Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

I leave for 40 minutes and I see 100+ new replies, I really thought Katy had previewed another snippet but it's just another aotwbys asking to get banned from this thread

nicki.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• aotwbys

• georgechxng

• Bends

3 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

the way if we're gonna keep taps on every single girl that did something problematic and collaborated with someone that has allegations we're gonna have to open a whole new thread.

but in reality no one cares about that, cuz that's just how the industry works, you always have to go for what's best for your career. And for katy the best thing was to go back to Luke cuz he's one of the main reason behind her first albums' success. 

it happens in the film industry all the time and no one gives a ****, margot robbie started in a David O. Russel film only to go and produce and star in the biggest "feminist" film of the year a few months later. 

so please spare us the essays and stop trying to act morally superior just bc u dislike katy. 

The point is she didn't have to!! I can be more lenient about people who signed to Luke's label when they're 18-20 and just starting out. Katy is almost 40 and a multi millionaire!! She literally could've chosen any producer. 

just bc it's commonplace doesn't mean it's right. It's why any casting announcement for a  David O Russel film is met with backlash and vitriol. Sure at the end of the day some people might not care and forget, but just because it happens everywhere doesn't mean we can't call it out. This is just atrl, worry more when more articles come out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Has he been proved to be a rapist? 

He has not been legally convicted of rape. But I do believe there is historical evidence of abuse and gender based violence against Kesha

• Thanks 2

Just now, Velvet said:

The point is she didn't have to!! I can be more lenient about people who signed to Luke's label when they're 18-20 and just starting out. Katy is almost 40 and a multi millionaire!! She literally could've chosen any producer. 

I guess the answer is the same to why Ariana decided to hop on a Doja track for Luke's album 3 years ago - cuz she wanted to.

There's nothing to add here.

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

Has he been proved to be a rapist? 

Kesha maintaining from 2006 that he raped her is pretty convincing, yes. I promise you that you don't have to sink to these depths. :rip:

• Thanks 2

The thread is about the single and some of you are way too off-topic…

• Like 6

Wtf is wrong with some people here, if they support that much Kesha why don't they go and stream her last album and make it a less of a flop. Damn it you don't care for her you just are mad cuz Dr.Luke gives Katy Perry his best work and y'all mad she gonna be on top again. 

Stay pressed and mad Katy gonna dominated the whole summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

The thread is about the single and some of you are way too off-topic…

Thank the users that are constantly repeating the same topic over and over again derailing this thread into a discussion that should be held in other threads. The fact the top posters in here are literally having fun discussions about the song, sharing our excitement, talking about the snippet and theres a few people coming in here every few pages bringing up the topic of dr luke (even tho all of us are already aware and we just wanna ****** talk about the song)

• Thanks 6

it's so funny to see these allegations for the past few days

1. some stans whose favorite already collabed with rapists in 2013 dragged katy for collaborating with Dr.Luke who was found not guilty on court 

2. a homewrecker stan called out Katy for morality

but I have to declare I dont stand with Dr.luke :deadbanana4:like why should I stand my ground for sth we never witness and sth only Kesha and Dr.luke know. 

• Like 3

I understand criticising Katy for working with Luke. That's perfectly fine and understandable. I would have rather seen her with a different producer too.

But I think the current conversation is completely unproductive and to be fair, mostly off-topic. 

Anyway, I think the second snippet is lovely

:clack:

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

?????????? Oh my god? :deadbanana4:

girl if anyone should be shocked here it's me LMFAOOO

you're out here defending a white woman with your LIFE and when i ask you if the victim in question has shown sympathy/support to people who are literally dying, your response is to give us a lecture about the case and capitalize my posts and drop dead with shock. 

these are my values, whether like them or not. 

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Kesha maintaining from 2006 that he raped her is pretty convincing, yes. I promise you that you don't have to sink to these depths. :rip:

So it all comes to blindly believing her?

I mean, he could have done it, or not. But what we officially have is that he was not declared guilty and that she stated she didn't remember clearly what had happened that night; but some of you come and call him rapist, despite these facts. In my country that's called defamation.

• Thumbs Down 4

Considering the song's subject matter is about the modern female experience, discussing her involvement with an "alleged" rapist *is* on topic and directly related to the song. Just because it's annoying to you, as a stan, doesn't mean it's irrelevant. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

but kesha has stated that she cannot recount what happened that night, how's this 'maintaining'. 

I must side with Kesha and trust her words about not recounting what happened that night.

ezgif-5-e0c737b5ff.thumb.gif.7c98c8593ee

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

anyways… won't be responding to braindead stans that are hiding behind kesha to hate on katy anymore. 

19 days till woman's world! :heart2:

• Thanks 1

But what we officially have is that he was not declared guilty

You literally do not have this. You quite literally have Dr. Luke conceding he cannot reasonably prove in front of a court that Kesha lied. 

1 minute ago, alex_katycat said:

but kesha has stated that she cannot recount what happened that night,

Genuinely there's no reason to type nonsense like this outside of a hatred of women. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

The fact being, almost none of us are actually pro-Dr. Luke. We are happy for Kesha that she is free now. But let's also remember that Katy has the right to work with him if she wants to. She does not owe anybody anything. She made the decision to work with him wether we like it or not. Is it disappointing she believes she needs to go back to him? Yes, I think so. But at the end of the day, we just want to enjoy the music. Regardless of the producer. We waited 4 years on this moment and no amount of slandering our fanbase will take that away from us.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, WitnessOblivia said:

I understand criticising Katy for working with Luke. That's perfectly fine and understandable. I would have rather seen her with a different producer too.

But I think the current conversation is completely unproductive and to be fair, mostly off-topic. 

Anyway, I think the second snippet is lovely

:clack:

Like, what can be said that hasn't already been discussed in the first 135+ pages? Atp I will just start reporting people going off topic

nicki.png

• Like 2

Just now, Nuggets said:

Like, what can be said that hasn't already been discussed in the first 135+ pages? Atp I will just start reporting people going off topic

nicki.png

you can report people. well hold on a sec I- 

we get it you think katy has bad morals...but at the end of the day you won't be able to convince those who don't share the view point as you so save yourselves the time...argue with a wall...listen to your fav's music..meditate...idk it just seems very pointless to spam every page with the same argument...congrats you're a better person than katy perry i guess

i think women from all backgrounds will love this empowering song

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

Just now, Communion said:

You literally do not have this. You quite literally have Dr. Luke conceding he cannot reasonably prove in front of a court that Kesha lied. 

Genuinely there's no reason to type nonsense like this outside of a hatred of women. 

i'm just quoting kesha, but if u think it's 'nonsense'... 

I think we're fine for the day. Let's keep this thread for the song.

• Like 1

She should surprise drop a single I want to read the arguments and twerk :coffee:

Just now, Communion said:

And Kesha couldn't prove he rapped her. That's the point. I'm not calling Kesha a liar, neither am I calling Luke a rapist because nothing could be proved, from both sides. But using the "rapist" thing against Katy fits your hater narrative perfectly, so I guess it's valid for some of you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

that user just basically said that Kesha's literal words are nonsense? am i getting this right? anyways...

THE SONG WILL BE A BOP AND WE WILL SUPPORT IT ANYWAYS

QUEEN LOOKS HAPPY AND HEALTHY, LOVE IT FOR HER :heart2:

but probably means that she's not flying to paris for the fashion show huh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.