• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• PoisonedIvy

• Headlock

• Chris

It's common knowledge. Ironically no one knows how bad they are until her fans boast about them

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

I mean, she's no Shakespeare but that tweet is a reach. 

The amouny of hate she is getting lately

paid promo just for reputation TV 

3 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

Taylor has a LOT of gems and golden nuggets in all her albums but I think she always falls back on her bread and butter which is the theme of young love

Even her most acclaimed work even by non-fans, folklore, is mostly famous for its "teenage love triangle" story

Obviously young love is what makes Taylor's music universal and relatable and even my favorite Taylor songs ever are her love ballads :rip: 

But I'd love to see her make a body of work that completely explores other topics and go out of her comfort zone, even go beyond self-centered (or what's a more neutral word for it) songs like Anti-Hero

this 100%!

I'll always be a fan of her music, even when i'm distancing myself from the "swiftie" label, and I will ALWAYS recognize that she has many incredible songs. but as a songwriter myself, I do wonder if she'll unearth even more strengths by going for a WHOLE project rooted in more earthly topics rather than sprinklings of new territories held in larger love-themed projects. Folklore and Evermore are obvious artistic high points so far for her. I'm wondering if she can write another song like The Last Great American Dynasty but without any relation to herself. Epiphany is brilliant in its storytelling, honestly I'd love more songs JUST like that. love is so clearly, indeed, her bread and butter! at this point in her career, with a fanbase as ginormous as hers, it would behoove her to throw the world for some loops. you can never please EVERYONE, but personally I absolutely believe she has the talent to pull off more complex subject matter. I'm not immediately suggesting a full The Archandroid or Divers moment, but she could listen to Santigold's first two albums or Bowie's Hunky Dory or Scary Monsters and think about how you can write empowerment anthems very clearly about stuff other than the love you've experienced. she's done it in singular songs, it'd be awesome if she could do it as a whole

project! a concept album like 

and of COURSE she's not the only person in the world guilty of writing predominantly about her love life! but as someone who is markedly more prolific than pretty much any other major popstar at this moment, it can be a bit frustrating as a fan that she seemed to have turned her back on conceptualism and "what if"-isms in favor of heading back to her diary

as for a more neutral word for that descriptor… something like self-relational maybe? but I personally understood exactly what you meant/the tone you were aiming for, so I think that term is good enough

oh and all this said^ I will reiterate that I find it incredibly inspiring how prolific she's been and how hardworking she's been!! :clap3:

Ironically that tweet itself is word salad and feels like it was written by Chat GPT.

Atrl seeing a tweet with multi-syllable (yet simple) words and yelling, "tHesAUrus!!" Please :rip: 

22 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Atrl seeing a tweet with multi-syllable (yet simple) words and yelling, "tHesAUrus!!" Please :rip: 

1. Ironically this is exactly the criticism that gets lobbied at Taylor for lines like "sanctimoniously performing sililoquies I'll never see" so the irony is there for those who choose to see it

2. Unlike in those instances, it is actually a valid critique here. That tweet is word salad. Believe me, we understand what those words mean individually. Together, they are saying absolutely nothing. There are plenty of thorough and articulate criticisms of Taylor's writing. This is not one of them. 

8 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

1. Ironically this is exactly the criticism that gets lobbied at Taylor for lines like "sanctimoniously performing sililoquies I'll never see" so the irony is there for those who choose to see it

2. Unlike in those instances, it is actually a valid critique here. That tweet is word salad. Believe me, we understand what those words mean individually. Together, they are saying absolutely nothing. There are plenty of thorough and articulate criticisms of Taylor's writing. This is not one of them. 

He's saying she needs an editor. Is it that hard to understand :rip: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Diesel is Desire said:

We should increase viral thresholds for Taylor threads to 500k likes or something cause she goes "viral" every day.

See when you cause this much discussion :clap3:

!!!

And always for being talentless. I can't keep up

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

He's saying she needs an editor. Is it that hard to understand :rip: 

Editors do not contribute to "cohesion" (which Taylor isn't even lacking, mind you, nor is it a core tenet of SONGWRITING in the first place?) 

6 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

Criticizing anyone's songwriting when their tweet sounds like they wrote it with four thesaurus tabs open 

Tiffany Pollard Eye Roll GIF

This :deadbanana2:

The person who tweeted obviously hasn't heard Guilty As Sin? Taylor gives a masterclass in songwriting cohesion and concision right there!  

11 hours ago, niiall said:

Screaming at "lacking minimalism" :rip: what does that even mean?

Means Taylor uses 200 words where 20 would do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Anyway, to contribute sensibly:

Taylor is not "the greatest" songwriter of any period of time. No one is. Art is subjective, but her writing undoubtedly connects with a multitude of people across many different countries, nationalities, genres, sexual/racial/age demographics. She is one of the most prolific songwriters of our time for that reason alone. Anyone trying to downplay that is arguing in bad faith and, more often than not, is unfamiliar with the parts of her catalogue that are actually respectable and above the average skill level of other songwriters (with notable exceptions being the literal poets of our generation like Lana, Lorde, Caroline, and the likes of which most other pop and country songwriters don't even hold a candle to.)

Is it her writing that connects … or her marketing? 

2 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

Is it her writing that connects … or her marketing? 

It's the writing. People aren't attached to marketing. Marketing merely conditions exposure. It does not guarantee consumption. 

She's a good songwriter (though she used to be better) but there are definitely much better female songwriters out there like Lana, Lorde or SZA.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

HER DOWNFALL IS IMMINENT!!! JUST YOU WAIT GUYS!! ANY DAY NOW!!! THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS WAKING UP!!! HISTORY WILL NOT REMEMBER HER!!!! HER WRITING IS MEDIOCRE, SHE CAN'T DANCE OR SING AND HER FANS ARE SHEEP!!! I MUST MAKE THIS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR BY SHOUTING IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS LOUDLY AND FREQUENTLY!!!

make a video of this and post in on twitter. <3

3 minutes ago, stevyy said:

make a video of this and post in on twitter. <3

I do not use twitter, it's a cesspool 

5 hours ago, americanshameless said:

!!!

And always for being talentless. I can't keep up

The way the crowd goes silent :gaycat6:

11 hours ago, niiall said:

Screaming at "lacking minimalism" :rip: what does that even mean?

She uses unnecessary lengthy words that don't flow. This is my biggest complaint of TTPD.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.