putting such high expectations on this girl, I'm not surprised she's been crying onstage

People should stop with this high expectations. Let her be the artist she wants to be. 

Now, let's not get stupid :rip:

There'll never be another Kate Bush partly because the conditions today in the industry will never allow anyone to be that brave and experimental. Like who's going to release something like The Dreaming today? 

as a new fan of Chappell as of a few days ago, I can see where she's coming from but i'm so over the "new Kate Bush thing" cause no, realistically no one is ever gonna be a new Kate Bush lol. but even though Chappell is FANTASTIC and has a wonderful pop vision, I think the true most obvious heirs of Kate in a musical sense are Dawn Richard, Kimbra, and Caroline Polachek. and even THEN they're still originals :cm: I just think those three are the most obviously mimicking Kate-like career patterns lol

6 hours ago, zweigson said:

the way people used to say her sister was the new kate bush... i call shade :jonnycat:

unfortunately this was my first thought too LMFAOOO :toofunny2:

and btw this is coming from a MAJOR Kate stan who has been listening to Good Luck, Babe! all morning lol

Nicola Roberts could've been the modern day Kate Bush had y'all not let her down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.