Fantano: Brat is incredible, influential. TTPD is forced, petty, mid, inorganic

Bhabylon

Taylor discourse hijacking the attention from yet another newly released album. No wonder, no Taylor no clicks. :clap3:

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Bhabylon

• JO1s

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

He nailed it with that ending ngl:

"TTPD is her weakest and most obnoxious writing to date, not to mention the completely stale productions from Jack Antonoff too". 

• Like 1

How is Brat influential when it was released a week ago?

What a meaningless, stan Twitter'd thing to say.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, Diesel is Desire said:

It's comical to see people on this forum suddenly value Fantano's opinion once he starts dragging an artist they don't like

Never change:clap3:

First they love you and then they switch like… you know the rest 

He is right and he should say it. The world is healing :clap3:

Ultimately, while I guess Taylor Swift is entitled to release as many versions of her album as she wants -- wherever she wants, these parts just continually reek of desperation on her part. A total lack of shame too as she seems to not be pumping the brakes at all on shoving this record down everyone's throat. A record that many believe to have some of her weakest and most obnoxious songwriting to date. Not to mention, completely stale production from Jack Antonoff too.

But there you have it ladies and gentleman, you can in fact keep mid at the #1 spot as you long as you have a rabid fanbase willing to consume it over and over and over again and purchase and repurchase every single time you put out new iterations of it. Oh and you also need someone petty enough to see other artists in the music industry as their competition and then to be strategically trying to prevent those artists from getting any shine off their new records too. How's that for me-me-me-me-me-feminism? 

hes riding so hard for miss charli omg

• Like 1

I already posted this in the Taylor hatred mega thread 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

What the hell is it gonna take for Taylor to not generate so much discussion?

For starters, maybe stop intentionally blocking other women from going #1

I can't @ the shameless victim mentality

:toofunny3:

Just now, Bhabylon said:

For starters, maybe stop intentionally blocking other women from going #1

I can't @ the shameless victim mentality

:toofunny3:

Sigh. Not a victim. I also want Taylor to stop contributing to her own public discourse. I literally want her to go away for a bit. It would benefit everyone. 

He didn't lie. Taylor is petty and she abuses the game worse than anyone else. We need Billboard to update their rulebook cause this feels like a farce. 

10 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

who the f is this bald and why his opinions in music matters?

Well let's compare this statement and relate it to Ms. Swift for a second. 

His opinions in music matter because he has a large following. Big numbers = big influence = even bigger numbers = even more blind followers.

Reminds me of:

9 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

TTPD will get nominate at grammy and brat not, that's the fact. 

Swifties are in a stage where they EXPECT Taylor to be nominated for AOTY. And she probably will be. It's a shoo-in for her basically. 

That is thanks to the big numbers she's doing - not necessarily because of the product or "art". 

Therefore we can criticize the weight of her accomplishments in 2024 and how important they are to the actual art form of pop music or music in general. 

A lot of people listen to Taylor Swift because it's basically "what you do", just like Melons followers buy anything he sells them in terms of opinions.

Thanks to that Charli gained lots of new listeners which is just a repeat of the cycle of big numbers = big influence = even bigger numbers = even more blind followers.

I personally am scared that she gets bigger cause I heard trying to get Swift tickets is a nightmare and I don't need that :rip: 

• Like 1

Tell us something we didn't know already :sistrens:

Britney Spears Yawn GIF - Britney Spears Yawn Tired GIFs

Brat influential when it's barely 1 week old? :toofunny3:

i love brat but ttpd gets too much hate. it is top 3 on taylor discog i fear

What's kinda ironic is that it's becoming trendy to dislike Taylor rn which will play perfectly into the Reputation(TV) rollout. 

Before the OG Rep dropped, Taylor was being called a snake, liar, and overexposed in the media.  

Edited by Storm653

I don't see TTPD as inorganic but BRAT is clearly much more influential as a music piece.

9 hours ago, Arrows said:

How is Brat influential when it was released a week ago?

What a meaningless, stan Twitter'd thing to say.

• Like 1

BRAT is better written, better produced, more acclaimed, more impactful, and simply the MUCH cooler album 

He spilled 

• Like 1

I am anti-Taylor, but I play TTPD every 5 seconds :lakitu:

14 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

And YET everyone (but, like, actually everyone; not Charli XCX level of "everyone") is still talking about TTPD every single day. Including you. Sit down for a minute and think about that, girl. :laugh:

girl the only time i see non-swifties talking about the Toilet Paper Department is when they're complaining that she blocked yet another artist by releasing unnecessary variants

My king spoke loud and clear... so wise beyond his years.

spacer.png

Edited by Richie.Valdez

14 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

And YET everyone is still talking about TTPD every single day.

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.