Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

1 minute ago, BryceG said:

Yes and no. It is the first single for sync reasons.

what does that mean 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• georgechxng

• aotwbys

She is getting more dragged about the quality rather than Luke in Insta comments. Many people think it is a joke and AI. (I lowkey still suspect it is.)

halcyonday

I wonder what they're syncing it to

21 minutes ago, BryceG said:

It's not Taylor Swift unless she's greenscreened in. It's not Kesha either for the same reason.

I made that other thread because she was asked to be involved in the album and was also asked to be involved in the video. Contrary to her fans, Luke and Kesha (with Pebe) do still have an extremely fraught but existing relationship with each other including regular stipends, and I'll leave it at that.

Katy's album is a reset of sorts for lots of people, those in the limelight and those behind the scenes, who have collectively decided they want to move ahead together and not apart.

Is it Madge lol

can she just update another teaser so we can tell whether the leaked is real or AI:suburban: 

They need to be a big name female artist with prior Dr. Luke collab :pancake:

1 minute ago, KatysPrism said:

what does that mean 

Luke owns one of the most successful sync companies in the world, which is a company that sells the rights to music to movies, TV shows, sporting events, etc.

Woman's World is lined up for the Olympics, of which Luke is involved in anyway. He owns the company that manages music that'll be at the event. The next FIFA too - he did the last one's English language music with RedOne. That's how Nicki Minaj ended up on the official single.

So even if he's not (officially) a producer, he has just as much say because he controls where the music makes most of its money. When people like me say Dua Lipa works with Luke, we're meaning this stuff. He quite literally sends notes like "add the 808 here, it'll pop better in the H&M ad" and the like. This forum isn't particularly music literate, and some fanbases play dumb too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Dr. Luke resurrecting the dead. His evil power

The above is a specific example of something Luke and his team did for Dua, coordinating sync with Spotify, and getting Spotify to pay for their own version of the music video. There are dozens of examples but the above is one I know first hand from back in 2019.

Katy will definitely have things like the above, Luke and Prescription Songs are overseeing the album and unlike Dua, they're all the same overall label now.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

If Taylor appears in the MV Katy is saved. Everyone will drag Taylor for appearing in an mv of a song produced by Dr puke/ a single from an album produced by him and will forget Katy collabed with him in the first place :gaycat3:

Anyways, maybe she'll surprise me and the album will be good and smash, but Katy sadly has never been the sharpest tool in the shed. She's wasted so many opportunities to come back or have big eras that other girls would've used/ pray for, and it's sad to see she apparently learned nothing from her past career fumbles...

• Haha 1

Dua working with Luke is not the tea i was expecting from 2024 oh wow oh wow :rip: 

the tiktok bandwagoning culture is so toxic

i don't think the snippet is anything special but the amount of hate videos that are being made already :skull:

• Like 2

Just now, halcyonday said:

Dua working with Luke is not the tea i was expecting from 2024 oh wow oh wow :rip: 

She worked with his writers and A&R since New Rules, so it comes part and parcel, and they've not tried to set up an arrangement where he isn't involved because it pays for everything.

Oh so he is back with a vengeance

the thing that i do not understand is.. if so many people in the industry worked with Dr L*ke behind the scenes, why would Katy go on and set it straight as a pr move of some sort? 

11 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Luke owns one of the most successful sync companies in the world, which is a company that sells the rights to music to movies, TV shows, sporting events, etc.

Let's summarize: is the single being released exactly like this and on exactly such dates, because they want to tie it up to the Olympics and use it for broadcasting in order to get more coverage and profit?

5 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

She didn't, one of the writers for DSN is under his label or distributing company or something 

Edited by Cain
  • Like 4

this Olympics thing makes me wonder if Katy actually got Rise on there bc of L*ke…

2 minutes ago, Bends said:

Let's summarize: is the single being released exactly like this and on exactly such dates, because they want to tie it up to the Olympics and use it for broadcasting in order to get more coverage and profit?

Bingo. Even the long release date. I believe it's lined up with the Olympics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deds said:

this Olympics thing makes me wonder if Katy actually got Rise on there bc of L*ke…

Not to derail, but yes, and he went uncredited on that track.

Can we get more Parisian vibes?

4 minutes ago, Cain said:

She didn't, one of the writers for DSN is under his label or distributing company or something 

oh the tea is definitely beyond that

giphyhth-ezgif.com-optimize.thumb.gif.9f

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Luke is the licensor of the entire Future Nostalgia era, including on behalf of all the other publishers. It made more sense he lead it because he owns majority owns the lead single and another pre-planned single (Levitating).

Edited by BryceG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

this flood of tea??  :redface: holy moly

2 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Luke is the publisher of the entire Future Nostalgia era, including on behalf of all the other publishers. It made more sense he lead it because he owns majority owns the lead single and another pre-planned single (Levitating).

omgggg the tea :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.