Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

12 minutes ago, Yes, AND said:

To have any chance of success ( Top 20 ) it needs to be on TTH but good placement. The video needs to go somewhat viral and it needs to be on the radio. All the public appearances in the world will not make any difference if those things are not in place. 

Will be interesting also to see if she does any performances. 

There's not really any award shows to perform the song until September, but performances aren't really super important for a song taking off in 2024 anyways. As long as they have good playlisting, radio deal, make use of Spotify's autoplay, paid TikTok influencers to promote it etc. that's all they can really do. The rest will be if the song is good enough and the exposure transitions into people liking the song and streaming it organically.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

aren't we trusting like so much on capitol? 

the last time a Katy song was on TTH was Daisies and was like #14 or so... 

7 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

And they sent the song to pop radio 3 weeks later, yes.

4 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Idk if I'm too optimistic, but I think we can't compare the promo Smile got (none) with this new era. I mean Smile was an almost self-promoted era/album without the intention of doing big things but just to give something to fans, since Katy knew she would have focused on Daisy's birth (ahhh her  generousity>>>).

So let's hope for the best.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 5:11 PM, thismoment said:

The tiktok with her red dress has 600k likes now, 5 hours ago it was at 500k. 
Guess she's also buying likes on TikTok for random accounts :jonny5:

1.1M likes now and another one with 1.3M 

spacer.png

• Like 4

Let's be real. Daisies flopped because A) the song barely had promo B) the song wasn't good and C) it didnt have a good music video.

People watch Katy Perry for the videos. The extravagance is the thing that makes Katy Perry. We should compare Woman's World to Never Really Over since that had a proper roll-out of sorts (which was still unfortunately mishandled by Capitol)

• Like 3

the way her chart history is so impressive up until chained to the rhythm left the charts

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the way her chart history is so impressive up until chained to the rhythm left the charts

bon appetit they will never make me hate you!

• Like 5

Nobody can tell me otherwise, but HIH changed her career. 
It was her first single that became kinda huge on TikTok and the young people rediscovered her whole discography since then. This gave her confidence back because she thought she was not loved ecc ecc.

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, justlore said:

It was her first single that became kinda huge on TikTok and the young people rediscovered her whole discography since then. This gave her confidence back because she thought she was not loved ecc ecc.

Totally true. If just she and Capitol had exploited that spotlight, atp NRO and HIH would have been considered her official comeback on charts, but I guess she doesn't care (and that's good for her). Anyway we trust in KPsex, after all we're katyclowns:celestial:

Edited by FabForAThrowback

I already wrote this, but I think that for the GP, Harleys In Hawaii is her latest hit.

1 hour ago, justlore said:

Ironically, this single was the worst in terms of release tactics and promo.

• Like 1

I've canceled Katy Perry when she ditched drag performers on the SNL because of Migos.

She pretending to be LGTB+ friendly but she aren't. And now she make a song about female empowerment and make a collaboration with Dr. Luke

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 10

17 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

I've canceled Katy Perry when she ditched drag performers on the SNL because of Migos.

She pretending to be LGTB+ friendly but she aren't. And now she make a song about female empowerment and make a collaboration with Dr. Luke

But she just got them for Swish Swish instead of Bon Appetit? wtf :rip: 

• Thanks 10

41 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

this was made up by some pressed internet gay sis. multiple drag queens that were actually there said this was fake news and that katy was a sweetheart

Edited by wehan6
  • Thanks 10

30 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

Do some research before posting bs

• Like 3

i remember there was also a lie curculating around that there was an afterparty after the performance and that katy asked security to throw all the drag queens out of the party when migos asked her to :lmao: 

Ooh it is a new snippet on her insta no? The first millisec?

Edit: no 

Edited by Romantica

Maybe she will announce the album before the song drops to boost hype :bird:

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

why she making us wait so long :jonny6:

Maybe Capitol is trying to negotiate the amount of autoplay she's about to receive :jonny6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.