Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

This is sad to watch. I can understand disappointment, but people online are being straight-up horrible and hateful. So much negativity. When I don't like a song, I just don't listen to it anymore and move on. Like it's unfortunate that people are not feeling it, but is there really a need for the long-ass Twitter essays, bully-ish comments and TikTok videos? Really? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I haven't heard the leaks, just the TikTok snippet. I am excited to hear the full thing, and see the video. I am excited for the album, even if the lead is not my thing, I am sure there will be a song for me there. There always is. And above all, I am excited to see her on tour. Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

1 minute ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Then if you don't expect nothing stop the trolling and the lies. And no, I'm not disappointed, I love the sound of the snippet and unlike you, I prefer to wait before judging.

No trolling, no lies. Just my personal opinion as we all do here. The disappointment and fuss bit does not refer exclusively to you, there's backlash here, on her insta, and all over TikTok. And let's not speak about the Shein edition Arca-esque cover. 

Just now, aotwbys said:

Honestly, I'm seriously baffled at how negatively tiktok is reacting to just ten seconds of a snippet. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but it's hard to understand why such a short clip is generating so much negativity.

I think the leaked song is a great track, but the marketing strategy seems off. When I compare it to the songs that Gen Z keeps talking about from her, like NRO, HIH, Feels, and TD, this one seems like it's marketed a bit too sexy. Maybe there's a disconnect between her image and what the current audience is expecting.

I have this random hope that she can turn this around by incorporating it into a Barbie-themed performance sometime, which could appeal to people even though it doesn't match the era. It's a potential way to shift the narrative from criticism to positive engagement.

You underestimate how much people love jumping on a hate bandwagon ijbol. At least three fandoms have been frothing at the mouth waiting for any excuse to drag Katy and this snippet has been the perfect catalyst for that. Plus Kats are notoriously fickle and critical of Katy and TikTokkers love regurgitating whatever they see on their "For You" pages in order to engagement farm for easy views and likes. It's a perfect storm.

• Like 3

She did this with herself sorry, there's no escuses for realeasing lyrics like this after Witness.

Maybe in the end the nostalgia trend for her did more bad than good. The kids and twinks thought about the pink bubble where Katy serves these instant classics, when for years now she's been serving these corny songs exactly like this one. I don't mind it that much because I love her vocals and got used to the lyrics being a mess since Witness, but looks like people completely erased what we learned about her in the last 2 albums. :toofunny2: It could've been great for her if she came back with a strong, non-cringy lead song that doesn't alienate the target audience, but she's a 40 years old soccer mom, a boomer, out of touch with the pop culture and it's okay too. I'm glad she's trying this last time to have a big pop era, cause after the bullying she got during Witness, I don't think she will want to try again after the backlash this era will give her. :toofunny3:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

You underestimate how much people love jumping on a hate bandwagon ijbol. At least three fandoms have been frothing at the mouth waiting for any excuse to drag Katy and this snippet has been the perfect catalyst for that. Plus Kats are notoriously fickle and critical of Katy and TikTokkers love regurgitating whatever they see on their "For You" pages in order to engagement farm for easy views and likes. It's a perfect storm.

Ugh, this is incredibly disheartening as someone who wants her to have a successful era. The tide can turn against her anytime with just the blink of an eye on tiktok, which is precisely why slow rollouts are such a pain.

3 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Maybe in the end the nostalgia trend for her did more bad than good. The kids and twinks thought about the pink bubble where Katy serves these instant classics, when for years now she's been serving these corny songs exactly like this one. I don't mind it that much because I love her vocals and got used to the lyrics being a mess since Witness, but looks like people completely erased what we learned about her in the last 2 albums. :toofunny2: It could've been great for her if she came back with a strong, non-cringy lead song that doesn't alienate the target audience, but she's a 40 years old soccer mom, a boomer, out of touch with the pop culture and it's okay too. I'm glad she's trying this last time to have a big pop era, cause after the bullying she got during Witness, I don't think she will want to try again after the backlash this era will give her. :toofunny3:

I was thinking about CG first verse, they would make fun about It too…

Edited by edutada

I was leaning towards the leak being Ai, as the lyrics are so dire, but I've come round to thinking that as it's the Kim Petras crew, they've gone from a song all about dick, to a song all about what's listed in a thesaurus under woman. 

The leak is starting to get removed from Twitter. It was In this tweet before.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, edutada said:

I was thinking about CG first verse, they would make fun about It too…

Yeah like even her Teenage Dream or Prism approach would've been received differently these days cuz these eras had years to create cultural impact and chart numbers what gives them the nostalgia factor and no one will come for them, just complain and scream for Katy to create music like this again. :toofunny2:

• Like 1

A lot could've been avoided if they weren't such idiots and surprise released it. But again in an era where people are into songs like Espresso, releasing whatever this it's not the most smart move. No body is here for this type of sound in 2024 and on top of this name it Woman's World 

Edited by MasterExpose

Bad virals still virals after all 

Not comparing at all but Paint The Down Red turn out to be a smash 'cause of the viral comparing with doja releasing "different stuff" and sounding the same 

EkyOBzb.gif

• Haha 1

The only way this song can be saved is if she releases the visuals along with the song. The 1 day wait will be fatal. If the visuals gag then people may look past the terrible music. 

It's actually kind of crazy that Harleys In Hawaii keeps going viral over and over and shows people want a more mature sound from her; and she thinks "oh, I'll go and release a dated pop song I could have released 11 years ago" :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jeez everyone is so dramatic just over a snippet, just wait till July 11 and then decide whether you like the song or not. This is getting pathetic. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aurora said:

the "full lq" has been on twitter and youtube for a day and still not taken down when the leaked artworks were being taken down within hours of being posted... what's not clicking :toofunny2:

what now... @spree

c1hU1Rj.jpg

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Haha 8

Just now, gloamingtheplain said:

It's actually kind of crazy that Harleys In Hawaii keeps going viral over and over and shows people want a more mature sound from her; and she thinks "oh, I'll go and release a dated pop song I could have released 11 years ago" :rip: 

the entire tiktok has been begging her to release another teenage dream :bibliahh:

• Like 1

well, the leak was real after all, hopefully no one remembers that the fandom thought it was all AI cuz.... the draggings :bibliahh:

Her team are lying about the snippets being fake because obviously they can't admit to it being real. Use your brain people. This would've been a great promo single but choosing this song as a lead is insane. No radio is going to play this… 

The Twitter posts sharing the leak are being taken down for copyright guys ☠️☠️☠️

7 minutes ago, Ava Max said:

The leak is starting to get removed from Twitter. It was In this tweet before.

this entire rollout is so funny :skull:

:deadbanana4:

Good luck, babes!

• Like 3

To be fair, if she worked with Charlie Puth again, it's kind of a coin flip. There's a 50/50 chance it could turn out like Harleys in Hawaii or like Small Talk 

I think there gonna change singles  after all the controversy 

I told yall it was just the leaked song… the chorus is so boring and monotone. Same as the verses… see yall at the second single. Not her dropping a small talk b4 NRO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.