Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

she was on tiktok yesterday (commenting and sharing a positive tik tok with the audio on it) so she def saw the other videos dragging the song to shreds bc they were using the sound. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

2 minutes ago, Bchip said:

Wasn't that 1 min leak confirmed to be AI? Is it real then? :rip:

it's been taken down from twitter for copyright allegations so yeah :rip:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TalkThatTalk said:

Is this true?

I just heard a snipped called woman's world demo and it's the same lyrics in the chorus but it is a disco pop song. So maybe that's where they got that from 

She should have just dropped the album with no singles. She wouldn't pull big numbers but the gp would still listen and pick the highlights instead of wasting all her goodwill like this.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how you can be on her team, see all this positive feedback on her in the last years and not craft a perfect pop comeback? Like, you would be making history. How do you choose an empowering song as the lead again? Not only that, but a women empowering song on top of that? When was the last time something like this was a hit? It alienates her target audience which is so weird cuz she's serving SEX on the pics, and these will be loved by the straight men, yet you choose THIS as your lead? The big comeback song? And trust me, straight men also love to play her song in the background, I often hear it on twitch played when some guy plays something, but this isn't something they will put on their playlist, at all. You can tell it's her who chooses these songs which is awful. We know she loves these empowering songs for some reason, but even Roar or Firework were empowering everyone. Ths empowers women hence men are automatically less likely to love it, especially given how strong fragile masculinity is in 2024 - like yeah, **** them, but we could still use them for her succes. I just don't understand.

Also, her team being stuck in 2010 and 2011 and not moving with the trend of the time is EVEN worse that they don't look at iconic and legendary comebacks of other pop stars.

Can't Get You Out Of My Head/Spinning Around or Hang Up is how you make a comeback as a pop dance act. You pick a strong catchy non offensive song that panders to anyone, no matter their age, sex, etc. This is so limited to begin with because of the title and what the song is about. She's been on that political shtick of empowering women for years now, it was cringe back then, it was cringe with What Makes A Woman in 2020, and is omega cringe as your lead single.

Let me not even get into the aspect of what if the woman empowering song was really produced by Puke, cuz chile it just gets worse and worse.

At least the design team behind the photoshoot ate. Sadly the music doesn't seem to be following the sexy futuristic vibe, at all. She's STUPID and deserves backlash if it's a Puke song/album.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Everyperfectsummer said:

I can't believe she removed the sound  because of some backlash.

So she has. :eek:

Wonder what this means for the song / single, If anything. it's just bizarre to remove the sound if it means she will still just release it as normal.

Wonder what this means for the song / single, If anything. it's just bizarre to remove the sound if it means she will still just release it as normal.

Spoiler

Welp. Sorry for the multiple posts. ATRL being ATRL.

Her profile on Apple Music is no longer showing the "Woman's World" cover art. Her playlist covers have all switched back to the new "KP" logo too. Maybe she really is scrapping … ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Haha 1

Imagine she could've pulled this instead.... like we already got the body/sex, but the music...

• Like 3

I understand her hesitation with exploring a more mature sound, especially after the failure of Small Talk with Charlie. Zedd's busy with his comeback, and none of the other producers have worked out lately, like for her last albums. Maybe she thinks that working with Dr. Luke again is a reliable choice, given their successful collaborations in the past. I can't totally blame her for trying what has worked for her before. Personally, I still think Dr. Luke can produce great pop music, despite his controversial reputation. If she wants to succeed with him, I believe he should have given her songs with the vibe of Say So and KMM, rather than what could pass as Kim Petras tracks.

On the other hand, it seems like the charts are lacking strong contenders, and people still have an appetite for pop music. So, even if this song ends up underperforming, I don't believe it necessarily means the end of her era. There's still room for success in the current landscape.

5 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

What I don't understand is how you can be on her team, see all this positive feedback on her in the last years and not craft a perfect pop comeback? Like, you would be making history. How do you choose an empowering song as the lead again? Not only that, but a women empowering song on top of that? When was the last time something like this was a hit? It alienates her target audience which is so weird cuz she's serving SEX on the pics, and these will be loved by the straight men, yet you choose THIS as your lead? The big comeback song? And trust me, straight men also love to play her song in the background, I often hear it on twitch played when some guy plays something, but this isn't something they will put on their playlist, at all. You can tell it's her who chooses these songs which is awful. We know she loves these empowering songs for some reason, but even Roar or Firework were empowering everyone. Ths empowers women hence men are automatically less likely to love it, especially given how strong fragile masculinity is in 2024 - like yeah, **** them, but we could still use them for her succes. I just don't understand.

Also, her team being stuck in 2010 and 2011 and not moving with the trend of the time is EVEN worse that they don't look at iconic and legendary comebacks of other pop stars.

Can't Get You Out Of My Head/Spinning Around or Hang Up is how you make a comeback as a pop dance act. You pick a strong catchy non offensive song that panders to anyone, no matter their age, sex, etc. This is so limited to begin with because of the title and what the song is about. She's been on that political shtick of empowering women for years now, it was cringe back then, it was cringe with What Makes A Woman in 2020, and is omega cringe as your lead single.

Let me not even get into the aspect of what if the woman empowering song was really produced by Puke, cuz chile it just gets worse and worse.

At least the design team behind the photoshoot ate. Sadly the music doesn't seem to be following the sexy futuristic vibe, at all. She's STUPID and deserves backlash if it's a Puke song/album.

i second everything you said. it's insane how all she needed to do to get this right was have a social media intern keeping check of how people are talking about her on social media so they could choose the lead knowing what it's gonna appeal the most to the audience. don't they even have that???? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pt_m said:

Her profile on Apple Music is no longer showing the "Woman's World" cover art. Her playlist covers have all switched back to the new "KP" logo too. Maybe she really is scrapping … ?

YOU BETTER CELEBRATE CAUSE WOMAN'S WORLD IS GOING AWAY 

moo.png

• Like 1

I need Katy to come out and clarify things, they are shitting her name for information that is false. Whether the song is good or bad is up to each person, but there are things that are said that are not true and they only do it to ruin the moment.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the whole song is giving CTTR 2.0 with cringe lyrics... 

9 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

She's been on that political shtick of empowering women for years now, it was cringe back then, it was cringe with What Makes A Woman in 2020, and is omega cringe as your lead single.

and like... if you decide to go the woman empowering route... at least go the full way. To have Dr Luke in the credits is definitely not it but the lyrics are just performative feminism. I will never not cringe at the "in a pair of heels" line.

• Like 2

i will say: katy's feminism is a good thing for show that she is going back more mature

the problem is the lyrics...

My classmate's stepmother works as a senior cleaner manager at Universal Music Group and she says she was forced to throw all the CDs with the single Woman's World in the trash.

• Haha 10

This song is like a more electronic version of IKAG. I really hope she doesn't completely scrap it. If it doesn't do well, maybe just release it as a promo single. Maybe changing the title would help avoid it being seen as too feminist with the Dr. Luke stuff. I'm not sure what would be a better title though.

The expensive vidya going to circlethedrain.mp3

petition for her to re-release NRO so it can smash this time 

moo.png

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.