Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

this entire thing is just :bibliahh:

people were genuinely looking forward to her comeback.

she had one job!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

i would feel bad for her if it wasn't a Dr puke produced album :toofunny3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think people actually expecting a big ass comeback did her more bad than good but anyway. We'll see how it sounds the 11th

Honestly I believe the flops somehow build up anticipation, as everyone knows she has hits in her. Even during difficult times, like when she was carrying a baby, designing footwear, working with different producers, she managed to create 3-4 sleeper hits.

but maybe I'm just a katyclown :clownny:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aotwbys said:

Honestly I believe the flops somehow build up anticipation, as everyone knows she has hits in her. Even during difficult times, like when she was carrying a baby, designing footwear, working with different producers, she managed to create 3-4 sleeper hits.

but maybe I'm just a katyclown :clownny:

NRO and HIH were hits cuz the quality was there and everyone loved them, even pitchfork stanned NRO

this mess now... oh chile even her own fanbase is pretending it's AI generated

They can save this whole mess: she should drop release the most pop-oriented song of the album this friday and use Woman's World as a "promo single" for the album.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The only explanation for this release is Dr. Luke trolling her for not working with him in Witness and Smile lool 

EkyOBzb.gif

• Haha 4

I just dont understand her team at all! Same as Gagas when SL leaked a month earlier.

Okay the song leaked, people dont like it. Move on, the lead is planned for almost mid July, pick a different song ( there must be better songs in there), promote a different song as the lead and quickly film a simple minimalistic visual for it, you have time. All the radio, streaming deals are in place, just use a different song.

Yes you have everything ready for "Womans World" including video, CDs and vinyls, use all of that and market the song as a "promo,buzz" single leading up to the album. I know its a financial loss but its a risk I would be willing to take considering everyone hates the song, her comeback was hyped and a different non leaked song would probably do better 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, TMRA said:

I just dont understand her team at all! Same as Gagas when SL leaked a month earlier.

Okay the song leaked, people dont like it. Move on, the lead is planned for almost mid July, pick a different song ( there must be better songs in there), promote a different song as the lead and quickly film a simple minimalistic visual for it, you have time. All the radio, streaming deals are in place, just use a different song.

Yes you have everything ready for "Womans World" including video, CDs and vinyls, use all of that and market the song as a "promo,buzz" single leading up to the album. I know its a financial loss but its a risk I would be willing to take considering everyone hates the song, her comeback was hyped and a different non leaked song would probably do better 

she's now on vacation with orlando and daisy :deadbanana:

The song does not sound like a radio hit or a hit at all, and since TikTok is dragging her down, it won't be saved by anybody. 

2 minutes ago, TMRA said:

yeah, but we have to remember her team allowed her to release Small Talk when NRO was peaking on every platform. They used to THEE team in 2010, but now... they just dont know how to create an era properly and how the market has changed. 

20 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

the entire tiktok has been begging her to release another teenage dream :bibliahh:

And this isn't Teenage Dream era material. 

It's the pop stuff that didn't land during the PRISM era (TIHWD type stuff). 

• Like 1

mmh, it does sound like a witness track tbh.

The song is not THAT bad, but it should've been way faster and I hate that it starts with the bridge:rip:

• Like 1

i will be BOPPING anyways, i bought the vinyl

• Like 1

The song is genuinely good, and I believe it might grow on some people who might not instantly grasp it. But I think she needs to approach it differently. Yeah, it's not Teenage Dream but if she markets it strategically to align with what resonates with the younger audience, it could work.

In truth, none of her recent hits had an instant impact. Like, 'Harleys in Hawaii' wasn't widely appreciated until a year or two after its release.

They thought that they could make the song go viral with those 10 seconds, but now that they realized they had the opposite effect.

A MESS

This is what happens when she doesn't pick up Bonnie's phone call

Stream "Hot City"!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

I only have heard the snippet but If the leak is real why doesn't she release this song sooner?

I mean waiting until July 11th for a leaked song??? (if it's real).

It's 2024

20 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

the entire tiktok has been begging her to release another teenage dream :bibliahh:

And this isn't Teenage Dream era material. 

It's the pop stuff that didn't land during the PRISM era (TIHWD type stuff). 

11 minutes ago, justlore said:

mmh, it does sound like a witness track tbh.

The song is not THAT bad, but it should've been way faster and I hate that it starts with the bridge:rip:

The song starts with the chorus lol 

32 minutes ago, aotwbys said:

In truth, none of her recent hits had an instant impact. Like, 'Harleys in Hawaii' wasn't widely appreciated until a year or two after its release.

The way Harleys in Hawaii became a cult classic (I loved it since it was released)

Tortured Poet Charlie Puth made some points here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

honestly this is a disaster. her and her team have completely misunderstood her appeal. no wants corny empowering songs in 2024. what was the last empowerment song that even went big? the gp has been telling her exactly what they wanted from her for the past few months since they were actually looking forward to this so this is beyond frustrating. all we asked was for good pop melodies with decent lyrics, it was so easy to NOT fumble this :deadbanana2: if her and her team were smart, they would def recalculate and change the lead but i doubt they will. 

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, justlore said:

They thought that they could make the song go viral with those 10 seconds, but now that they realized they had the opposite effect.

A MESS

Yup yup i can see her team in a room thinking that going for an unorganic tik tok trend with those lyrics was a good idea. 

A teaser like the one for CTTR would've worked better in my opinion

22 minutes ago, TMRA said:

I couldnt have said it better 😶‍🌫️ ... the hate is spreading like wildfire at this point it is ruining the era before it even starts..like ahe has one month work with some other producers and get some smash hits and add them on the album as extra tracks and on streaming platforms... also fire your manager and get a good a&r and exec producer with an ear for 2024 hits. These leaks are not good omen and foreshadow bad things to come...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.