Fantano: Brat is incredible, influential. TTPD is forced, petty, mid, inorganic

Bhabylon

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

The talking in question 

What some people don't understand is that hating Taylor isn't a new thing. It happened in 2016/17, it happened before that, and it'll happen again. She's gonna be "loved" again next year and then the cycle will repeat. She will always be at the center of it all. 

Y'all are not better than Dylan, the american football fan from Alabama who thinks she's a whiny c+nt who should disappear forever. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Bhabylon

• JO1s

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

People like whatever the f*ck they like. You're not better for not listening to her, miss. 

The nerve and pretentiousness of some Taylor's obsessed haters is so funny. Buckle up because she's not going anywhere (or stay miserable the rest of your life lol). 

But then again people that think TTPD is horrible don't necessarily hate her. The album is bad to a lot of people. Yall can't get any type of criticism 

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

What some people don't understand is that hating Taylor isn't a new thing. It happened in 2016/17, it happened before that, and it'll happen again. She's gonna be "loved" again next year and then the cycle will repeat. She will always be at the center of it all. 

Y'all are not better than Dylan, the american football fan from Alabama who thinks she's a whiny c+nt who should disappear forever. 

Not always. Everything slows down and comes to an end eventually 

4 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

But then again people that think TTPD is horrible don't necessarily hate her. The album is bad to a lot of people. Yall can't get any type of criticism 

I get that, but you know what I'm talking about. Right now, it's not just about the album, it's about hating her because it's trendy and easy. Like it was fighting for her concert tickets last year. 

I guess some of it is deserved, but lol 

Edited by Blade Runner

BRAT is one of the best albums of the year. :clap3:

TTPD is trash. :biblio:

• Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 5

I absolutely love Brat but calling it influential a week after it came out is a bit of a stretch

Agree about TTPD though, some cute moments but not her best

• Like 2

He's just echoing what his audience wants to hear.

It's interesting how a few years ago when his audience consisted mainly of straight guys who were into hip hop and rock, he used to trash the few pop music he bothered paying attention to. Now all of a sudden, he loves Charli XCX, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish and others.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think the most shocking thing coming out of this discourse is realizing just how many idiots Taylor truly has roped into her product launches - because it's a travesty this many people are going to bat for her lowest effort and cringiest release yet. :deadbanana2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

the way swifties keep trying to cope with the criticism on these threads just proves he's right :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

If you watch the full video you'll actually might agree with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree that Taylor's latest album isn't her greatest unlike Charli XCX's.

1 hour ago, Bhabylon said:

FmENE36aUAsSvGO.jpg

You knew what you were doing when you included this picture:ahh:

Edited by LovingDays
  • Haha 1

'brat' is too overrated, but he's right about 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

:coffee2:

who the f is this bald and why his opinions in music matters?

Edited by Papi Juancho
  • Like 1

forced, petty, mid, inorganic are the things he is so :bam:

• Thanks 3

this topic was mauled to death, and idc about taylor's lashings about being greedy and chart obsessed, but can we stop with this fake and virtual signaling feminism and being girls' girl bs. no, she isn't targeting young female artist, when there is track record when she was trying to stay ahead of men (drake, jungkook, jack harlow). she isn't also sabotaging anyone. she isn't stealing others sales and streams, if any, by competition both billie and charlie sold more units than previously predicted. charts aren't zero sum game, taylor releasing more variants isn't taking away from others.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

OK we all know TTPD is a non event but how is BRAT influential?

OP: What does ATRL think?

Swifties: I don't agree. 

THOTS: omg can y'all take some criticism

:ace: 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

He's right and he should say it :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hyperpop is dead in 2024, brat only does good from timing and commercial success from last album. as well as renaissance, people deems influencial when nobody does full dance album after dropped, it is not influenced it's hype/bandwagoning. TTPD will get nominate at grammy and brat not, that's the fact. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

TTPD's lyrics and subject matter, combined with Taylor's entire persona in general, turn me off, so I have no interest in listening to it.

Brat... I couldn't get passed the second song. I've never been the biggest fan of her music, but that record screams "you're too old to get this, grandpa."

Incredible? Okay I wasnt agreeing with the critics bandwagoning this album but THAT seems forced. :dies: 

Edited by Onyxmage

Yall talk about Taylor when she makes bad music, yall don't talk about others even when they make good music. What the hell is it gonna take for Taylor to not generate so much discussion? She's literally going to have to not put any music out at all, and even then I'm sure somehow Yall will find a way to bring her up. (Y'all meaning literally the entire world. I'm exhausted. Enough. From both ends, I've had enough. Enough of the worship and enough of the vitriol. Just.. enough. :gaycat6: )

100% true, TTPD is truly awful. Brat AOTY.

he spilled

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.