MPG pure album sales since 1999: Britney and Taylor on top

Lana Banana

9 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

It's okay, no one is comparing Britney to Taylor, Taylor is at 211M total units at this point, overtaking  Madonna by the end of the year as the 5th bestselling artist of all time. Britney is sitting comfortably at #50 or so with less than half of that amount sold 

different stratosphere of artists were talking about here 

Streaming equivalent units is the dumbest most unrealistic measurement when an album can inflate its numbers by its numbers of tracks. So you are right, different zip codes here buddy. 

Physical Album sales >>>>>> 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• Blackout2006

• dirrtydiana

• Xtina23

Dayum:

1. Taylor

2. Britney (20 years and 10 months, she was number 1)

3. Beyonce

4. Madonna

5. Adele

6. Rihanna

7. Lady Gaga

8. Mariah Carey

9. Shakira

10. Katy Perry

25 minutes ago, By the Water said:

This thread is about pure album sales. But thank you for pointing out that people can't bother to listen to Britney's music for even 31 seconds

Britney continues to grow more on streaming each year despite being on indefinite hiatus and 26 years into her career :cm:

You're literally one of those swifties that hates on any female that isn't Taylor, are you not embarrassed? :rip:

22 minutes ago, réveuse said:

By authenticity, I mean people were actually going out and buying her albums without extra variants.

Exactly back then at "the hEiGhT of album sales!!!" People actually had to take their spare time to go out into the real world in stores to buy their faves albums, there was no instant access to streaming or itunes. That's when pure sales were the most authentic. Also Britney didn't need Variants either :foxaylove3:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Britney continues to grow more on streaming each year despite being on indefinite hiatus and 26 years into her career :cm:

You're literally one of those swifties that hates on any female that isn't Taylor, are you not embarrassed? :rip:

Exactly back then at "the hEiGhT of album sales!!!" People actually had to take their spare time to go out into the real world in stores to buy their faves albums, there was no instant access to streaming or itunes. That's when pure sales were the most authentic. Also Britney didn't need Variants either :foxaylove3:

This is the most real reply. I can't add anything to this. Thanks, sis. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

You're literally one of those swifties that hates on any female that isn' Taylor, are you not embarrassed? :rip:

What makes him different to his lil saviour?

IMG-3067.jpg

5 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Dayum:

1. Taylor

2. Britney (20 years and 10 months, she was number 1)

3. Beyonce

4. Madonna

5. Adele

6. Rihanna

7. Lady Gaga

8. Mariah Carey

9. Shakira

10. Katy Perry

20 years :eek:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 minute ago, americanshameless said:

What makes him different to his lil saviour?

IMG-3067.jpg

20 years :eek:

The three biggest female artists of their respective generations are white (Madonna, then Britney and then Taylor). Beyonce's success is amazing, the biggest black female artist of all time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BadHabits said:

The three biggest female artists of their respective generations are white (Madonna, then Britney and then Taylor). Beyonce's success is amazing, the biggest black female artist of all time.

:clap3: It was interesting to see Beyoncé and Gaga go back and forth on that chart 

Edited by americanshameless
  • Thanks 1

Taylor will probably be number 1 forever, insane she caught up in the first place. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Taylor will probably be number 1 forever, insane she caught up in the first place. 

Give a white girl access to internet and that's the formula. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

43 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

No matter the source, Brit would still be at least top 5 and XtiN/A at the bottom if they're feeling generous with the cut out. The absolute emptiness in that little head of yours.

Also, no need to downplay Taylor's or Brit's success. They both came out on top of their respective generations and their peers all had the same tools as them in their arsen/al yet failed to even come close to them.

sorry ATRL user @dumbsparce, I have never have and never will use an instagram fan page as a trusted source.

xoxo

tumblr_nxsv932ozy1u6n38po1_400.gif 

Edited by Xtina23
  • Thumbs Down 2

britney is the most legendary pop star of all time for a reason :clap3:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Xtina23 said:

sorry ATRL user @dumbsparce, I have never have and never will use an instagram fan page as a trusted source.

xoxo

Find a more credible source then and post the results. Quickly.

Accelerate GIF by Christina Aguilera

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Find a "more credible source"

You went from "no matter the source" to find a "more credible source".

So which one is it? Does the original source (itsbritneymeme) not fit your criteria as you've mentioned?

xoxo

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

xoxo

The numbers are accurate whichever source you go to except they are provided in an interactive way here. 

Girl you settin' yourself up as a clown

IMG_0600.jpeg.127a800c6a43229ab8a4087813

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Like 3

Just now, Lana Banana said:

The numbers are accurate whichever source you go to except they are provided in an interactive way here. 

Girl you settin' yourself up as a clown

IMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.c03ed2768a0fd12f4cae

Just now, Xtina23 said:

You went from "no matter the source" to find a "more credible source".

So which one is it? Does the original source (itsbritneymeme) not fit your criteria as you've mentioned?

xoxo

No matter the source = from least to most credible. All of which will put Britney (and many others) above cantchartin/a. Stop embarrassing yourself.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

No matter the source = from least to most credible. All of which will put Britney (and many others) above cantchartin/a. Stop embarrassing yourself.

That's a new one I will definitely use only because of that one delulu fan in this thread. THOSE fans can't even accept the receipts, like…

IMG_0600.jpeg.127a800c6a43229ab8a4087813

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Haha 1

ATRL users are now using dedicated social media fan pages as industry receipts like credible sources

Anyone can create that. I can't lmao

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Britney debuted at the height of album sales... The fact that Taylor passed her speaks volume about the gap in their popularity

Enough with this excuse. Britney WAS the height of cd sales with nsync and bsb, Eminem and others.

Or where are xtinas diamond albums?

Or are you guys claiming the 80s was the height of whatever medium MJ and Madonna had their massive sales?

OT: if they're gonna count the streams equivalent for the streaming era then they should figure out a way to count the countless times we watched videos on mtv and played their CDs till they scratched lol

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, BadHabits said:

Britney (20 years and 10 months, she was number 1)

That's very impressive for someone who was only really playing the game her first 4 albums

with the peak of piracy, radio ban, breakup hate wagon 

:clap3:

• Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

ATRL users are now using dedicated social media fan pages as industry receipts like credible sources

Anyone can create that. I can't lmao

Just like you create Aguilera's success on ATRL? Yeah. 
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526n3liff5222swdm2fd

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

That's very impressive for someone who was only really playing the game her first 4 albums

with the peak of piracy, radio ban, breakup hate wagon 

:clap3:

Remember when Telephone Demo by Britney was the most downloaded track of 2011? Imagine not lifting a finger as Britney yet still getting this kind of fan support. I wish THOSE fans could relate :cries:

Edited by Lana Banana
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Remember when Gaga made BTW 0.99$? :ahh: 

14 minutes ago, Lana Banana said:

Just like you create Aguilera's success on ATRL? Yeah. 
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526n3liff5222swdm2fd

ATRL user @Lana Banana - I keep getting notifications of you reacting to my posts and seeing several edits on your comments.

I did not mean to make you sweat defending your itsbritneymeme receipts.

You and @dumbsparce are free to use whichever fan page source makes you happy.

xoxo

2 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

ATRL user @Lana Banana - I keep getting notifications of you reacting to my posts and seeing several edits on your comments.

I did not mean to make you sweat defending your itsbritneymeme receipts.

You and @dumbsparce are free to use whichever fan page source makes you happy.

xoxo

Several edits being me adding a gif link. Oops sorry for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.