Katy Perry - "Woman's World"

Almodusa

18 hours ago, Musicmajor said:

I uninstalled twitter and stayed off socials for a few days and not ONE mention of this "controversy" in the real world. If the song is good, catchy and is serviced well on spotify, apple and radio, the song will be a hit and eaten up by the general public. People are entitled to their own opinions and feelings about the Kesha and Dr. Luke situation. If you're a fan of Katy and excited about the new music/era, try to not let this twitter stan chaos consume your life and ruin your experience with the new music. 

You stayed off the only places where Katy is being talked about wow I love this independent research. Next you should conduct a real life case study of how many people know who Marina Dimandis is :ahh:

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Bends

• georgechxng

• aotwbys

Honestly, the most probable scenario is that people won't even notice it's been released. I wonder why there's an expectation that fans will tune in. Given my experience of awaiting the droplets and Smile after Witness, it feels like I am among a handful of people here who are genuinely looking forward to these releases. This situation doesn't feel much different.

54 minutes ago, Aurora said:

why y'all still believing random sketchy ppl with no credible sources provided after all the disappointment in the past month is beyond me... ms. swift will have nothing to do with this song, video, or otherwise. we'll be lucky if she gives it a positive passing mention like she did with "Never Really Over" since she probably doesn't want to get herself bashed for praising a song produced by lukasz

Bryce G had information before tho 

But yes, Katy Perry. The struggling indie girl.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, aotwbys said:

Honestly, the most probable scenario is that people won't even notice it's been released.

Unfortunately, there is a chance that the song will reach the conditional No. 8 in US iTunes and begin to fall.

1 minute ago, Bends said:

Unfortunately, there is a chance that the song will reach the conditional No. 8 in US iTunes and begin to fall.

Woman's World is GOOD. I will stand by that even if it's -143 on the charts. SERIOUSLY. I will die on that hill.

• Like 1

The way Taylor wasn't even mentioned, and it doesn't make sense anyway because yall wouldn't be "committing seppuku" as half the board would be jumping at the bit to drag Taylor :coffee2:

• Like 1

Nooooo, we love Taylor now. Burger and fries. That would really be something cursed though. Swift on a bad blood music video for Katy (and on a song produced by Dr. Luke)

I'm lowkey OKPH and even I'm objectively disappointed like she's not putting up a fight this is a blatant tank. For starters men won't connect with it just on title alone so there's a whole demographic gone. She actually had hype this time, left American Idol, and has debuted a 2010 beat with the most horrendous lyrics simply full of adjectives :deadbanana:

• Like 2

Sorry but I'm gonna pretend that snippet from tiktok isn't her comeback song bc :biblionny: whew chile bc what is that??

Yeah, I don't know why she is doing "Woman's World" when straight men are in their misogynistic era. They will switch off right when the feminist lyrics start. And it's not exactly a bad b***h anthem. Good song though :)

I mean I'm all here for Katy 2010 but pls do not compare woman's world with her teenage dream era! Yes, she's never been the most artistic, but her teenage dream era made sense! Every song had a story and Katy overall was just charismatic! This snippet and that lq version sounds like what some wanna be Katy Perry girls would release back then! The production seems great, but I just don't see this meeting the expectations I had! "It's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it" like couldn't she come up with something smarter to say? 

I just don't get what happened with her since witness.. everything's gone downhill and she just lost her spark! Even when I went to see her in Vegas last year it just didn't feel like I was watching the Katy I was listening to up until witness! 

Popstars can't just make Teenage Dream every album

She spent several years working on projects that didn't quite take off before the success of One of the Boys – Teenage Dream – Prism. Given this history, it's understandable that people want her to recapture the magic of that era, but it's also important to recognize that she was young, freshly in love, and riding the wave of her first significant musical success back then. We get older. We have different experiences. And new things to write about.

• Like 1

My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911 :dies:

On 6/19/2024 at 4:04 PM, Kool_Aid_King said:

Yes, Need To Know was good, but it is a rap song too. Katy would not do a song like that :rip: 

Also 3 years ago. Let's hang it up, flat screen.

:suburban:

It doesn't even make sense what you're saying. He produced massive hits over the last 4 years and it doesn't matter if they're for rappers or not, the point is that he is a good producer, has an ear for hits and easily knows what the GP wants! 

I don't understand how you can be persuaded by a unknown girl who doesn't have a single major hit: "Hey, this will be the biggest hit of your career, it will bring you back to the top and you will win a Grammy for it." Amazingly.

46 minutes ago, Mattically said:

My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911 :dies:

I'm sorry but she said nothing....

Can we get a digital literacy course going immediately? That 'cowriter' did not write these bars lol

2 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

Bryce G had information before tho 

It's not Taylor Swift unless she's greenscreened in. It's not Kesha either for the same reason.

I made that other thread because she was asked to be involved in the album and was also asked to be involved in the video. Contrary to her fans, Luke and Kesha (with Pebe) do still have an extremely fraught but existing relationship with each other including regular stipends, and I'll leave it at that.

Katy's album is a reset of sorts for lots of people, those in the limelight and those behind the scenes, who have collectively decided they want to move ahead together and not apart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i guess we'll just have to wait and see, i refuse to believe that her team would let her take such a step without having guarantees like how can you be so braindead.. 

plus WW is definitely her choice, it's giving Hey Hey Hey and she literally thought she ate this. i can't understand how a person can totally not get their OWN brand, cuz she has a good music taste, idk why it's so bad when it comes to HER music. 

i was really excited for this era, could've been her comeback and we would've been so happy to experience her being popular again, instead we're getting witness flashbacks. even Smile era seems better now :sosad:

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

I mean I'm all here for Katy 2010 but pls do not compare woman's world with her teenage dream era! Yes, she's never been the most artistic, but her teenage dream era made sense! Every song had a story and Katy overall was just charismatic! This snippet and that lq version sounds like what some wanna be Katy Perry girls would release back then! The production seems great, but I just don't see this meeting the expectations I had! "It's a woman's world and you're lucky to be living in it" like couldn't she come up with something smarter to say? 

I just don't get what happened with her since witness.. everything's gone downhill and she just lost her spark! Even when I went to see her in Vegas last year it just didn't feel like I was watching the Katy I was listening to up until witness! 

if you're not gonna reinvent the wheel and go back to what's familiarity it HAS to be amazingly good. So far it sounds like she's gone back to Luke and it'll just get compared to her first three eras, similar happened to Chromatica. 

18 minutes ago, aotwbys said:

Can we get a digital literacy course going immediately? That 'cowriter' did not write these bars lol

the whole tweet is sending me, she literally said she got the idea for the lyrics from the toilet paper commercial and they were like „yup she's for real". :redface:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KatysPrism said:

plus WW is definitely her choice

Yes and no. It is the first single for sync reasons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.